PDA

View Full Version : Cautions to red for Elle Taylor

tielz
01-11-2015, 10:50 AM
I posted these 3 messages on MHHR last night and this morning.
This is a hobby to me, but I know to some sellers, it pays the bills. I have no time to mess with frauds, so I would rather not sell a model to someone rather than take the chance of further issues.

DO NOT do any business with Elle Taylor. Save yourself the trouble and learn from my experience.

Oct 22, Elle contacted me about a Breyer model and put a downpayment immediately on the horse. The agreement was to pay part down and the rest in a week.
"Would you accept 25 down and the rest in a week?
Thanks"
I allow the buyer to tell me when they want an invoice so I waited. By now 30-days pass (my limit of no contact per my MH$P sales policies).

Nov 25, I contacted her again and she said to send the invoice.
New invoice sent to be paid that friday, Nov 28.

Dec 31, Elle emailed me quote: "I haven't heard back since Final payment was made. Can you let me know what's going on?
Thanks
Elle"

My reply: "I just sent invoice 016 again. It is not paid. Thank you, Lori"

I heard nothing. Below are the dates of this invoice. The last one stated payement had to be made in 24 hours or the agreement was breached.

January 2, 2015 6:28 PM Reminder sent
December 31, 2014 11:19 AM Reminder sent
November 28, 2014 7:22 PM Invoice sent
November 28, 2014 7:22 PM Invoice created

I do not know what scam Elle is up to, but now she is threatening to file with her cc and with paypal.

I forgot to mention in my original post that my policies are no refunds on deposits. Also, Paypal only has their refund payment button on a transaction for 60-days (something that I did not know until I checked).

Her last message to me is this:

"I did not ask for a refund and you never said anything of breach of contract until today. I can file a claim with my credit card and get refund of payment. And will file with PayPal even though passed date but will be used as records."

Now if I issue a refund, it will have to be for 23.97 because I refuse to eat the fees on a breach. Where does she think the money will come from? I don't want to be a part of someone committing fraud. Originally she said the payment was via e-check, but I cannot see any reference to that on Paypal now.

Does anyone have an opinion on what I should do? I have never had a problem with this happening in a sale before.

I did not want to mess with this anymore, so I phoned Paypal just now. I am worried about a $25.00 transaction costing Paypal and Elle's bank a lot of time and money over such a small amount.
The paypal representative was very friendly and helped me with this immediately. They are issuing a refund to Elle and crediting the fees to my account.
I told the customer service agent that I would be posting a warning not to enter into transactions with Elle Taylor and she agreed that I should do this.

Lesson learned.

I am emailing Elle to let her know that a refund was issued and that I do not want to be a part of whatever game that she is playing in this hobby. I see that in between the time Elle put money down on my model and now, she has also been dragging along other sellers. I can honestly advise any sellers to issue her a refund of money down and be done with her. If anyone needs details, I will share through private emails.

3barrelsup
01-11-2015, 12:17 PM
I had pretty much the same experience with her back in October of last year. She put a deposit down on 2 models I had on MH$P with the agreement to pay in 2 weeks. I sent her an invoice for a deposit thru paypal. She never paid. Several attempts and she never replyed. So I sent her a final request to pay or she would orfeit her deposit, and she threatened to do the same thing. Well I contacted paypal, because the will NOT refund any money for items that are for a deposit. She was NOT refunded her money thru paypal, and contacted me to see if we could work out a deal. I told her she had enough money paid to pay for one of the models and if she sent me the shipping fee I would gladly send her the one. She sent the money thru paypal for shipping and I sent her one model, and I will never do business with her again. Please let paypal know what is going on with her, I called them directly and explained the situation to them and they refused her refund. Good luck to you, I am sorry you have to deal with this person, she is a tough one.

tielz
01-11-2015, 01:24 PM
Thank you. I am glad that it worked out for you that you got your payment and that she did go through with the purchase. For years now, I have mostly been a buyer. This past summer decided to liquidate a portion of my collection for good.

I did phone paypal this morning and get this fixed. My final invoice request on January 2nd, similar to yours, stated that the overdue payment was due in 24 hours or she would forfeit the deposit. Yesterday, 10 days later, I received a reply to that invoice stating she would pay on the 20th. That was when I sent her an email declining the rest of the sale due to breach of contract.

While I thought I might come out ahead with the emails and the track record of non-payment, I just do not want to mess with selling to Elle. I saw red after red posted about her on MHHR from the time that I had originally agreed to sell to her. I started having thoughts of someone paying for a model and then filing a dispute once it is shipped, keeping the model, AND having the money refunded to her. I am selling my models for low prices, but they are newer and nice enough that I do not want to take a chance with them being the victim in all of this (like most of us, I care about my models first!).
The deposit was only $25.00 so Paypal sent her a refund and credited my account the fees. I confirmed this through Paypal by logging in before emailing her this morning to let her know that paypal had sent her money back. I told her that I did not want her money, did not want to sell her the model, and that I did not want her to contact me again.
If you can believe it, she emailed me back twice to try to turn it around on me accusing me of trying to keep her money, saying that we had no contract., and saying that I never replied to her emails that she sent to me (which were only the ones that are logged on the same string of emails, so no others were received by me).

I wrote back that she had her money, now we are done.

I have sold to SO many good people in the past few months. My long list of buyer names is up MHHR, though a few may be missing. This is the one time out of all of those transactions that I have had a problem.