PDA

View Full Version : DHL shipping question and I need a German translator!!

Jasper
01-10-2015, 11:38 AM
I recently purchases a resin from Germany and she shipped it yesterday. It's going by DHL. What is everyone's experience with that? Do I have to pay any custom fees? Do I have to pick it up somewhere? I speak a little bit of German but not well enough to understand their site and see where my package is. Anyone willing to help? :) I have heard some bad things that have happened to peoples resins when shipping overseas. I'm very nervous about this. Also didn't know about any fees and don't want to pay an ungodly amount for it.

Thanks!

LittleBlueBMW
01-10-2015, 01:26 PM
My last dhl from Germany was handed off to usps but it took 5 weeks and was in limbo with the dhl tracking forever

LittleBlueBMW
01-10-2015, 01:27 PM
Also the top of the dhl page will have an English link

Miriam
01-10-2015, 03:36 PM
Just enter the tracking number in the top right here: http://www.dhl.de/en.html
Depending on what's written on the package and its size, you may or may not have to pay customs fees.

hippycowgirl
01-10-2015, 04:05 PM
It will be delivered USPS. My tracking never updated after it was handed over to them. I doubt you will have to pay any custom fees. My item was over $350 and I did not.

LittleBlueBMW
01-10-2015, 05:21 PM
I did not pay fees either

grandecielostudio
01-10-2015, 05:24 PM
My last dhl from Germany was handed off to usps but it took 5 weeks and was in limbo with the dhl tracking forever

:yeahthat

DHL gives it to USPS once in the US (and when that happened, it only took 2 days to arrive) and no fees.

Jasper
01-11-2015, 03:35 PM
Thanks :) I have a show the 24th of January. I was hoping to get him by then but doesn't sound likely. This is the first time I've bought a model from overseas. I knew the shipping was going to take awhile, but I didn't realize that long! As long as he gets her safely that's OK.

WPDR
01-11-2015, 09:16 PM
UGH It took them two months to get a horse to me. I had to start a query with DHL too. Since I was freaking out over my Burbank being lost. He finally showed up, in a beat up box.

Jasper
01-14-2015, 12:05 PM
UGH It took them two months to get a horse to me. I had to start a query with DHL too. Since I was freaking out over my Burbank being lost. He finally showed up, in a beat up box.

This is what's got me biting my nails. Why I have avoided buying overseas. But it was a horse and deal that was hard to pass up. I'm trying not to check the tracking everyday (a watched pot doesn't boil) but the last time I looked it hasn't moved anywhere since being brought in.

pzp
01-15-2015, 12:52 AM
I just did this. Took 6 weeks for the horse to get to me in Hawai`i from Germany. Shipped DHL and handed off to USPS, at which point I was able to track it.

Miss Kitty
01-15-2015, 01:52 AM
My best friend lives in WI, too, and packages shipped there usually take 2-3 weeks to arrive. The seller should be able to send you a USPS tracking code around 3-4 days after the box shipped (it needs to clear the sorting facility first to receive the No.). The code usually starts with a 'CL' and then a variation of numbers and ends with a 'DE'. :)
Tracking boxes via the DHL website sucks bad though, at least for US customers. :somad

Jasper
01-15-2015, 11:53 AM
The seller should be able to send you a USPS tracking code around 3-4 days after the box shipped (it needs to clear the sorting facility first to receive the No.). The code usually starts with a 'CL' and then a variation of numbers and ends with a 'DE'. :)
Tracking boxes via the DHL website sucks bad though, at least for US customers. :somad

So I'm supposed to be getting another number when it hits the States? The number is this: 350012861039 So no CL or DE.

But the package has moved! This is the status info:

The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center

grandecielostudio
01-15-2015, 11:56 AM
So I'm supposed to be getting another number when it hits the States? The number is this: 350012861039 So no CL or DE.

Yes, once USPS has it they produce a new number (like Kitty said with letters in front and back). I would recommend signing up for "My USPS" (it's free) and verifying your address. What it does is list all incoming packages to your address and you can even enter your email to get updates on your moving package. I love using it!

grandecielostudio
01-15-2015, 11:57 AM

That number still sounds like a DHL number, not USPS yet.

Miss Kitty
01-15-2015, 12:50 PM
Yes, once USPS has it they produce a new number (like Kitty said with letters in front and back). I would recommend signing up for "My USPS" (it's free) and verifying your address. What it does is list all incoming packages to your address and you can even enter your email to get updates on your moving package. I love using it!

Actually, that USPS number already appears as soon as the package left the international sorting facility in Germany, not only when it arrives in the US. :)
I gave it a quick check and it appears the package is still in transit to the sorting facility, so the USPS number should be there any time soon (I'd say within the next 3 days :) )

Jasper
01-15-2015, 03:36 PM

Signed up!