PDA

View Full Version : Question: Not sure what my options are here...

sharonl
04-06-2015, 06:09 AM
I recently bought a cheap fixer-upper Breyer on Ebay. When I went to pick up the model I had to pay $4.95 postage due to get it. I contacted the seller on March 31, letting them know what happened and requesting that they refund me the money into my Paypal account. Since then, I haven't heard a peep from the seller. :grump I emailed them again this morning with a little bit more forceful message, again requesting a refund, but also giving them until the 10th before I leave negative feedback. Now, here's my question: is negative feedback all I can do, or can I open a case with Ebay? Technically, I got the model, in the condition that was described--but it wasn't for the price I agreed to. How would that work? Is there a section for things like this? Thankfully, in all the years I've been on Ebay, I've only had a handful of issues with sellers. :)

muggyscugglemeyer
04-06-2015, 01:48 PM
I'd call eBay and find out if there's any way you can get reimbursed for the additional postage cost. I would think that it still falls under Buyer Protection, but I don't know how they'd categorize it.

airen
04-06-2015, 09:12 PM
:yeahthat

pzp
04-06-2015, 11:32 PM
I'd open a case on Ebay for Significantly Not As Described.

Eviejean
04-10-2015, 03:07 PM
Sharon, I believe you CAN open a case with eBay.
Because you had to pay a postage due amount, which SHOULD have been included in what you already paid for your win, this is like receiving an item that doesn't match the listing description.

If I remember correctly there is a spot on the case that asks if you want to return the item or not, which of course you don't want to do, you just want a refund on the additional amount you had to pay! Plus you can always phone eBay and have them walk you through opening the case if you want.

Let us know what happens!

sharonl
04-11-2015, 04:46 AM
Thank you all! I ended up sending her a payment request through Paypal, and she did pay the postage due amount. I got hit with paypal fees, but at that point I wasn't going to quibble about a few cents. So, it turned out ok, I guess. :yes I've just had some bad luck on Ebay lately, with two models arriving broken (after being an Ebay member since 2000 and never having a damaged model before these) and now this. Maybe it's a sign for me to take a break. :lol