PDA

View Full Version : It happened again.... UPS this time - not Breyer.

Landshark
02-14-2015, 11:33 PM
Okay so last time it was Breyer that held up my shipment of Chamonix. I finally got my Chamonix after months of waiting and he is wonderful!

http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?163452-Breyer-where-is-Chamonix

This time is is UPS! I have been waiting forever for them to ship my my Solar and my Two Bits! Unbelievable!!!!!!

I get an email saying Solar is being shipped - yippee! Then I get an email saying due to bad weather the shipment will be delayed. I look outside and it is sunny. I live in MA. He is coming from NJ. There are no storms between here and there. Next day, still delayed due to weather. No word on Two Bits. Okay so I change the delivery location for Solar thinking let me just pick him up at UPS. No problem. I call to see if I can get him and they say it will take a day for the package to be switched to the UPS store. Okay. Next day I check on line and no way to find the package! I get on chat and they cannot find it! No one knows where the package is. And still no Two Bits. I had paid for him two weeks ago. That package is listed but has not been shipped yet so I can't track it. Finally Two Bits gets shipped. UPS web site does not allow me to change delivery location! I am pissed now. I have one package MIA and one I cannot switch delivery locations all of a sudden. It is also not delivered anywhere due to weather but our weather was still okay!

So as of now, I have one package still out there somewhere in a blizzard with Solar(?), I think and maybe Two Bits(?) has been delivered to my work.... they never held either package at UPS as I requested they do... what a pain!!! What is the point!? I cannot find either package on their site even tho they are listed.... Talk about stressful!!! Anyone else???

Truson
02-14-2015, 11:46 PM
Breyer chooses UPS, time to make some noise at them. For what they charge for shipping this is just wrong.

kobold
02-15-2015, 10:55 AM
FEDEX is just about as bad. Changed my package to nearest store because it needed to be signed for, had an auto call that it was there. Went to pick it up-40 miles round trip!!! and it wasn't there! It was stuck in Chicago-WTF! I actually called the next day to have them check, it was there but beat up. Great, fragile Hagen in beat up box, just what I want to drive 40 miles a second time to pick up. Unwrapped it there at the store and was OK but gaccckkk! Glad I'm on high blood pressure meds or i would have had a stroke over the whole thing.......

Alicia Strayer-Mangan

Susan B
02-15-2015, 10:57 AM
Oh Erin. :hugg This will most likely all shake out okay in the end but oh my gosh the stress. :( Hang in there and please keep us posted.

Susan B
02-15-2015, 11:01 AM
FEDEX is just about as bad. Changed my package to nearest store because it needed to be signed for, had an auto call that it was there. Went to pick it up-40 miles round trip!!! and it wasn't there! It was stuck in Chicago-WTF! I actually called the next day to have them check, it was there but beat up. Great, fragile Hagen in beat up box, just what I want to drive 40 miles a second time to pick up. Unwrapped it there at the store and was OK but gaccckkk! Glad I'm on high blood pressure meds or i would have had a stroke over the whole thing.......

Alicia Strayer-Mangan

Had a similar problem with Fedex and now avoid it like the plague. :grump

juliacodeman
02-15-2015, 11:52 AM
Yes I live in Ma too and had two packages delayed. When I finally stalked the UPS guy-yes I actually ran up to him in a parking lot and another time pulled him over on a main road in my car-he knows now I am crazy...he explained this to me: Whenever there is a storm: " I had 180 deliveries today and because of the weather I only got to 30 houses today."..so I kept that in mind as Two Bits was delayed...and I did just what you did Landshark and re-routed him to the UPS store...he still was delayed but I am fairly sure he got there faster than if I had waited for the driver to catch up with his route, it is easier for them to dump piles of packages at one stop so I guess if you can get out, and the UPS store is convenient for you to get to, ship anything from Breyer there and it might arrive faster-at least during these winter months...that is what I plan to do from now on.

Landshark
02-15-2015, 12:07 PM
Yes I live in Ma too and had two packages delayed. When I finally stalked the UPS guy-yes I actually ran up to him in a parking lot and another time pulled him over on a main road in my car-he knows now I am crazy...he explained this to me: Whenever there is a storm: " I had 180 deliveries today and because of the weather I only got to 30 houses today."..so I kept that in mind as Two Bits was delayed...and I did just what you did Landshark and re-routed him to the UPS store...he still was delayed but I am fairly sure he got there faster than if I had waited for the driver to catch up with his route, it is easier for them to dump piles of packages at one stop so I guess if you can get out, and the UPS store is convenient for you to get to, ship anything from Breyer there and it might arrive faster-at least during these winter months...that is what I plan to do from now on.

It just sucks because I DID reroute one of the packages to a UPS store and then they like rerouted the package back onto the truck or something! I never had that happen! It showed the package going to the store and then BAM - it suddenly was on a truck to me. And now I have no idea where the package is at all! Usually the packages take one day from NJ to MA and now it's been like 2 weeks! And due to bad weather when there wasn't any on the days they said they had the package in transit! I just don't get it. And UPS was NOT nice on the chat or on the phone! Now today we just finished up another blizzard. My poor pony is sitting (I guess) on a UPS truck in the freezing cold probably near my house.... just annoying! And what did I pay for that shipping???? GRRRR

juliacodeman
02-15-2015, 12:35 PM
Yeah I hear you Grrr for 17.50 you should have the pony overnight, really...That is so frustrating! And no, we shouldnt have to pay 17.50 and STILL have to go pick them up somewhere,either....just sayin..

juliacodeman
02-15-2015, 12:40 PM
That is annoying too that they screwed up the re-routing. I also found that if you try to re-route again it charges you five dollars....like come onnnnn! :thumbsdown

Sweet Defense
02-15-2015, 02:13 PM
How do you reroute to the store? I keep missing my dog's meds because UPS doesn't ring the doorbell or we're not home. Would be great to reroute to the store. Thanks and I hope you get your horses ASAP.

Landshark
02-17-2015, 09:25 PM
Okay. So my Two Bits arrived to me BEFORE Solar who was sent out to me FIRST. Go figure?! :dunno

I did get an email from UPS that Solar is back at the rerouted store after all now waiting to be picked up. So he was rerouted and then rerouted! I will go get him tomorrow and hope for the best. Yep, $17.50 for 2 weeks of chasing him around a 20 minute area through a storm and a blizzard.

Beatha, I somehow belong to My Choice UPS, I have a free membership. You can also pay for a higher membership. I can track my packages or have them rerouted to a UPS store to pick them up. I have done this before and NEVER had a problem until now w I guess the weather...Usually the tracking is really good but this time something fell through the cracks... the web site is a bit hard to follow, I think but once you get the hang of it it's usually very helpful in tracking packages.

juliacodeman
02-18-2015, 07:15 AM
OMG I have a really embarrassing UPS story. So I ordered Nobel II from another blabber here, and she UPS next day air'd him which was really really nice by the way!

And so I knew he was coming yesterday. I belong to 'my choice' and so I didn't realize she was sending him UPS until I got a shipping notice from them... so I didn't get the chance to have him sent to the store.

So we get another four-six inches on top of the five feet or more (I lost count) of snow yesterday, and off I went to work, looking out the window at my office and realizing "oh crud, he isn't coming today.."

I have a very very long driveway and if I am not home to snowblow then the UPS guy will not be able to get down the driveway. So the 'my choice' app texts me to say, he is coming at 10:30 am. But then every time I look there's no "Your package was delivered" notice. So I figure-yup, the snow, not happening-he looked down the driveway and was like-forget it. Right?

So I get home at 5:30. Randomly now and then I popped my head out the front door, just on the hopes...and one of the times I popped my head out I randomly yelled to the sky... "WHERE IS MY PACKAGE!!!!"....Yeah you all know what's coming.

The damn UPS guy is standing there in the driveway with a great big box in a plastic bag, trudging up my driveway through the snow.

OH, man. I am an a#$. hahaha... :dohBut then I grabbed the box and ran away... :grabby and then I did this: :bananadance

My UPS guy knows I am crazy. I need to find some type of gift for him, he sure puts up with a lot for my crack-like horse habit.

Landshark
02-19-2015, 12:58 PM
Hey at least your UPS guy makes the effort! Mine can't even drive to the UPS store and the package just stays on the truck for days!

Wish me luck.... I am going to venture out to see if my second package (really was my first package but whatever) is at the UPS store... it is snowing now...

juliacodeman
02-19-2015, 01:19 PM
Good luck!!! I hope you find Solar safe and sound!

tielz
02-20-2015, 12:24 PM
OMG I have a really embarrassing UPS story. So I ordered Nobel II from another blabber here, and she UPS next day air'd him which was really really nice by the way!

And so I knew he was coming yesterday. I belong to 'my choice' and so I didn't realize she was sending him UPS until I got a shipping notice from them... so I didn't get the chance to have him sent to the store.

So we get another four-six inches on top of the five feet or more (I lost count) of snow yesterday, and off I went to work, looking out the window at my office and realizing "oh crud, he isn't coming today.."

I have a very very long driveway and if I am not home to snowblow then the UPS guy will not be able to get down the driveway. So the 'my choice' app texts me to say, he is coming at 10:30 am. But then every time I look there's no "Your package was delivered" notice. So I figure-yup, the snow, not happening-he looked down the driveway and was like-forget it. Right?

So I get home at 5:30. Randomly now and then I popped my head out the front door, just on the hopes...and one of the times I popped my head out I randomly yelled to the sky... "WHERE IS MY PACKAGE!!!!"....Yeah you all know what's coming.

The damn UPS guy is standing there in the driveway with a great big box in a plastic bag, trudging up my driveway through the snow.

OH, man. I am an a#$. hahaha... :dohBut then I grabbed the box and ran away... :grabby and then I did this: :bananadance

My UPS guy knows I am crazy. I need to find some type of gift for him, he sure puts up with a lot for my crack-like horse habit.

:roflmao
That would have been me.
Yep, this habit is like crack.......

Landshark
02-20-2015, 01:13 PM
I FINALLY got my SOLAR! :woohoo
Took weeks but he is MINE! He is not in perfect condition... not due to the mail tho... but he will do. He has some over spray. I do like him very much tho and am grateful that UPS took such good care. The box was loaded with stickers from UPS explaining his journey and to be careful.... at least they tried. Now I am just waiting on some models from Breyer... a couple were back ordered... does that really mean they won't ship any of them?? Here we go again, Breyer! sigh.

kobold
02-20-2015, 03:38 PM
:clap So glad your Solar finally made it! I kept checking in to see!:dancingsnomen

LadyPhaseCrazy
02-20-2015, 07:20 PM
:woot

Landshark
02-20-2015, 11:48 PM
You guys are so great! Thanks!!! :)

juliacodeman
02-21-2015, 08:31 PM
I am so glad he made it! Do you have pics? :bluesmile

Landshark
02-21-2015, 11:19 PM
I am so glad he made it! Do you have pics? :bluesmile

Of Solar? Two Bits? Or Chamonix? :lol I can take some tomorrow!

juliacodeman
02-22-2015, 11:01 PM
okay photobomb us, I woukd love to see all the pretty ponies!!!

Landshark
02-23-2015, 12:06 AM
I didn't take any of Two Bits yet but here is Solar and Chamonix!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb250/Landshark2/Breyer%20OF%20Special%20Runs/ChamonixA_zpsnmomyt6q.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/user/Landshark2/media/Breyer%20OF%20Special%20Runs/ChamonixA_zpsnmomyt6q.jpg.html)

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb250/Landshark2/Breyer%20OF%20Special%20Runs/ChamonixB_zpswbaf1blj.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/user/Landshark2/media/Breyer%20OF%20Special%20Runs/ChamonixB_zpswbaf1blj.jpg.html)

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb250/Landshark2/Breyer%20OF%20Special%20Runs/SolarB_zpsy7jpcwp7.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/user/Landshark2/media/Breyer%20OF%20Special%20Runs/SolarB_zpsy7jpcwp7.jpg.html)

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb250/Landshark2/Breyer%20OF%20Special%20Runs/SolarA_zpsprd3o9xj.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/user/Landshark2/media/Breyer%20OF%20Special%20Runs/SolarA_zpsprd3o9xj.jpg.html)

juliacodeman
02-23-2015, 06:14 AM
Uh....wow...:jawdrop:jawdrop:popcorn