PDA

View Full Version : I am STAYING on Blab!!! Hi! Still here!

KayQue
01-17-2015, 11:10 AM
Hi all!
I am incredibly saddened by people choosing to leave Blab. I am sorry they felt it has to come to that and I respect thier decisions. Maybe one could consider me selfish? But I am not jumping ship. I love the community here. I love the people here. I Check Blab daily. Sometimes it's the highlight of my day. (Sad as that sounds) Sometimes maybe I could be doing something more productive ... But I love it too much to leave. It's about the people I have made connections with not one person whom may or may not agree with. I just really wanted to post this because I have followed but completely stayed out of the drama. Though I understand why they made a choice to leave. I am so sad about people leaving... I just want to post something positive. Peace!! :)

Lupineleigh
01-17-2015, 11:36 AM
I'm staying, too, since I'm in the habit of coming on here every handful of hours. It would be hard to break that habit overnight.

horsefreak
01-17-2015, 12:10 PM
I'm staying, too, since I'm in the habit of coming on here every handful of hours. It would be hard to break that habit overnight.

:yeahthat

ElkStarRanch
01-17-2015, 12:33 PM
I am staying just not renewing my paid sub - I usually only participate in the Swaps and PIFs so the paid sub isn't something I feel I need right now.

emt8134
01-17-2015, 12:42 PM
I'm staying, make room at the campfire and I will bring the marshmellows....

muggyscugglemeyer
01-17-2015, 12:56 PM
You guys are stuck with me, too. Prepare for more cat threads.

Brenda
01-17-2015, 01:15 PM
I'm still here, too. I'm also on the other one, but I think I have room for both. :)

Brenda
01-17-2015, 01:15 PM

Meow!

KayQue
01-17-2015, 01:20 PM
I am trying out both as well. :)

Brenda
01-17-2015, 01:28 PM
A lot of people have a foot in each one. :) because, let's face it...the other one is still growing and developing and we have a lot of on-going conversations here. Blab is like your favorite pair of shoes...perfectly worn and and fit nicely. The other place is like a new pair of shoes. It's going to take some breaking in. :)

horsefreak
01-17-2015, 01:54 PM
Well said Brenda :thumbsup I’m staying, for now, but like I said before in other threads, I’m not renewing my sub.

T-Whinny Gal
01-17-2015, 02:03 PM
A lot of people have a foot in each one. :) because, let's face it...the other one is still growing and developing and we have a lot of on-going conversations here. Blab is like your favorite pair of shoes...perfectly worn and and fit nicely. The other place is like a new pair of shoes. It's going to take some breaking in. :)

I like that analogy. I, too, joined the newer forum, but I did not join because I am leaving Blab. I need all the help I can get with customizing tips, etc., so the more resources I have, the better. To be honest this whole classified ad thing doesn't affect me at all - I love and use Blab for other threads, am I am staying too, so be prepared for more appy pics :) - TJ

Beethovens7th
01-17-2015, 02:32 PM
Yep! Staying! AND I'M RENEWING MY SUB WHEN IT'S DUE IN FEBRUARY!! :tantrum (In green becasue i can AND because i LOVE Sara! :yes:yes) Been invited to go to the new forum and invites accepted; i am therefor a part of both, now. :) After all, it was time for me to open myself up to something new! AND my silly hubby's a part of FOUR FORUMS!!! :randommil So why can't i?? :lol

Glad you started this thread as i was gong to start a similar thread, but thanks to you, i don't have to! :hugg Thank you!

TheArchives
01-17-2015, 02:36 PM
Staying because I'm the outcast here, and no one cares about me. So get use to it.:spinny

rdvm09er
01-17-2015, 02:38 PM
Also staying and as others have mentioned, trying out another forum, cause nothing wrong with perhaps meeting new people!

Beethovens7th
01-17-2015, 02:42 PM
Also staying and as others have mentioned, trying out another forum, cause nothing wrong with perhaps meeting new people!

Right! :yes

clumsykat
01-17-2015, 02:45 PM
I'm still lurking :) I'm hoping to get out of lurking mode more

maryberry
01-17-2015, 03:00 PM

MOAR CAT THREADS!! :D

kitty
01-17-2015, 03:03 PM
I am not going anywhere. I like it here. yer all stuck w/ me.
what other forum are ya'll talkin about?
more is good.

Miss Susan
01-17-2015, 03:59 PM
Staying because I'm the outcast here, and no one cares about me. So get use to it.:spinny

:hugg We DO too..:hugg

I'm here too. As Brenda so well put it, these shoes are well broken in. And seeing as I have fat troublesome feet, that's important..;)

I'll bring the :popcorn

I.checked out the other forum. It's difficult on my cell phone. :dunno

Atlantalisa
01-17-2015, 04:00 PM
Kitty - I have the same question as you....what other forum? What am I missing WAH!!

horsefreak
01-17-2015, 04:07 PM
Only Model Horses (OMH) Heres the link :)

http://onlymodelhorses.proboards.com (http://onlymodelhorses.proboards.com)

IeshaLover
01-17-2015, 04:12 PM
I'm staying! Im not really known on here, so it doesn't make much difference, but I like it here. I have improved my customs a lot due to the help of all you wonderful, awesome Blabbers, and I value your advice and knowledge, and of course friendship, far too much to get rid of it! I did join Only Model Horses as well, just because I noticed there is some cool stuff on there that I havent seen on here. I'm didn't join it to compete with Blab, but because more model horsey anything is better!

Glad to see there are still a lot of people staying!

shadow's storm
01-17-2015, 04:14 PM
On both two. Not sure that I will renew blab, but time will tell. I would hate to lose such a wealth of hobby info and good people :)

Eviejean
01-17-2015, 04:14 PM
Been invited to go to the new forum and invites accepted; i am therefor a part of both, now. :) After all, it was time for me to open myself up to something new! AND my silly hubby's a part of FOUR FORUMS!!! :randommil So why can't i?? :lol

I am not going anywhere. I like it here. yer all stuck w/ me.
what other forum are ya'll talkin about?
more is good.

(snip) & (bolded by me)
:dunno I dunno Kitty
I haven't heard about it... based on Beethovens7th post, by invite only?

VWK'sanEasyGoer
01-17-2015, 04:22 PM
(snip) & (bolded by me)

Post #22 has the link to Only Model Horses and it is free and also does not require any invite. Just your own initiative. :)

I am staying of course. I am very sad about people leaving but I understand the reasons why and I totally respect their decision. Free choice is very important. I'm checking out the other forum BUT since I have started Blabbing I have found it to be INCREDIBLE for me. I so love the hobby and had no one to share in it with for the longest time (like my whole life) so this is great. It's fun here, cool people and cool stuff to talk about. I get on here almost every day if I can. So glad that people are staying and also glad to see others on the other forum too. But Blab is the best for me still. :)

Lupineleigh
01-17-2015, 04:22 PM
I'll have to check out OMH. I'm already familiar with Proboards. (I'm on a cairn terrier forum, a Disney duck forum, an rp forum, Blab, Tumblr, Facebook, an art website that is way too annoying to use every day, and something else that I'm sure I'm forgetting.)

Eviejean
01-17-2015, 04:30 PM
Post #22 has the link to Only Model Horses and it is free and also does not require any invite. Just your own initiative. :)

I am staying of course. I am very sad about people leaving but I understand the reasons why and I totally respect their decision. Free choice is very important. I'm checking out the other forum BUT since I have started Blabbing I have found it to be INCREDIBLE for me. I so love the hobby and had no one to share in it with for the longest time (like my whole life) so this is great. It's fun here, cool people and cool stuff to talk about. I get on here almost every day if I can. So glad that people are staying and also glad to see others on the other forum too. But Blab is the best for me still. :)
Thanks Victoria!
Just got some other information about it too with a link! :thumbsup

BaitandSwitch
01-17-2015, 07:21 PM
I'm leaving and totally understand why so many others are, too. Why pad the pocket of someone when you can have a better experience elsewhere for free? We will all be over on the new forum and Facebook groups should you need us ;)

PineRidgeStables
01-17-2015, 07:58 PM
I'm going to sign up for the other forum later tonight, but I'm staying as well - for a little while longer, at least. My sub expires in March, so I think I'll stick around for the time being and see how I feel when the time comes.

Shaheen
01-17-2015, 09:19 PM
I'm still here, too. I'm also on the other one, but I think I have room for both. :)

This is where I'm at right now too. And still mulling things over. I have a lot of friends here, and the tack room forum is something I enjoy. Char is still here, so I'm not alone in the tack forum at least. And Miss Susan posted there today. :D Maybe others will be back. :crossfingers

Brenda
01-17-2015, 09:31 PM
Well said Brenda :thumbsup Im staying, for now, but like I said before in other threads, Im not renewing my sub.

Thank you :D

Beethovens7th
01-17-2015, 09:33 PM
(snip) & (bolded by me)

No, it isn't by invite only. A Krapton of my friends either left Blab and went over there or some have just gone over and are a part of both Blab and OMH. i am a part of both because i don't ant to lose track of any of my friends. :) That being said, i have no dog in the fight (of those upset and are leaving Blab). :)

Brenda
01-17-2015, 09:36 PM
No, it isn't by invite only. A Krapton of my friends either left Blab and went over there or some have just gone over and are a part of both Blab and OMH. i am a part of both because i don't ant to lose track of any of my friends. :) That being said, i have no dog in the fight (of those upset and are leaving Blab). :)

That's how i feel, too. I support the people most affected by the issues going on and understand why they're leaving, but none of it personally has affected me. I like Blab and OMH and I will be a part of both...I hope. :D

KayQue
01-17-2015, 10:02 PM
I have got some negative feedback about this thread as being an " up yours". I just want to say that is not what I mean it as. I am just so completely saddened by everyone leaving ( though I understand and respect thier decisions) I was just posting this trying to be positive as all I have seen is " I am leaving notes" :( sorry if I offended anyone. It was definitely not intentional. I love this community and I am not handling the departures well :(

Beethovens7th
01-17-2015, 10:33 PM
That's how i feel, too. I support the people most affected by the issues going on and understand why they're leaving, but none of it personally has affected me. I like Blab and OMH and I will be a part of both...I hope. :D

You shouldn't have any trouble being a part of both, you Sweet thing! :hugg

idyourbreyer
01-17-2015, 11:09 PM
MOAR CAT THREADS!! :D

Yes please! :kittytails

And I ain't going anywhere either, and my paid sub stays right where it is. As others have said, I don't have dog in this fight. I do hope the hurt feelings are remedied, however.

I know Mary doesn't like us to discuss other forums by name, so I'll just ask if this is the smaller forum that has been in existence for quite a while? I have nothing at all against that one, but I always felt I got better news and info here. EDIT: Ok, I know what's going on now. Never mind. :dohdoh

Janice

Miss Susan
01-17-2015, 11:56 PM
I have got some negative feedback about this thread as being an " up yours". I just want to say that is not what I mean it as. I am just so completely saddened by everyone leaving ( though I understand and respect thier decisions) I was just posting this trying to be positive as all I have seen is " I am leaving notes" :( sorry if I offended anyone. It was definitely not intentional. I love this community and I am not handling the departures well :(

That's sad. I didn't see this thread like that at all. I saw/see it as a positive thread. Something happy amongst all this sadness. I also read the subject as being a bit playful. :dunno

I'm sorry though. :hugg I hope no one was mean. :hugg

onekindacowboy
01-18-2015, 12:02 AM
I am sticking around here and have joined the new one as well. I have never been one to be bothered by by cliques or perceived cliques. I have however been piled upon in certain real horse threads on this board so I understand how feelings can get hurt.
I feel it is an unfortunate instance of not being able to know exactly what the poster means because keyboards don't have inflections, expressions and voice modulations.

Truson
01-18-2015, 12:03 AM
I am trying out both as well. :)

Same here. For now. I shall see how things play out.

KayQue
01-18-2015, 12:04 AM
Nope she was not mean. After I explained myself she understood. I am not the best with words somedays ... Especially after my teething baby decided to party all night ..* yawn

NJHeart2Heart
01-18-2015, 12:15 AM

:yeahthat I am glad to have found the defectors on the other board, since I really do enjoy their contributions to the community!

SpaceyChihuahua
01-18-2015, 01:03 AM
I just joined the new forum, but plan to stay active here as well. I've never had a paid subscription before and I've really enjoyed the content available so I guess I don't really have any reason to quit. :)

IeshaLover
01-18-2015, 01:16 AM
I'm having trouble keeping up with both forums...I still stay on here more :lol It's so time consuming to check both every night! I don't want to miss out on anything though and just forget about those who switched/left.

Maybe be one at night and one in the morning! :toothy

artocyn
01-18-2015, 01:36 AM
I'm staying. I've been here since before the first round of membership exodus. Staying or leaving is a personal choice, and I am saddened to see so much knowledge and personality leaving. I hope that those who chose to leave find happiness fulfillment, and community in another way and another place.

timberwolf
01-18-2015, 08:01 AM
Well as usual I missed it all. I had no idea people were leaving until I saw this thread. I have just applied to join the other forum. I will stay here too as I love BLAB. I don't get to post much with my shifts but I still check in and read every week.

Teachinmama
01-18-2015, 08:56 AM
I've been on OMH since August and I plan to remain here as well. There's always room for more - don't forget, Fallen Leaves has been out there for a long time, too.

sharonl
01-18-2015, 09:18 AM

Me too. As far as I'm concerned, one can never be a part of TOO MANY model horse forums! :yes :grouphug

horsefreak
01-18-2015, 10:39 AM
Me too. As far as I'm concerned, one can never be a part of TOO MANY model horse forums! :yes :grouphug

Swale
01-18-2015, 11:29 AM
I'm still here, too! :)

Not participating in any drama. I don't have time for it.

VWK'sanEasyGoer
01-18-2015, 11:33 AM

Yeah! I don't have lots of time to do both so I will just split it up as much as I can.

Brenda
01-18-2015, 12:06 PM

You know what, though? People are startimg threads saying they're leaving and that's acceptable by others. I happen to think those are silly, but I keep that to myself . Why can't we announce if we're staying? I don't get it.

Brenda
01-18-2015, 12:07 PM
You shouldn't have any trouble being a part of both, you Sweet thing! :hugg

Thank you, Shannon :hugg

Brenda
01-18-2015, 12:12 PM

:agreed :grouphug

All I want is to talk about plastic ponies and be with friends. whether that's here or there or both, it doesn't matter.

enaray
01-18-2015, 01:25 PM
I plan to stay indefinitely, too! Mostly I lurk and learn and have had such a good experience with doing that! Also, I have found Mary to be helpful, considerate and full of common sense, so I have a hard time understanding why so many people are having such a problem with her. People must do what they think is best, and others must respect their decisions, and for me the best is to enjoy as much model horse stuff as possible.

breyerlover
01-18-2015, 01:49 PM
I'm sticking around. I'm still new on here, but I love all you blabbers! :grouphug I will not be paying for a subscription however. Anyway, here is to hoping things work out and things can go back to how they were when I joined! ;)

Crywild
01-18-2015, 02:57 PM
I will remain a paying member here and participate in Only Model Horses so I can keep up with everyone I know in the hobby. I can easily play around and learn in both.

sillysally
01-19-2015, 06:36 PM
I'm staying, and I'm keeping a paid subscription. I enjoy Blab and don't see a good reason for me to leave. I might join the other board, but I'm not sure how much time I'll have for both. Honestly, I belong to a dog forum who has had some pretty nasty drama go on from time to time, and nothing I've seen on here so far has come close to what went on there. If I can roll with the punches there, I can do it here :)

NoLineFarm
01-19-2015, 06:50 PM
I am here too and don't plan on leaving.

Brenda
01-19-2015, 07:20 PM
Something I like so much about Blab that the other place doesn't have and sounds like it might not, is the availability of off-topic threads. I like that OMH is all about the models, but I can't go there and share about :cat that is sleeping in a litter box in my room.

NoLineFarm
01-19-2015, 08:05 PM
I haven't been over there yet. I felt a little left out not even knowing about it. But then I am a little fish in a big sea. And i'm not a big fan of change. My computer is set up to come to my favorite threads here etc. and it is comfortable like favorite jeans. I like it here. JMHO

horsefreak
01-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Something I like so much about Blab that the other place doesn't have and sounds like it might not, is the availability of off-topic threads. I like that OMH is all about the models, but I can't go there and share about :cat that is sleeping in a litter box in my room.

:lol Your kitty is sleeping in the litter box? That’s awesome! Anywho, there’s an OT section over there. You have to PM a mod get access. Oh, and there’s a kitty thread. :)

Mary
01-19-2015, 10:21 PM
Just a note that I'm catching up with threads since last Thursday - was traveling over the weekend. :)

Delighted so many great members love their Blab community so much! This year 2015 will be fun and worthwhile, and welcoming - as always.

Your membership is greatly appreciated and I've so enjoyed your participation. Looking forward to seeing y'all posting on Blab!

:hugg :woohoo

Raiha
01-20-2015, 12:53 AM
I'm so completely out of the loop and haven't had the time to read thread thoroughly so I had no idea anything was going on. I'll be staying here indefinately.

Eviejean
01-20-2015, 06:50 PM

Yeah! I don't have lots of time to do both so I will just split it up as much as I can.
:agreed with both of these comments

As a relative newer member to the hobby I believe, IMHO, there are so many good, educational threads on Blab that I haven't yet tapped...
But on the other hand, I don't want to miss out on the NEW threads in a new forum, that those old Blab members may be writing!

It will be difficult straddling two (or more) model horse forums but I want to/need to learn as much as I can!

Irene
01-20-2015, 08:33 PM
I let my sub expire back in May of 2014. Since my hospitalization back at the end of April 2014 I can't see (nor afford) anything extra so to speak. Plus I'm so out of the hobby it's not even funny and my poor models have more dust bunnies than I've ever seen (poor babies).

Seems the passion for this hobby has left me high and dry. So once in a great while I'll pop over here to see what's going on.

tielz
01-21-2015, 02:57 PM
I let my sub expire back in May of 2014. Since my hospitalization back at the end of April 2014 I can't see (nor afford) anything extra so to speak. Plus I'm so out of the hobby it's not even funny and my poor models have more dust bunnies than I've ever seen (poor babies).

Seems the passion for this hobby has left me high and dry. So once in a great while I'll pop over here to see what's going on.

I hope you are feeling better. This is the first year that I have renewed my sub in a few years. I stuck mostly to the OF thread over that time period. The catching up can be fun when you have been lying low for a bit. :)

Irene
01-21-2015, 03:43 PM
Thanks Tielz so much :-) It's been extremely slow going but I'm getting there (keeps fingers crossed) Now if only I can get my blood thinning medications on an even keel...I would be most happy <G>

tory8009
01-21-2015, 07:53 PM
Irene, I'm so happy to hear your doing OK. Good to hear from you. (o;

Irene
01-21-2015, 09:26 PM
Irene, I'm so happy to hear your doing OK. Good to hear from you. (o;

Thank you so much tory :-) I'm starting to feel 1/2 way human again after all these months :-)

Nightmare
01-23-2015, 06:34 AM
Been lurking most of this past year due to intensely personal private and medical problems but I am still here and I will still be here.

As for those who want to/need to take their toys and go somewhere else I'm always surprised those folks feel the need to broadcast such.

juliacodeman
01-23-2015, 07:11 AM

Seems the passion for this hobby has left me high and dry. So once in a great while I'll pop over here to see what's going on.. Hi! I am a long time collector but newer Blabber, if you do not mind me asking, what has been ailing you? Is there anything Blabbers can do to help?

JulieB
01-23-2015, 10:59 AM
Good to see you, Sherrill.

Nightmare
01-24-2015, 05:25 PM
Good to see you, Sherrill.

:hey Hey, Julie, thanks :hugg

Irene
01-25-2015, 02:24 PM
. Hi! I am a long time collector but newer Blabber, if you do not mind me asking, what has been ailing you? Is there anything Blabbers can do to help?

Thank you for asking and wanting to help :-)

Back towards the end of April 2014 I was rushed to the hospital where in the emergency room I was diagnosed with both lungs filled with blood clots (lots of small ones and 1 large one in each lung). The emergency room physician told my husband I was about 30 minutes from dying.

So off to surgery I went to have a wire mesh filter inserted to hopefully prevent any potential future blood clots from travelling along with having the strongest blood thinner possible pumped directly into the larger clots.

4 days in Intensive Care....tons of tests....along with having so much blood drawn (every 6 hours) I was surprised I wasn't looking like a dried up prune <LOL>

Since then my future is taking and trying to find the correct dosage of blood thinner medications...keep praying I don't develop a brain bleed associated with the blood thinning medications and to keep from falling and hitting my head.

When all this happened I had called my dearest and closest friend Ann and she posted on here what was going on with me. An I still can't thank all the Blabbers who supported, prayed and wished me the best (they always have when I'm down when something in my life pops up)

Irene
01-25-2015, 02:25 PM
Been lurking most of this past year due to intensely personal private and medical problems but I am still here and I will still be here.

As for those who want to/need to take their toys and go somewhere else I'm always surprised those folks feel the need to broadcast such.

So happy to see you're staying Sherrill :-)

PixelPerfectStables
01-25-2015, 02:44 PM
I am staying here, but will not renew my sub...I mostly use the OFP and Arena forums anyway. I like the new place. I love the opportunity for an increased amount of pony discussion! :popcorn

Miss Susan
01-25-2015, 02:50 PM
I'm still here (for what it's worth). I've checked out OMH but can't seem to warm up to it. :dunno Seems lacking something. Kind of flat and stilted. I can't put my finger on it :dunno But I miss so many Blabbers. :sad I just wish this whole thing never happened. :sad

BeccaG
01-25-2015, 03:01 PM
It's sad so many left. I just joined OMH but I am not leaving Blab! Love you all :adore

BayMagic
01-25-2015, 06:22 PM
All this leaving is so sad.. For what it's worth, I'm staying, and I'm also continuing to pay my $1.80 a month for my sub. I just can't justify not doing it. I don't post much and I'm not really a known member or anything, but I enjoy it here. It sucks that these issues have come about, but Blab is such a warm place because of the members. The post above where juliacodeman asks Irene of there's anything Blabbers can do to help her is a beautiful illustration of the warmth and love most everyone in this place has for one another.

Truson
01-25-2015, 07:45 PM
I'm still here (for what it's worth). I've checked out OMH but can't seem to warm up to it. :dunno Seems lacking something. Kind of flat and stilted. I can't put my finger on it :dunno But I miss so many Blabbers. :sad I just wish this whole thing never happened. :sad

As the past owner of a board, I would say that lack of graphics may have something to do with that. People sometimes need a "face" to see for a board to work for them. A new board has to have time to develop a flavor and personality all its own, however...mine was the same way. I have also come to have an understanding of what the experience was like for those jumping off the old Mother Ship that I could not have as a list owner and webmistress. A site owner/web designer naturally loves the house that they built, but whether or not other people like their "room layout" is something only time can tell.

Truson
01-25-2015, 07:47 PM
All this leaving is so sad.. For what it's worth, I'm staying, and I'm also continuing to pay my $1.80 a month for my sub. I just can't justify not doing it. I don't post much and I'm not really a known member or anything, but I enjoy it here. It sucks that these issues have come about, but Blab is such a warm place because of the members. The post above where juliacodeman asks Irene of there's anything Blabbers can do to help her is a beautiful illustration of the warmth and love most everyone in this place has for one another.

I know you by your avatar, BayMagic!

Duke
01-25-2015, 11:45 PM
I am so sad to see so many people leave:tantrum but I love Blab and am staying. I have learned so much, met so many wonderful people, I love it! I have joined the other forum too but like someone else said it's a little "flat", can't put my finger on it either. And slow for me to load, Blab is fast. Plus I don't have time to do facebook so when I can get on Blab and "see" everyone, it's great to have everything in one place. I look forward to reading Blab, and a person can spend hours doing so. I don't post anything for sale (but I should!) so didn't know that there were any problems. I'm definitely staying longterm and appreciate what Mary and the other mods, etc. have done for us.

AMG
01-26-2015, 02:26 PM
I'm getting the same vibe from the other forum that I got from Blab in its early days; not that I was unwelcome, but I did not feel comfortable there. A difference in outlook, I guess, from some of the more active members there?

I've had my issues and disappointments here, but a lot of that I attribute to the nature of the Internet, and the hobby in general.

Same kinds of people? Same kinds of dramas will turn up, eventually.

Irene
01-28-2015, 11:36 PM
I just wanted to give a shout out to everyone that has messaged me since I've posted (in I don't know how long)....

Thank you all so much because since then I've got a bit more *enthusiasm* for my models again <LOL> So yesterday afternoon I went ahead and did something I thought I'd never do in my whole life....a total deletion of my model horse photo files and taking the time to pick out the best photos...re-scanning/re-sizing and uploading them for the 2015 photo show season :-)

I'm even getting the itch again to take some new photos...but...I'm a bit leery since my model horse/computer room has been moved upstairs which means I've got to move everything I need for taking photos outside an I'm not very confident trying to get down all those backstairs.

But hopefully I'll figure out something and get back to snapping away <G>

VWK'sanEasyGoer
01-28-2015, 11:47 PM
Glad you are on the up side of your health problems now Irene. I hope you continue to be there. :hugg I had some severe blood clots in 2001 (brain not lung) and it took a long time but I made an almost full recovery but I was on thinners and went through all that balancing act for years. Just have to focus on the future and it is bright.

Regarding the other forum it feels pretty new and like watching a new TV show it takes a few episodes to smooth everything out. It seems pretty nice but I have been so swamped this month I really have not had the chance to get over there barely. And when I'm there it takes longer to find anything because it's new. This is very familiar. I can pop in here and cruise around in just a couple of minutes and then get back to work without too much time gobbled. :toothy

Beethovens7th
01-29-2015, 05:13 PM
i haven't been on either that much this week...:uh

farmer3
01-31-2015, 09:15 AM
Life got in the way for a couple of months, so I have been doing more lurking than blabbing. I love Blab and I am here to stay. Blabbers are the best!!!

Miss Susan
01-31-2015, 11:46 AM
Glad you are on the up side of your health problems now Irene. I hope you continue to be there. :hugg I had some severe blood clots in 2001 (brain not lung) and it took a long time but I made an almost full recovery but I was on thinners and went through all that balancing act for years. Just have to focus on the future and it is bright.

Regarding the other forum it feels pretty new and like watching a new TV show it takes a few episodes to smooth everything out. It seems pretty nice but I have been so swamped this month I really have not had the chance to get over there barely. And when I'm there it takes longer to find anything because it's new. This is very familiar. I can pop in here and cruise around in just a couple of minutes and then get back to work without too much time gobbled. :toothy

I think the TV show is a good analogy (especially because I watch it now). I don't like change and fight it. A few months back, my local news got an enterly new news team. I hated them. I wouldn't watch the news. :lol Now I do watch the news although not as often.

Anyway, I'm facing huge changes in my life and I like/ need the stability and ease of Blab. Plus, the hobby is taking a backseat now. :)

IeshaLover
01-31-2015, 12:22 PM
As mentioned somewhere before in this thread, I'm getting a very unwelcome feeling from the other forum. There is a *lot* more drama there, and it seems there are a lot of one kind of people. If that makes any sense. I feel myself dreading every time I have to get on the other forum, and happy to get back to Blab. I sort of wish I never bothered with the other in the first place.

Here, you can have an opinion. There, you get with their program or you get out - in my experience. I really wanted to like it over there, and one bad experience with mean people - have soured me from it for good.

I am happy to have Blab, and will be staying as long as it is here. :adore:adore:adore

Krazee4Breyers
01-31-2015, 12:42 PM
As mentioned somewhere before in this thread, I'm getting a very unwelcome feeling from the other forum. There is a *lot* more drama there, and it seems there are a lot of one kind of people. If that makes any sense. I feel myself dreading every time I have to get on the other forum, and happy to get back to Blab. I sort of wish I never bothered with the other in the first place.

Here, you can have an opinion. There, you get with their program or you get out - in my experience. I really wanted to like it over there, and one bad experience with mean people - have soured me from it for good.

I am happy to have Blab, and will be staying as long as it is here. :adore:adore:adore

Which forum is this?

VAFLindsay
01-31-2015, 02:29 PM

So....where specifically are you seeing drama on OMH? What threads?

tannutuva
01-31-2015, 02:41 PM
I missed the aforementioned drama and info on a new board, have wondered why there are less posts in some Blab forums, but am planning to keep my ongoing Blab subscription. In general, the info on new molds and art materials/methods more than justify the cost comparable to a modest print magazine. Not every topic suits, and I'm of a certain age, but Blab has been an overall big thumbs up.

IeshaLover
01-31-2015, 04:05 PM
So....where specifically are you seeing drama on OMH? What threads?

A lot in various threads regarding opinions, usually anything to do with money. I had a differing opinion and thought telling people to STFU was rude, so I mentioned that was rude and left. Im not putting that forum down, but I haven't had any great experience over there, only a bad one. What is it someone said to me...if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen? Yeah, you can keep all your heat to yourself, and I'll stay out of your kitchen... :) I have participated in some great threads over there and highly admire some people over there as well. I feel more comfortable here though.

With Blab, it's more like OUR kitchen. Why would I care to be a part of something where people then talk about me behind my back and make fun of me for being stupid and 18, just because I have a different opinion?

So, let me rephrase that. It is a great forum, beautiful, easy set up, but I don't feel it is for me.

AMG
01-31-2015, 04:08 PM
I wouldn't say so much it is the drama, as it is the tone that I find a little off-putting.

It's like walking into a room at the hotel at BreyerFest where the current residents are having an very involved conversation, and you happen to know some of the participants and the subject matter, but you get the feeling that participating yourself would be awkward and possibly unwelcome.

Some of the same crowd that was on Blab in the early days also seems to be very active over there, and that crowd was/is not my crowd. There's a little hint of passive-aggressiveness there, too, that makes me arch my eyebrows occasionally.

Really, there's no need to be defensive of your choice of forum.

IeshaLover
01-31-2015, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't say so much it is the drama, as it is the tone that I find a little off-putting.

It's like walking into a room at the hotel at BreyerFest where the current residents are having an very involved conversation, and you happen to know some of the participants and the subject matter, but you get the feeling that participating yourself would be awkward and possibly unwelcome.

Some of the same crowd that was on Blab in the early days also seems to be very active over there, and that crowd was/is not my crowd. There's a little hint of passive-aggressiveness there, too, that makes me arch my eyebrows occasionally.

Really, there's no need to be defensive of your choice of forum.

:yeahthat I'm not trying to put down the other forum, and it really can be a neat place. I'm not trying to offend anyone, or cause drama/crazyness over here.

muggyscugglemeyer
01-31-2015, 04:59 PM
There's a little hint of passive-aggressiveness there, too, that makes me arch my eyebrows occasionally.

Oh, the irony....

muggyscugglemeyer
01-31-2015, 05:08 PM
To be frank, though, I see nothing productive in airing dislikes about another model horse forum here on Blab. Pretty sure there's a rule about discussing other forums....

If something has turned someone off about the new forum, coming to Blab to discuss the grievances/slights/tone/etc is pretty much like talking about other people behind their backs. If you don't like the other forum for whatever reason, fine. But let's not go telling tales out of school.

Miss Susan
01-31-2015, 06:58 PM
That is a good point you bring up. I hope I didn't come across like that. It surely wasn't my intent. I only meant to express one of the reasons I'm still here. :) But I doubt my thoughts/ words are behind anyone's back because I suspect we have a lot of lurkers. :lol

But yesssss, I'm here and here I shall stay until I'm asked/ forced/ paid to leave or until I no longer care. :toothy

IeshaLover
01-31-2015, 07:19 PM
Opps! I just found an earlier post with the rules of Blab, my bad! This is a thread of staying on Blab, and that is why I will not be leaving Blab anytime in the foreseeable future. Blab is a wonderful place!

Beethovens7th
01-31-2015, 08:04 PM
To be frank, though, I see nothing productive in airing dislikes about another model horse forum here on Blab. Pretty sure there's a rule about discussing other forums....

If something has turned someone off about the new forum, coming to Blab to discuss the grievances/slights/tone/etc is pretty much like talking about other people behind their backs. If you don't like the other forum for whatever reason, fine. But let's not go telling tales out of school.

:hugg
Muggy, you're awesome for what it's worth. :yes

Sweet Defense
01-31-2015, 09:41 PM
I'd think there's room for both forums. I plan on being on both....

KayQue
01-31-2015, 09:46 PM
I plan to be on both as well. I am not leaving here, but I also enjoy the other forum.

Mary
02-01-2015, 12:21 PM

Yeah this, thanks muggy! :rays

The Snow Leopard
02-08-2015, 12:54 AM
I never knew that there was another forum... Well, I like it here, and I don't plan to leave. People are mature here, and I like how there are no annoying adds popping up all over your screen here, unlike many other forums. I also love it how I can change Blab's color on my computer to hot pink!

Night Elf
02-08-2015, 06:02 AM
I just wish this whole thing never happened. :sad

Me, too. The change is upsetting for sure. But what's done is done, so I plan to frequent both forums now. I don't feel the two need to be mutually exclusive. The silver lining for me is that the Proboards forums are not blocked at work since they don't have a chat feature. So now I can have multiple doses of hobby goodness throughout the day.:clap

horsefreak
04-09-2015, 10:17 PM
Im staying, for now, but like I said before in other threads, Im not renewing my sub.

WellI caved and renewed my sub :hide I missed having access to all the forums. And I wanted an avatar :lol

VWK'sanEasyGoer
04-10-2015, 01:40 PM
WellI caved and renewed my sub :hide I missed having access to all the forums. And I wanted an avatar :lol

I like your Avatar too :)

horsefreak
04-10-2015, 02:43 PM
I like your Avatar too :)

Thank you! And April (Stitch) for creating it :)