PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, Ebay?

Durraya
03-28-2015, 11:10 PM
So a month ago I bid on and ended up winning my grail of grails- the BF Sprinkles in mint condition, for $132, which I thought was a super price. I paid within hours of winning the auction, like I always do. After a week of nothing, I politely contacted the seller and asked about the model, which had not shipped yet. No response. Since the expected delivery date wasn't for another two weeks there was nothing I could do, but as soon as the date came and went I filed with ebay. The seller never did respond, and since I was covered under buyer protection, I got all of my money back. Today I am browsing ebay, and the SAME seller has the SAME model listed again. How is this possible? This seller has multiple negative comments, including another buyer that claimed that they never recieved their item, so how can this person still be selling things? How many times do you have to screw people over before you get kicked off ebay? Sorry about the ranting, but I am so :flamingmad:gaah:storm.

turbogrrl
03-29-2015, 01:51 AM
I'm sorry that happened! What a kick in the pants :storm I think you should post this eBay sellers username in the Transactions Board with red lights (if you haven't already done so). I'm glad you were totally refunded :)

farmer3
03-29-2015, 07:20 AM
I have also been watching this seller's auctions and there are fishy things going on for sure. Sorry this happened to you. I'd be really mad too! Post their name on the Transaction board.

fergus59
03-29-2015, 08:52 AM
I hope you posted negative feedback for them - that is the only way other potential bidders will know.

Vonda

FAM
03-29-2015, 10:10 AM
To answer your original question: for being a terrible seller who doesn't deliver they won't get kicked off ebay. That is what ebay considers feedback to be for, to warn others, but the official policy is that they will only kick someone off if they are being illegal or abusive or are breaking some ebay policy they care about. So, the way ebay expects cruddy sellers to be dealt with as long as they didn't cuss you out, threaten you, try to sell you something outside of ebay or try to sell you something illegal or that is proven to be stolen (that can be either their pics or the product itself) then ebay won't consider kicking them out as I understand it. I know that is a huge bummer and I have even gotten jipped where ebay didn't even give me my shipping back because when you combine shipping at least the one time I complained about multiple items from a seller who didn't ship them, the ebay program was too stupid to include the paid shipping in the refund it forced them to give. I don't know if it is getting any better but just thought I would mention it because these are all things to watch out for, unfortunately. The long and the short of it is, don't expect that a bad seller will be weeded out by ebay authorities because they will not unless they are doing something beyond ripping people off.

maddie1524
03-29-2015, 10:37 AM
eBay is tricky about that. For example, I bought a Mr. Chips from a seller that had all positive feedback. He arrived with a ton of flaws that were not noted, so I emailed the seller but didn't get a response. I opened a case and they finally agreed to let me return the horse for a refund after sending me a nasty, threatening message. I reported this to ebay and they said that they could not do anything except give the seller a warning. I asked if this had happened before, and they said yes - multiple times! So why did this seller not have any negative reviews?? Well, if you open a case and the seller takes the appropriate action (even if it takes forever and they are very rude about it), the transaction is deemed solved and the buyer is not allowed to leave negative feedback afterwords. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me!

Cyra
03-29-2015, 10:42 AM
Contact Paypal and file a dispute. That's the only thing I can think of.

Krazee4Breyers
03-29-2015, 10:42 AM
This seller is also using a picture from Identify Your Breyer! Can't they be reported for this?

farmer3
03-29-2015, 10:44 AM
This seller's pics are stolen from IDYB, which makes me wonder if they even have the models.

Truson
03-29-2015, 10:54 AM
I think this seller may have done this before, using the same picture, under a different username that also has sketchy feedback. But to do what they did to you is also a form of shilling, in that they don't sell the item and actually ship it until they get whatever it is they want for it. Keep reporting and leaving negative feedback, everyone. Ebay will have to do something about this sort of activity if it keeps up.

FWIW, I asked for other pictures from the other seller and they said they didn't have any more pictures..? That's a big red flag to me so I avoided the auction.

FAM
03-29-2015, 10:54 AM
Report the stolen pics. That is one thing ebay is often good about dealing with if you provide documentation. This is maybe different maybe not but one time I reported a fraudulent seller because I noticed some technical details in their ads that proved they were pretending to sell stuff in order to take peoples money but they didn't have the items and would add spam and hidden charges to boot. Stolen photos are often a telltail sign of that and so this is important to report plus it is fraudulent in that the photos are not of their item if it is a used item and also violate copyright. etc.

Durraya
03-29-2015, 12:21 PM
I thought that pic looked very familiar! I did try to report it to ebay under a fraudulant listing, but I don't think things will go very far. There is already a bid on this model again-I wish there was some way to contact the bidder and warn them! Ebay is also cute about not allowing you to leave negative feedback once you have filed a case with them and gotten a ruling. Thanks for letting me vent, everyone. I am going to get the sellers ID and post it here to keep others from having to go through the same :poo.

maddie1524
03-29-2015, 12:27 PM
Ebay is also cute about not allowing you to leave negative feedback once you have filed a case with them and gotten a ruling.

:yeahthat It makes it impossible for people to leave informative feedback! It is really unfair that buyers can't warn others about bad sellers just because they took the appropriate action with eBay.

Lora
03-29-2015, 01:00 PM
E-Bay doesn't need to care, people are selling and buying there anyway.

Brenda
03-29-2015, 01:59 PM
Her other auctions all use pictures from IDYB as well. I asked to see more pictures. She's claiming the model is LSQ and if she actually owns the model and has it in her possession she should be able to provide actual pictures and not stolen ones from IDYB

idyourbreyer
03-29-2015, 03:41 PM
This seller is also using a picture from Identify Your Breyer! Can't they be reported for this?

I've tried reporting them as theft of copyrighted material and as fraud, as they're using photos that aren't of the model they actually have for sale. I have never received a response from eBay, and only a few times gotten the seller to remove the photos when I contact them directly. :gaah

Eviejean
03-29-2015, 04:32 PM
Maybe if enough of us report the photos as stolen from your site eBay will finally be forced to DO something about it!

idyourbreyer
03-30-2015, 09:25 PM
Success! :party All three of the auctions this seller had listed using my photos have been pulled! Not sold, removed! :bananaslide Now if only the other auction, discussed on the Transaction Board, would do the same.

Durraya
03-30-2015, 09:45 PM
Great work everyone! Blabbers unite!

RedRuby
03-30-2015, 10:45 PM
YAY! Good job everyone!

Truson
03-30-2015, 10:55 PM
Blab Power! There is power in numbers!

greymist8
03-31-2015, 12:59 PM
If Ebay is not going to let you leave negative feedback anytime you open a case with them, there should at least be some way to view how many cases have been filed against this seller.

farmer3
03-31-2015, 03:24 PM
Glad they finally got shut down. More than one of those models with stolen pics had been "sold" and then came back again. That was actually the 3rd time up for Sprinkles, she had been "sold" twice before. What a messed up seller! I agree that you should be able to leave negs when a seller does that, and see about cases put on sellers, just like you should be able to see how many times a buyer has been a non payer and be able to leave negs for buyers. EBay just gets worse all the time for both buyers and sellers.

Eviejean
03-31-2015, 03:48 PM
Success! :party All three of the auctions this seller had listed using my photos have been pulled! Not sold, removed! :bananaslide Now if only the other auction, discussed on the Transaction Board, would do the same.

EXCELLENT NEWS!
:woot

Avalon99
04-01-2015, 01:19 AM
Interestingly, I just had a problem with an item I bought on ebay. Ebay found in my favour since the seller never shipped the item, and the case was closed. When I went into the "Leave Feedback" section, it wasn't listed there, but when I went back in My Ebay to the original listing, opened it, and clicked on Other Actions, I was able to leave negative feedback. Of course, I'm using ebay.ca, which does work a bit differently than ebay.com, but it's worth checking to see if the same steps would work on the US version.

I suppose the one benefit to me was I paid when the Canadian dollar was a bit higher and it's dropped since then, so I'm actually getting a bit more money back. Gotta look on the bright side, right? :)

farmer3
04-01-2015, 06:38 AM
You're right eBay.ca does work differently than .com, that's why I was surprised that negs couldn't be left. I'm on .ca, but if I sign into .com I can still go to My eBay and do things there. Maybe the Americans can still leave negs by signing into eBay.ca and doing it there. It's worth a try.

Avalon99
04-01-2015, 10:33 AM
You're right eBay.ca does work differently than .com, that's why I was surprised that negs couldn't be left. I'm on .ca, but if I sign into .com I can still go to My eBay and do things there. Maybe the Americans can still leave negs by signing into eBay.ca and doing it there. It's worth a try.

I dread the day they make ebay.ca work like ebay.com, although I'm sure it will come at some point. I like still being able to buy an item and not have to pay immediately (or using ebay.com's silly cart thing). Sometimes I want to shop more with a seller, but don't want to miss a certain item. Sometimes I need to wait for an invoice with the proper shipping amount, etc. I browse on ebay.com but shop on ebay.ca.

Mary
04-01-2015, 11:14 AM
Mod: Thread moved to TTB, as this is about a specific transaction going wrong.

And as a personal comment - I suggest outing/red-lighting the seller. I don't see their ebay id or name mentioned - did I miss it?

farmer3
04-01-2015, 01:06 PM
Mod: Thread moved to TTB, as this is about a specific transaction going wrong.

And as a personal comment - I suggest outing/red-lighting the seller. I don't see their ebay id or name mentioned - did I miss it?

It's on TTB in the thread titled "Warning! Fraudulant Ebay seller!!" The seller's eBay ID is lovderbar2

farmer3
04-01-2015, 01:12 PM
I dread the day they make ebay.ca work like ebay.com, although I'm sure it will come at some point. I like still being able to buy an item and not have to pay immediately (or using ebay.com's silly cart thing). Sometimes I want to shop more with a seller, but don't want to miss a certain item. Sometimes I need to wait for an invoice with the proper shipping amount, etc. I browse on ebay.com but shop on ebay.ca.

I agree, I prefer .ca to .com and do everything on .ca I found out about being to access everything from .com one of those days when .ca wasn't working right.

Durraya
04-19-2015, 02:19 PM
She's at it again!!! The same BF Sprinkles with the same photo and the same start price!!! OMG!!!!:throw:bluerant:headbeat

farmer3
04-19-2015, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I know ! Last night it "sold" again. I think it's the 4th time it has "sold". I wonder if the buyer will actually get something sent to them this time?

idyourbreyer
04-19-2015, 03:17 PM
:headbeat :mad :tantrum :storm :nono :wtf :soapbox :curse :angry

I think that says it all.

Durraya
04-19-2015, 10:21 PM
I don't get it, I mean, it's covered by buyer protection, so if she doesn't ship it out, the money gets returned to the buyer anyway. How is she coming out ahead?

onekindacowboy
04-19-2015, 10:40 PM
She gets to use the money for a month? Or she hopes the person just doens't file with ebay/paypal?
I dont know. It seems that sometimes she follows throught as she does have some positives.