PDA

View Full Version : How long do you wait before you contact seller again??

Eviejean
06-17-2015, 01:37 PM
(Mods, If this isn't is the right spot, kindly move it to where it belongs.)

I contacted a MH$P seller last night about one of her ads. It's been 17-1/2 hours and there's been no reply from the seller.
I've never had this issue before as any seller I've contacted has usually responded within a short time.
I don't want to be a PITA but I'm also interested in purchasing the model.

Do I just continue to wait for a reply?
Do I assume that my contact has not gone through?
(I've read on other ads where the contact button has not worked, though there was no mention of that on this sales ad...)

I'm curious:
How long do you (general you) wait to contact the seller a second time when you have not heard back?

Marina
06-17-2015, 02:04 PM
Sometimes it has taken sellers on MH$P up to a week to respond to me. People may have busy lives so I try to give them a few days. Also check their listing for an alternate contact method. I don't start to worry until it's been at least 48 hours without a reply.

PineRidgeStables
06-17-2015, 02:12 PM
I just had a seller take a good day and a half to get in touch with me, so it does happen. For me, the time until my second email largely depends on how desperate I am to get the model in question. :lol I would give it at least 24 hours. And yes, definitely try and find a way of contacting them directly (as opposed to the "contact vendor" button). I once sent a follow-up inquiry via email more than a day after initially trying the "contact" button, and the seller said she never received my first message and had had no idea that someone had tried to contact her about the horse.

Brenda
06-17-2015, 02:23 PM
I usually wait 2 or 3 days and then just "move on" but if it's something I really really want then I'll contact a 2nd time. I usually contact them through MH$P AND use their email because so many people report problems with getting messages through the contact button.

Jasper
06-17-2015, 04:03 PM
I'd wait at least 24 hours too to try again. And don't use the "Contact Vendor" button. Go right to email and headline the subject something with MHSP on it so they don't pass it up. I almost never use the vendor button anymore. I just go right to email and let the seller know why I'm doing it that way. It's very possible their button is working.

summerwinds
06-17-2015, 04:14 PM
I never use the "contact vendor" button unless I have no other choice. Just use the email provided above the button or in the ad (if given) and then put MHSP in the subject of the email so the seller knows why you are emailing them. I once had a model for sale on there where someone had emailed me using the button and i never got the email. By the time I saw that they had inquired and sent a response they were no longer interested.

As to how long I wait, I will send an email and if I don't hear back then I move on.

VWK'sanEasyGoer
06-17-2015, 07:55 PM
I normally give it 24 hours too then also forget it. And I always send an email as well as a MH$P contact. Now if it's something I REALLY REALLY want I may follow up again after the first two but normally not. If it's something THAT good then it's probably already sold.

I like it when sellers will contact back just to say "it's on hold" or "it's sold" or something. Then at least you know. I always try and send something to a person inquiring or even give that last "Thanks for letting me know" message back. Leave it off on a good note. In fact I asked about a small lot of horses almost a week ago and the seller told me they were on hold. Then she just got back to me today saying the buyer went AWAL and was I still interested? Um YEAH! :)

Eviejean
06-18-2015, 01:33 PM
Thank you everyone, for all your tips and hints.

I'm the same way Victoria. Most times the sellers I have dealt with have gotten back to me and let me know if the item has already been sold, on hold, etc but have offered to LMK if the deal has fallen through. That's how I ended up getting a McDermott David (I was second highest offer and the highest offer had fallen through...)
If I'm selling I do the same thing for buyers.

The good news is that the seller DID get in touch with me and I have purchased the horse!
I was patient and hadn't yet sent another e-mail (even though it had been over 24 hours), figured the horse was a no-go, so it was a nice surprise to hear back from her.

VWK'sanEasyGoer
06-18-2015, 01:35 PM
:clap and :cheer Isn't that a nice thing to happen? :)

Eviejean
06-18-2015, 01:52 PM
:clap and :cheer Isn't that a nice thing to happen? :)

:grin (This time it was Kitty Cantrell's Nocturno that I'd been looking for!)