PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Lights to The Peter Stone Company

ttbreyerfan68
07-13-2015, 09:20 AM
Hello, I recently purchased a model from Peter Stone. It was on sale, for a very good price. I inquired and purchased. It was over Facebook (Their Facebook Page) and I had to message the lady if I was interested. I did she sent a Paypal invoice, it was all done. I went to pick her up at the factory, I live close and I saved on shipping. I told the lady I was messaging on Facebook, if I could pick her up the next day and she said I could. When I got there they didn't even have my model finished and they barely said one word to me. I brought my non model horse friend with me and she was overwhelmed and asking them questions. They never once answered one of them. I guess it was just a rude vibe, like we weren't supposed to be there. They brought my model out and I couldn't look at her? They wrapped her up handed it to me and walled away? When I got home I looked her over and I got ticked at what I found. For an OOAK this is not right..I paid top dollar for her.

This was the first horse from Stone I have bought it two years. I am extremely disappointed. I emailed them and they haven't resposed. I also messaged them on Facebook. The rub is about the size of the diamond on my ring. It's just very upsetting. I now see why I stopped buying from them. I should have kept it that way. Thought they could have a second chance.
Thanks, Elizabeth Stayner

LadyPhaseCrazy
07-13-2015, 12:03 PM
:tsktsk

onekindacowboy
07-13-2015, 12:04 PM
I suppose your non horse friend won't be excited about models ever.

Breyer Fire
07-13-2015, 09:46 PM
I can't believe the rude customer service. I if I had a cool job at a model horse factory , you would not be able to wipe the stupid grin off my face! Interacting with the collectors and presenting them with their new grail would be so much fun and very rewarding. Bad customer service and poor quality will number their days.

DooWiki
07-13-2015, 10:00 PM
I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience, Elizabeth. That flaw is way too HUGE to ignore. It's not a picky collector's discrepancy. It's a giant smudge! Unfortunately, I'd take the model back and demand a refund.

FourWindsFarm
07-14-2015, 10:34 AM
I'm sorry this happened to you. Take it back, demand a refund, and walk away. They will claim the model is sold 'as is' and you're out of luck, but keep at it-- they should have disclosed a flaw this large to you. I'm waiting on one horse from Stone that should be here later this week, and I'm done. Their customer service is appalling and the models are getting worse and worse. Customization is sloppy, painting is sloppy, they care about nothing but money.

SeaWatch
07-14-2015, 12:13 PM
I'm sorry this happened to you. Take it back, demand a refund, and walk away. They will claim the model is sold 'as is' and you're out of luck, but keep at it-- they should have disclosed a flaw this large to you. I'm waiting on one horse from Stone that should be here later this week, and I'm done. Their customer service is appalling and the models are getting worse and worse. Customization is sloppy, painting is sloppy, they care about nothing but money.

:yeahthat

You may have to be persistent, but there is no reason why you should keep a model with such an obvious flaw. Stones are pricey... We're not talking about a $14 Classic-sized Breyer horse (which probably would have had fewer flaws!), so you have every right to be angry...and you deserve a refund.

It has been a little more than a year since I stopped buying from the Stone Company. I got fed up with their bad customer service, and their manipulated sales. I just don't feel comfortable doing business with them anymore, and will now only purchase Stones on the secondary market. That way I know exactly what I am getting, and I won't have to wait 4+ months to get it, either.

RedMorgan
07-14-2015, 01:49 PM
It does seem that for every person who gets a nice model, there is another who gets a dud. So sorry. It is all about the $ to them.

ttbreyerfan68
07-14-2015, 01:53 PM
I suppose your non horse friend won't be excited about models ever.

No I don't think she ever will be. They were very rude to her, and all she was doing was asking some simple questions.

ttbreyerfan68
07-14-2015, 01:56 PM
I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience, Elizabeth. That flaw is way too HUGE to ignore. It's not a picky collector's discrepancy. It's a giant smudge! Unfortunately, I'd take the model back and demand a refund.

Thank you! I will take it back the next time I get to Shipsewanna. I was so excited to show her as well..if it was a tiny flaw I wouldn't mind. This is like half a fingerprint! :/ I am normally not picky, but this was the last straw!

ttbreyerfan68
07-14-2015, 01:59 PM
I paid $193 for her. That's what makes me extremely ticked.

Raiha
07-14-2015, 10:02 PM
That's aweful! Luckily, I haven't received anything like this. I was actually really tempted to get that one since I really liked the color.

Crywild
07-15-2015, 09:45 AM
I'm so bummed our only American model horse company is slipping so bad. I'm in the same boat as some of the other Blabbers that commented, I stopped buying directly from Stone last year. I've been tempted a few times, but stop myself. I was a $600 + yearly customer, not a big number to them I guess. I just got tired of sending horses back EVERY TIME. I gave up.

FourWindsFarm
07-15-2015, 11:53 AM
I have one horse coming in today. I'm scared to even look at him. He's the last one from Stone.

Eviejean
07-15-2015, 05:11 PM
It does seem that for every person who gets a nice model, there is another who gets a dud. So sorry. It is all about the $ to them.

You're SO right.
:sigh
And that's why I have yet to add a Stone to my collection.

Jasper
07-15-2015, 07:41 PM
Best to stick with the secondary market I guess. Sorry to hear this happen to you. Sounds like a bunch of people that don't like their job. You and your friend don't deserve to be treated like that. Post your complaint on the Facebook page Stone Horse Appreciation, or Not....too.

Snitter
07-16-2015, 12:51 AM
You need to keep contacting Stone about this horse. They only give you so many days for a return. I would try to contact Randy through Facebook. Their return policies are HORRIBLE. I would let him know that you were not allowed to look at this horse before you left.

FourWindsFarm
07-16-2015, 09:38 AM
Randy is at Equilocity and nobody at the company right now seems to be 'authorized' to do anything. Your best bet is to try contacting him through FB, then screenshot the responses so there is 'proof' you tried to return it within the required time frame.

Otherwise put it in a box, ship it back to them, and do a chargeback on your credit card for it. Keep copies of the postage receipt and print off the tracking that shows it delivered so you have proof you sent it back if they claim it never arrived, and you should end up with your money eventually. A friend of mine had to do that when they refused to allow the return of a video sale model that was completely not-as-described. If you tell the credit card company that your purchase was damaged, with proof, and it has been returned, they will refund the money.

Avalon99
07-16-2015, 10:16 AM
Have you thought about making a complaint to the Better Business Bureau? Based on the 4 (only 4?) previous complaints listed there, it sounds like they will take action when forced to.

LadyPhaseCrazy
07-16-2015, 05:02 PM
What really gets to me is that they would NOT let you see the model when they gave it to you... that right there would have been a red flag for me... as a paying customer, you have EVERY RIGHT to view your item(s) at the time of purchase. I think they knew about the flaw 100% but didn't want to admit it, more like "Here's your model, now get out." Completely unacceptable!