PDA

View Full Version : Mini Optime Update

kyg
07-10-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm currently at 197 orders for the Mini Optime resins (out of 300 total to be sold). Oh, and out of that 300, 30 will be cast in transparent clear resin. (So that we can use the same molds, not make new ones just for that. More info coming next month -- to my WDN list members -- about how to get the clear ones.)

Keep in mind that on 56 of those orders I have not received payment yet. So for anyone hoping this edition takes awhile to sell out, the total sold number will probably be fairly fluid for awhile and you will probably still be able to get one a couple months from now. (At least I am guessing this to be the case.)

I am taking delivery of ALL 300 from my casting resource in mid-August, so I am committed to pay for 300 whether I sell them immediately or not! =^)

I think I may be getting an actual resin cast in time to take to BreyerFest. Though since I'm not bringing anything to sell nor will I be selling out of my room at the Holiday Inn any official times, I may be hard to pin down to see the Mini Optime! Maybe I ought to drill a hole in it and wear it around my neck the whole time, ha ha.

A reminder: According to the terms on my online order form, I am not taking time payments or extending the payment time. You have just 10 days from the day you sent in your online order form to get your payment here (not put the check in the mail 10 days from now, but HERE by 10 days) or your order will be dropped. Starting next Wednesday I will be going through and discarding orders without payments.

Direct link to the Optime web page:
http://www.westerlydesign.com/optime.html
There are now photos of the actual master casting prototype on the site now (in white primer instead of clear resin).

THANKS to everyone for your super support of this project!!!

Intothesunstudio
07-10-2005, 07:11 PM
He looks fantastic, Karen. I can't wait to get mine, paint him and make him a cute little Arab costume!

If there are any left in a week or so, I may put an order in for another.

sidhepro
07-12-2005, 02:11 AM
Woo hoo!

More teeny horses! Heheeheh

Hopefully they'll still be available after I'm moved so that I can order a few more. Must have half a dozen.

Kat

babygirl02
07-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Hopefully there will be some after my payday next week!

Kristi Hale
07-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Question -- what's up with the clear ones? Are there going to be clear ones just 'cause they look cool (and they do!) or is it meant for something else?

kidwitch
07-12-2005, 03:45 PM
Question -- what's up with the clear ones? Are there going to be clear ones just 'cause they look cool (and they do!) or is it meant for something else?
Just cause they're cool. Or if you want to use them as art.

kyg
07-12-2005, 09:45 PM
I met with my supplier yesterday to deliver the casting master, and they have assured me that I will have one clear and one white resin Mini Optime to take to BreyerFest with me! That means that at least the first molds will be made and I believe that I will get the first resins earlier than forecast. The "First-50 Patrons" will likely have theirs shipped the first week of August if all goes as planned.

(The clear ones are going to be a separate offering to my WDN list members, probably a lottery, later when I figure it all out. They are just for the "coolness" factor; I dunno what else you'd do with them!)

I will be bringing my order book with me and will take orders at BreyerFest, if you can find me! (For sure, I will be at the Horse Park all day Friday, running the Live show.) I'll have the 2 samples with me wherever I go, glad they are small, ha! And I guess I'll have to wear a name tag, even though I prefer to be "anonymous" at BF usually.

I just took my first order from a customer in JAPAN! How exciting! My resins are very popular with international customers; a ton of Boreas's and Optimes went to the UK and Europe, and same for orders on Mini Optime. But this is my first to Japan. Amazing how the web has made even my piddly little hobby/business an international endeavor.

The Mini Optime count stands at 206. It's slowed down, which is actually good since I'd like to see this not totally sell out that quick. Happily, my out-of-pocket expenses on getting this resin going have already been paid back; that's what was needed most. I put all of those upfront costs on the "household" VISA card (which I don't like to do), but Paul (in his usual logical manner) said hey we ought to at least get those United Airlines miles from this venture! (We have a United Mileage Plus VISA.) So I paid back the house, got airline miles, and we all get little Optimes. Everybody wins!

Oh and lastly, I realized that for those with recent orders and payments coming: I am going on vacation this Saturday for a week. So you all have a little grace period next week as I won't be around to process orders or payments until the 24th.

Cheers! And THANKS again for your support! =^)

P.S. I am thinking hard about a mini Boreas; maybe late in the year. I'd like to do a mini china version, and could do it if I got a shrinky resin made. At least his legs would be relatively thick so wouldn't need a base in that small scale china. But I'm still very uncertain about where I want to go with chinas so that is all very up in the air.

Attaway1
07-12-2005, 10:23 PM
P.S. I am thinking hard about a mini Boreas; maybe late in the year. I'd like to do a mini china version, and could do it if I got a shrinky resin made. At least his legs would be relatively thick so wouldn't need a base in that small scale china. But I'm still very uncertain about where I want to go with chinas so that is all very up in the air.

Yes!! A mini Boreas...........I'll take a couple :grin
Melissa

thebillybo
07-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Yes!! A mini Boreas...........I'll take a couple :grin
Melissa
:yeahthat

Mini Boreas!!!!

mamakaroti
07-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Yes, Boreas please! And then Caprice!

mariannas
07-13-2005, 12:14 AM
<insert Homer Simpson drooling imitation here>
mmmmmmm...Mini Boreas...Heart of Darkness...mmmmmmm

crimsnmastrpc
07-13-2005, 10:09 AM
i'd take a mini boreas any day. :adore

kyg
07-13-2005, 10:10 AM
Sorry, but there will never a mini Heart of Darkness, or any more HoD's sold in any form. This is because of the fact that the horse was a customized Breyer and I can't claim it is my own original work. I have decided (along with many other people in this hobby community that I respect) that it is very ethically wrong to cast and sell multiple copies of a reworked model horse that is not 100% my own work. I can't take back all the resins and chinas I have sold on HoD, and I sincerely regret casting HoD (back in the early 1990's when resins were new and we didn't know any better) but I am not selling any more HoD chinas, and no other versions (like a mini) will ever be made.

(See that other lengthy Blab thread about casting not-100%-reworked CMs if you want the full story...!)

sassymiss
07-13-2005, 11:07 AM
Yes, Boreas please! And then Caprice!

I 2nd a mini Caprice! I just love him!! :adore

Kristi Hale
07-13-2005, 11:16 AM
"I could smell you coming, Caprice." :devil

pipermaru
07-13-2005, 11:31 AM
"I could smell you coming, Caprice." :devil

:roflmao

opalhop
07-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Oooooh, mini Boreas.......I'm totally game. :)