PDA

View Full Version : Stacy Leaving Blab

Stacy
01-16-2015, 01:49 PM
I know most of the newer members probably won't recognize me, I've spent the better part of the year lurking due to various reasons, but I've been a member for 11 years, since the very beginning. I've seen Blab do amazing things, I've seen it have some pretty low moments, but sadly I believe that the actions of late will be my final reason for leaving this community.

It's probably best that I start off saying how very much I appreciate Blab and the amazing friends I've met on here. Over 1/3 of my life I've been a member of this community. This community has helped me so much, seeing me through an abusive long term relationship, moving across the country and marrying the amazing man I've been married to for four years. All of this was done with the help and support of my Blab sisters. Nearly every close friend I've met in the last 11 years has been in one way or another from Model Horse Blab. It has been instrumental in helping me make deep, meaningful friendships with friends I couldn't have even begun to wish for. My Blab sisters have helped me through every low point in my life and I have never been so grateful to be a part of this community.

I've also met so many hobbyists that share interests with me, gotten to see thousands of beautiful models and to read so many wonderful opinions. This hobby is so full of talented, intelligent people that have congregated here, that I have been so blessed to be a part of.

I think this is why the most recent incident has bothered me so much. I, quietly, cancelled my subscription about 4 months ago. Most of my value in Blab was classifieds and when Panjo came, I did not see the value anymore. I was not a fan of the software, so I dropped my subscription. I began to lurk more and in December it became very apparent that others were frustrated too.

What came to follow is what is the final straw for me. The community that has built this forum, the content makers, the artists, the moderators, the volunteers, not one of them has been given the respect of an opinion when it comes to the subject at hand. To make it clear, it's not Panjo, it's how people are being treated. For the owner to treat those who, quite literally, do more work than her, and contribute more to paid content than her, like they are disposable is reprehensible! I was told once by a boss that I was replaceable, I think it says a lot more about the person saying that statement than it does the one who it is being said about.

To disrespect and condone those upstanding members of not only this forum, but this hobby is all too much. I cannot be a part of a community that treats respected members of the hobby that way. Some of the very best artists in our hobby have been disrespected. The entire mod team has spoken out about this, and received the same treatment. Members that have built this community into what it is today.

Our PIF Master, our glitter fairy, our favorite mods, all of them, treated like they could be thrown away and replaced. What does this say about your value? What does this say about how much your opinion matters?

In closing, I'll leave you with the rules *I* agreed to when I joined Model Horse Blab 11 years ago:

"Blab was created by a long-time model horse hobbyist who thought there might be a need for a community of this type – a fun, open-minded, cooperative, supportive place for hobbyists to gather and communicate with one another, with scant moderation.

From beginner to long-time expert, young and old – everyone’s welcome at Blab!"

I think that they are even more poignant today.

Stacy Faraci

tehanami @ gmail dot com

https://www.facebook.com/tehana

DooWiki
01-16-2015, 02:16 PM
:hugg:hugg:hugg

chopstix
01-16-2015, 02:35 PM
The fact being that I am a semi-lurker I know we haven't interacted much, if at all. Nonetheless it saddens me that you are joining the ranks of those leaving. The more I read, the more I consider doing the same. I plan to find those that leave on Facebook. I hope you'll except my friendship there.

Miss Susan
01-16-2015, 03:59 PM
:hugg I've missed you a lot (as I hope you know) and sad to see you leave. :hugg

hayfieldstables
01-16-2015, 04:01 PM
:hugg:hugg

Raventyde
01-16-2015, 04:01 PM
:sigh :hugg

Beethovens7th
01-16-2015, 05:15 PM
:hugg So sad.:sad
i just don't understand.

marabella15
01-16-2015, 06:15 PM
Stacy! I'm so sad to see you leave. I loved going to live shows with you. Maybe I'll see you at breyerfest. Good luck in the future!

Shaheen
01-16-2015, 06:39 PM
I'm sad to see you leave Stacy. :sad

micamoney
01-16-2015, 07:33 PM
:hugg All of us will miss you dearly, along with everyone else that is leaving. Please keep in touch with us via Facebook or another method... :hugg

DragonWing
01-16-2015, 08:20 PM
I am sad to see this happen. Stacy, feel free to send me a message via Facebook if you want to talk.

Somethingroyal
01-16-2015, 08:49 PM
:(

:hugg

horsefreak
01-16-2015, 08:55 PM
:(

VWK'sanEasyGoer
01-16-2015, 09:02 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. :(

Eviejean
01-17-2015, 03:54 PM