PDA

View Full Version : Are there any shows on Long Island?

RobinHoodFan
09-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Any shows out here on this lonely island?

PixelPerfectStables
09-01-2015, 08:49 PM
I know of 3 other ladies who live out there, they have all been interested in having a show down there, but haven't tried organizing yet. Rocket is here on Blab, I don't know if the other 2 are, though they have Facebook.

RobinHoodFan
09-01-2015, 08:58 PM
Yea, Rocket lives only like 20-30 min from me and I still need to get out there and play one day!! I've just been so crazy! :gaah I got an invite to the RX championships in Albany but it's still such a trek which made me wonder if there were any closer...3hrs isn't too bad but getting from the island though the city/Jersey area is just NOT fun and not something I'm comfortable with doing...*sigh* (not that i Have time to go to a show but I'd love to at least pop in to one at some point and if it was close, I wouldn't waste too much time in traveling and it would make it more possible in the foreseeable future). Even NYC would be a little easier b/c I can take the train. But I don't think there are any there either!!

Who are the other 2 on LI that you know of?!

rocket
09-02-2015, 09:02 PM
Yea, Rocket lives only like 20-30 min from me and I still need to get out there and play one day!! I've just been so crazy! :gaah I got an invite to the RX championships in Albany but it's still such a trek which made me wonder if there were any closer...3hrs isn't too bad but getting from the island though the city/Jersey area is just NOT fun and not something I'm comfortable with doing...*sigh* (not that i Have time to go to a show but I'd love to at least pop in to one at some point and if it was close, I wouldn't waste too much time in traveling and it would make it more possible in the foreseeable future). Even NYC would be a little easier b/c I can take the train. But I don't think there are any there either!!

Who are the other 2 on LI that you know of?!
Ah chickie I am going up to Albany and judging both days, if you want a lift let me know.

I actually have access to an affordable hall, only small issue is they only have round tables, I think there are only 4 or 5 rectangles. Which I know can be made to work for judging.

The issue is most folks do not want to come here, you need to either cross our two bridges or catch the boat. Now driving onto the Island early in the morning is not bad, getting off is a whole nother story! LOL I know I did it enough when I was younger and showed a ton.

One of the reasons I have a tendency to go up north in Reg X for shows, I can get off the Island in the morning (we are talking 4AM) and then I just take the Ferry home. I would go to more Reg 9 shows in NJ but the traffic is a killer getting home. Plus I have not been asked to judge which right now is all I am doing due to not having a real show string.

Anyhow, I am game if we can get enough interest. If I can get the hall my husband and I are using for an Antique Bottle Show in Jan of next year, we would not have to charge much for folks to enter.

Thoughts? Might want to post this to the Reg X FB and maybe even Reg. 9 FB pages.

RobinHoodFan
09-03-2015, 09:06 AM
Oh cool! I'll have to see how the dates play out but that'd be awesome if it works out! I know my BIL's bday is around that time so it might not work but so happy I at least have the option to tag along!!!! ::woohoo::

Hahah and in that same breath...WE have to cross those same bridges :lol Catch 22 I guess.

Oh that would be cool to have one on the Island! At that rate, I might even paint up a show string and give it a try since transport should be a cinch!! Where is the hall out of curiosity?

rocket
09-03-2015, 09:13 PM
In Bayport, the Girl Scouts have a hall they use but do rent out. I shall know in January how it works out, as my husband Bottle Club has rented it for a show. And let me know in regards to TRX, I usually get a room with two beds, and will try just encase. Unless you are not up to sharing a room which is no problem.

RobinHoodFan
09-04-2015, 07:01 AM
In Bayport, the Girl Scouts have a hall they use but do rent out. I shall know in January how it works out, as my husband Bottle Club has rented it for a show. And let me know in regards to TRX, I usually get a room with two beds, and will try just encase. Unless you are not up to sharing a room which is no problem.

Aweome! Bayport is not that far and I would definitely go check it out if dates work out! Let me know what you decide to do on that because I'll help advertise the crap outta that for you!!! It would be an awesome opportunity to attend my first show!

Did you SEE my accomidations for BF? :lol I stayed with Maggie & Morgen....in my own little corner lol!
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/q90/p720x720/11755707_935661256477760_795038364764683618_n.jpg? oh=4c22e8c453c4602aa6adb20126709737&oe=567608CD

I'll let you know for sure when it gets closer but it's probably not going to work out due to the birthday so don't let me hold you up if you need to book things-I can always figure that out later if it comes down to it.

rocket
09-05-2015, 12:26 PM
No worries, I normally try for a two beds, my daughter is an active sleeper. Let me know, the Minty mobile leaves at about 4AM for the trip up to Albany. I can stay on the South Shore and grab you then head up to get off the Island.

RobinHoodFan
09-05-2015, 02:27 PM
No worries, I normally try for a two beds, my daughter is an active sleeper. Let me know, the Minty mobile leaves at about 4AM for the trip up to Albany. I can stay on the South Shore and grab you then head up to get off the Island.
:lol the Minty mobile :lol

rocket
09-05-2015, 06:43 PM
:lol the Minty mobile :lol
Yup she is mint green and has an attitude. LOL

Okay it looks like I am gonna run with this, we have some interest on the Reg. 10 FB page and now some on the Reg. 9 FB page. Gonna call my contact at Girl Scouts and freak her out and ask to rent the hall for another event that they have no clue about. At least this one is not open to the public per-say, so should be calmer about it then the bottle show.

RobinHoodFan
09-05-2015, 08:26 PM
:dj

RobinHoodFan
09-17-2015, 07:12 AM
Yup she is mint green and has an attitude. LOL

Okay it looks like I am gonna run with this, we have some interest on the Reg. 10 FB page and now some on the Reg. 9 FB page. Gonna call my contact at Girl Scouts and freak her out and ask to rent the hall for another event that they have no clue about. At least this one is not open to the public per-say, so should be calmer about it then the bottle show.

Yup, as suspected, it's a no go...just got word we're going on our "gal's xmas shopping spree" and going out to dinner for my BIL's bday that weekend. :\