PDA

View Full Version : Info: Lovely message from ebay buyer blb0123

Melinda
04-05-2015, 06:27 PM
I received this lovely message this evening.
Are you truly that ignorant that you want $5,400 for a Breyer that's is limited to 350... Her value is $500.... Maybe if you priced like you had a brain she would sell... I mean honestly, are you serious?!! It like come on let's use our brain here...

This was from someone with the Ebay id blb0123. If this is how they contact people I would steer clear of them. One of this item in question just sold for a Best Offer with this same asking price so I figured it would not hurt to try it too even though I was very skeptical in the beginning also. I also have felt that others were asking outrageous prices for items but I would NEVER send a message like this. So I felt like I should warn others. Happy Easter! LOL Melinda :lol

emt8134
04-05-2015, 06:41 PM
It's America. Price your stuff as you want. People either will or won't buy, their choice..just like its your choice what price you're willing to part with her. Unfortunately tact is a lost art.

VWK'sanEasyGoer
04-05-2015, 07:07 PM
:yeahthat That was a pretty harsh message to you. :( Totally unnecessary to be that rude.

horsefreak
04-05-2015, 08:17 PM
Wow. That’s really rude.

JoeCool
04-05-2015, 09:58 PM
:jawdropwow! super classy! really makes me want to do any sort of buying or selling business with them if they think leaving messages like that is how things get done. :yowza

I'm sorry somebody treated you this badly, but thank you for giving us all a heads up.

Durraya
04-06-2015, 12:34 AM
This person needs to wear that shirt that says "Everyone is entitled to my opinion" because they obviously believe it. Wow.

DooWiki
04-06-2015, 08:57 AM
This person needs to wear that shirt that says "Everyone is entitled to my opinion" because they obviously believe it. Wow.

:lmaoI want that on a t-shirt!.... not for me, but a cute primadonna 6 year old I know.

Melinda
04-06-2015, 07:08 PM
Check out this new message she left,

"It's the truth, Everyone would agree with me... It's just stupid price. Like honestly who in their right mind would by a $5000 toy horse?! I collect but I also have a brain. $5000 is for a real horse, not a toy... Cause done at the bone Breyers are meant for toys, not $5000... "
This was my reply "Why is this bothering you so much and why is it any of your business? Try looking at the website called Model Horse Sales Pages and check out the prices for "TOY" horses. The hobby has become much bigger than you evidently can imagine. Please go on with your own life and leave mine alone"

What is the matter with some people?

emt8134
04-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Some people just can't let things go.

freakofnature
04-06-2015, 09:21 PM
I disagree with that person. People DO spend $5000 on model horses. Maybe not that one in particular but has she ever been to the BF auction? :lol

Durraya
04-06-2015, 09:41 PM
Does this person have a life? Jeez.

VWK'sanEasyGoer
04-06-2015, 10:45 PM
Oh brother. They actually messaged you again. It's not even worth your time. I hope that Ebay can do something about this person's unpleasant messages.

LeeAnn
04-07-2015, 07:02 AM
Wow. Just wow. At this point I would just ignore the person or block then so they can't send an email. So sorry you're being treated this way! :hugg As others have said, it's your model and you have the right to price it the way you want.

Miss Susan
04-07-2015, 09:15 AM
Judging from [like] the way the messages are [like] written, I think the person is [like] really young. :rolleyes I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I suggest blocking their messages and reporting them to eBay.

The Snow Leopard
04-07-2015, 10:34 AM
It's pathetic that they throw a big fit over an expensive horse. If they don't like the price, they don't have to buy it.

Out of curiosity, what Breyer model is this?

Melinda
04-07-2015, 08:06 PM
It's the Connoiseur "Giselle" the porcelain one. I saw this model for sale for this price and thought the seller was out of her mind. I did message them and asked a few questions but nicely and not rude. Her first listing made it sound like Breyer only made 2 of these which was true as far as the only made 2 porcelain connoiseurs but each had a run of 350 so I politely asked if she knew that. She reworded her listing and SOLD that model for 3500! At least she claimed that she did and the completed listings show she accepted a BO while it was listed for 5400. So I figured what the heck, I'd put mine up and see what happens. It only costs me 20 cents a month and maybe I'll find someone else who's willing to pay close to that. If not they may offer me a quarter of that and I may take it! No harm done either way since yes this is America! Land of the Free! LOL Thanks to all who posted for your empathy. I thought I had my settings set so that a blocked buyer could not contact me so I'm not sure what happened there.
I did pay 3500 for my first (and only) real horse. She was a Tennessee Walking horse out of the World Grand Champion "Ebony's Senator", a 3 yr old and a handfull! She'd pull for an hour before relaxing even a little bit for months. Now at age 54 my models horses ease some of the longing for the touch of a real horse. Well at least some days they do.

Sazz
04-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Hm, I recall some interesting Facebook posts in one of the groups I watch concerning a similar model. It was maybe that Giselle that you are referring to (not yours but the one you saw that sold). It really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think it is fair to call a seller an "idiot" just because you think they should take your advice. People like this really irk me in the hobby world, and I know it is massively cliche, but they REALLY need to get a life and stop worrying about how others are pricing models. I'm sorry someone took it upon themselves to be so incredibly rude to you, that is ridiculous.

Thanks for the heads up, this one is going straight to my block list!

turbogrrl
04-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Please report this harassment to eBay, and then block the bidder. What a rude and cruel person.

Eviejean
04-10-2015, 02:51 PM
Check out this new message she left,

"It's the truth, Everyone would agree with me... It's just stupid price. Like honestly who in their right mind would by a $5000 toy horse?! I collect but I also have a brain. $5000 is for a real horse, not a toy... Cause done at the bone Breyers are meant for toys, not $5000... "
This was my reply "Why is this bothering you so much and why is it any of your business? Try looking at the website called Model Horse Sales Pages and check out the prices for "TOY" horses. The hobby has become much bigger than you evidently can imagine. Please go on with your own life and leave mine alone"

What is the matter with some people?
I'm glad you responded in the way that you did but I agree with what others have suggested - to report this harassment to eBay.
eBay takes a dim view of harassment and needs to know about this so they can take appropriate action...

I will be blocking this person.

maryberry
04-13-2015, 09:59 AM
I just read this thread. That is so rude of that person to attack you like that! There is a horse on MH$P right now that is for sale for $7,500, so there are people who do spend $5000+ on "toy" horses. And if someone wants to pay that then they have every right to. And seriously, who cares what people spend their money on! I'm not going to judge someone for spending their money on something they love, whether the horse is real or not.

Jeannine
04-13-2015, 05:26 PM
Perhaps this person should spend their time learning how to spell and use appropriate grammar instead of sending nasty messages.