PDA

View Full Version : question about shipping and insurance

Avalon99
07-25-2015, 03:09 PM
I have a person in Switzerland who wants to buy two of my horses. Canada Post is very expensive, but they do have a cheap option, but with no insurance. I told the Swiss person that I won't ship it without insurance and she said:

"I have a private insurance. Beside my hobby (model horses) Since I have a trading company. I buy a lot in China, Australia and India. I have an insurance policy for all merchandise that I get, regardless of which country!"

I've never dealt with something like this before. Anyone know how this would work? What information would I need? How is her insurance supposed to know that I've shipped something to her? It sounds complicated and at the moment, I'm thinking I'll just tell her sorry, no.

Thanks!

VWK'sanEasyGoer
07-25-2015, 04:09 PM
This can be true. If she's got coverage through her business then you don't need to insure the model. I've shipped to international customers through our business who've requested the same thing. Of course I'd make sure you have a very clear chain of communication where she's stating she doesn't want insurance, etc, and if there was damage she would have to totally deal with it from her end. I'd make sure you take lots of pics of the models getting packed and the box prior to shipping too if you decide to go through with the transaction.

Just make sure the buyer knows that there's probably no tracking with the cheaper CP option so once it's gone it's in the wind till it gets there.