PDA

View Full Version : Auction Painted Oceania resin by Morgen Kilbourn

horsephotos
05-10-2015, 08:19 PM

http://myauctionbarn.com/auction_details.php?name=Painted-Oceania-Resin&auction_id=151102

Offered at My Auction Barn, "Cheval de la Mer" is a very unique Morgen Kilbourn Oceania resin, painted by me, Lynn Cassels-Caldwell. This delightful piece was a real artistic challenge for me. I wanted to make sure the colour was accurate, so I approached it as a painting of a white horse swimming, but in 3D.
Research led me to see how colours change under water, the play of light in the waves, and how that ever moving light creates highlights on the horse and sea bed. Plus, I found the real colour of giant kelp and what it looks like in the sea.
"Cheval de la Mer" has been live shown as a Camargue Horse mare, a breed found in a marsh area of France. They are always white. She has earned current NAN cards in both Breed and Workmanship, which are included. Iíll also include the show references. She is a curio size, smaller than a Classic, but larger than a Stablemate.

She was painted in pastels and sealed with many layers of sealer, her eyes & nostrils are glossed. I have won numerous live show championships & reserves with my finish work. She is held by strong magnets atop her kelp supports. The water line "collar" is removable.
She will swim right into your heart!

jettabar99
05-11-2015, 07:57 AM
This piece is incredible. It was at our live show and is beyond amazing! I must have!!

T-Whinny Gal
05-11-2015, 04:02 PM
That is so amazing! First of all the sculpt is fabulous, but your paint job puts it over the top. Such a realistic "underwater" effect with the light shimmers on the horse, makes me feel like if I touched him I would get my hand wet!!!

tannutuva
05-11-2015, 07:37 PM
Beautiful work and concept!

Landshark
05-11-2015, 08:55 PM
Beautiful!!

Kirstina
05-12-2015, 01:12 PM
Wow! I've always liked this unusual resin, but your paint job is simply outstanding and really brings the piece to life! :3drool

Beethovens7th
05-12-2015, 01:20 PM
That is so amazing! First of all the sculpt is fabulous, but your paint job puts it over the top. Such a realistic "underwater" effect with the light shimmers on the horse, makes me feel like if I touched him I would get my hand wet!!!

:yeahthat My thoughts exactly! :yes

VWK'sanEasyGoer
05-12-2015, 01:58 PM
I saw it at Toronto Live too and it's totally amazing in person. I was captivated by the light reflecting through the water on her back.

horsephotos
05-15-2015, 02:34 PM
Thanks everyone! She was challenging to paint in the accurate underwater colours. Her auction ends Sunday!

horsephotos
05-18-2015, 11:27 AM
SOLD!