PDA

View Full Version : Saying good-byes

LesliKathman
01-16-2015, 04:52 AM
Looking at my profile picture, I see that I have been a member of Blab since February of 2004. As far as I know, it has maintained a very active community for the longest period of any hobby forum, and for most of my time here I have been very much a part of that activity. I cannot count the number of friends I have met here! So it was with a great deal of sadness that I cancelled the auto-renew on my subscription.

For anyone that would like to stay in touch, I am active on Facebook - though I mostly use it to share embarrassing stories about my family rather than post shiny horses. My Blab handle is my real name, so you can find me there using that.

Studio information (all the shiny horse stuff!) gets posted to the blog and to the studio Facebook page.
Blackberry Lane (http://blackberrylane.info)
Blackberry Lane Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blackberry-Lane-Pottery/133242310044812?pnref=lhc)

The horse color stuff tends to get relegated to the Equine Tapestry sites these days. You can still reach me with questions on that subject, either through Facebook or my email (linked on the blog page).

And just a final word to the community as a whole. I have been connecting with other hobbyists online since 1992. I have seen venues prosper and eventually fade away - or a few cases, implode dramatically. Yet even so, we still find one another and reassemble. Where we meet does not define us; our relationships with one another does.

Warm regards,
Lesli Kathman

ElreniaGreenleaf
01-16-2015, 05:45 AM
Oh no, not you too! :(

Julia
01-16-2015, 06:09 AM
:sad Although I'm sad to see you leaving, you are SO SO SO right about our relationships with one another.

Susan B
01-16-2015, 07:57 AM
:cry

camaro88lover
01-16-2015, 08:47 AM
Expect more of this. Much more of this.

saddlebredsforme
01-16-2015, 11:14 AM
And just a final word to the community as a whole. I have been connecting with other hobbyists online since 1992. I have seen venues prosper and eventually fade away - or a few cases, implode dramatically. Yet even so, we still find one another and reassemble. Where we meet does not define us; our relationships with one another does.

Love this, and agree whole heartedly

Raventyde
01-16-2015, 01:05 PM
:sad :hugg

DooWiki
01-16-2015, 02:34 PM
Oh no, not you too! :(

:yeahthat:hugg:hugg:hugg

chopstix
01-16-2015, 02:40 PM
So many wonderful, intelligent and talented people leaving. :sad

Well said Lesli. I'm not super active here, but I've always enjoyed reading your posts. I shall seek them out on Facebook and elsewhere.

micamoney
01-16-2015, 07:39 PM
You'll be missed around here, Lesli... I've always enjoyed reading all of your posts, and I feel like I've learned so much from you! :sad I just added you as a Facebook friend; try to keep in touch. :hugg

Somethingroyal
01-16-2015, 08:50 PM
:(

:hugg

horsefreak
01-16-2015, 08:54 PM
:(

VWK'sanEasyGoer
01-16-2015, 09:03 PM
I am very sorry you are leaving. I always enjoyed reading what you had to say about things. :(

Shaheen
01-17-2015, 12:11 AM
I hate to see you go. :sad I've always enjoyed your posts over the few years I've been here. I understand your feelings though. My sub is due to renew soon, and I will need to make a decision myself. The tack room forum has kept me here, but a lot of my tack making friends have left, probably for Facebook, and posting in the tack room has dwindled. At least one tack person is thinking about leaving now due to the current issue. And who knows who else might be thinking about leaving. So I'm pondering.

JoeCool
01-17-2015, 12:20 AM
I hate to see you go. :sad I've always enjoyed your posts over the few years I've been here. I understand your feelings though. My sub is due to renew soon, and I will need to make a decision myself. The tack room forum has kept me here, but a lot of my tack making friends have left, probably for Facebook, and posting in the tack room has dwindled. At least one tack person is thinking about leaving now due to the current issue. And who knows who else might be thinking about leaving. So I'm pondering.

maybe you could bring your lovely photos to the new place where everyone is regrouping ..... :blueflower

Shaheen
01-17-2015, 12:35 AM
Thanks, and I will.
Saying this again. The radio silence concerning this situation is not helping and is driving people away.

Eviejean
01-17-2015, 03:58 PM
In the short time I've been on Blab I have learned a great deal from people like you Lesli, you will be missed! :(

PineRidgeStables
01-17-2015, 07:31 PM
:hugg Goodbye, Lesli.

Beethovens7th
01-17-2015, 10:59 PM
:hugg :sad

Truson
01-18-2015, 09:39 PM
Thanks, and I will.
Saying this again. The radio silence concerning this situation is not helping and is driving people away.

Too true.