PDA

View Full Version : MITS (Models In The Sunshine) May 7 and 8, 2016 in Inverness, FL

jmoore
09-08-2015, 05:47 AM
Save the date for MITS in 2016! Two day show with divisions for everyone!

Inverness, FL is:
Roughly 20 minutes west of I-75, just north of where I-75 meets the Florida Turnpike

Roughly a half hour from the Gulf of Mexico

1 hour west of Orlando
1 hour north of Tampa
1.5 hours southwest of Gainesville
2 hours west of Daytona

Yes, the show is set for the first weekend of May. Unfortunately, there are no TVs or WiFi in the showhall but we hope to wrap the show up in enough time so that everyone can get back to their hotels to watch the Derby. It is also Mother's Day weekend. :)

The website has been updated.
www.freewebs.com/mitsliveshow

Hope to see y'all there!!

SeaWatch
09-08-2015, 07:03 AM
Ughhh.... Why are all of the FL shows too far away for me nowadays? :sad I just cannot do these shows, because they would require an overnight stay (being about a 6 hour drive from here). We need some shows to be held south of Orlando (hint, hint)!

Is there anyone who might be interested in proxy showing a few models for me? :wink I don't think I would risk clinkies, because the last time I had someone proxy show for me, she broke my very special CMG Dafydd model (which ruined our friendship). But, I do have some fabulous Peter Stones that I would love to show.

jmoore
09-20-2015, 10:35 AM
Hey Mindy,

Yeah, unfortunately it seems like the majority of the hobby population in Florida is in the central and north part of the state. I actually live south of Orlando but Cindy and I host MITS up near where she lives because it is more convenient for the majority of Floridians and for people who live in other states. Lynda Gillette moved to Vero Beach and was talking about hosting a show some day. So, maybe! Hope so! :)

jmoore
09-20-2015, 10:37 AM

jmoore
10-13-2015, 05:08 AM
MITS is now NAMHSA Approved!

chucknora
11-15-2015, 12:02 PM
Yay! I am only an hour away, and am seriously contemplating coming up on Sunday. I only have a few models to show, so it would be more for the experience.

jmoore
11-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Cool! Hope you can make it!

purplehorsefl
12-13-2015, 02:41 PM
I am going to start making arrangements to go to this show. It will be my first one in probably a decade. I hope to bring a few for sale models and Arab costumes in a variety of sizes. It will be about 3 hour drive so I will need a hotel because I am NOT a morning person. It will be hard enough for me to make it anywhere in the am let alone driving! I'd like to know who else might go! I can't wait. I'll be going to anything that I can drive to maybe out of state if not too much of a stretch. :woohoo

jmoore
12-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Be sure to join our Yahoo group for updates and to connect with other people who are going to the show.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mitsliveshow/info

I hope you are able to make it!

Princesstriage
12-13-2015, 05:56 PM
Really wish I thought I could make it up, but my life is so much not my own right now..

jmoore
12-13-2015, 06:15 PM
The show's not until the first weekend of May. Maybe things will be more situated by then. I hope you can make it to the show one day, if not next year!

StraplessVivaTequila
03-27-2016, 08:52 PM
Oh gosh.. I might have to get back into showing for this one. I've missed it so much!

oceanride1
03-29-2016, 05:52 PM
Oh gosh.. I might have to get back into showing for this one. I've missed it so much!

If you do Ashley you'll have to let me know!! I have a bunch of new faces that need to get to the shows this year!

Paris
04-30-2016, 09:32 AM
I'm in and can't wait for next weekend :)

bonnieboo12
04-30-2016, 10:27 AM
I'm in and can't wait for next weekend :)
Ditto! Just booked a hotel room this morning. :grin