PDA

View Full Version : Winter is Coming Model Horse Show, Shelbyville, KY, November 7th!

saddlebredsforme
09-12-2015, 10:33 PM
Hello everyone!

I am hosting a Model Horse show on November 7th, 2015! The Winter is Coming Model Horse Show will take place at the Shelby County Fairgrounds in Shelbyville, Kentucky. We are NAMHSA Approved!

You can find all of the show information and documents at the show website: http://winteriscoming.yolasite.com

The show has an extensive class list and will have the following divisions: OF Breyer/Other Plastic Halter, OF Stone Halter, OF Plastic Collectibility, Custom Halter, Artist Resin Halter, OF China/Resin Halter, Custom Glazed China Halter, Mini Halter, OF Performance, and CM/AR Performance.

We are seeking donations for the show raffle. Proceeds from the show will go to benefit Casen Thompson, the child of a lifelong family friend who is undergoing extensive medical treatment (some of which will not be covered by insurance) for a host of birth defects. You can read Casen's story on his Go Fund Me page: http://www.gofundme.com/Raisen4BabyCasen

Mike and Carol Owens have very generously donated an unpainted Quartermeister resin (sculpted by Morgen Kilbourne) to benefit The Thompson Family. We will be having a separate raffle for Quartermeister, and tickets will be $10 each, six tickets for $50, or fifteen tickets for $100. The original issue price for Quartermeister was $295 and his edition is now closed. This is a great opportunity to get your hands on a Quartermeister while helping a family and a child in need!

If you are on Facebook, join the Winter is Coming group for updates! https://www.facebook.com/groups/479805515519941

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at rachelkelleyhorse@gmail.com

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME A BLAB MESSAGE, AS I RARELY CHECK THEM!!! You are much better off e-mailing me!

curlinfan
09-13-2015, 08:07 AM
I would like to go but I don't know if I'll have time to prep since I'll be at Keeneland for the BC the previous week. Giving my work schedule and calendar a hard look to see if I can swing it.

emt8134
09-13-2015, 08:30 AM
Cmon Lea! Would love it if you could!

DragonWing
09-13-2015, 12:33 PM
I really want to enter, as of right now way too many things are up in the air for me to commit to entering a show. I will at the very least make a donation to your show.

curlinfan
09-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Well I printed out the show packet and class list. I've been going through my documentation to see which models I can take without having to spend a lot of time doing research and preparing paperwork. At this point I can probably go. Just waiting to see what my work schedule will be like that week since I'm taking time off the week before to go to the Breeder's Cup. Should know whether or not I can go by the end of next week.

emt8134
09-14-2015, 04:16 PM
:clap:woohoo

curlinfan
09-20-2015, 09:29 AM
Okay, Kim. I'm "officially" going. Plan to mail my entry tomorrow. Good to visit with you yesterday.

Kathe
09-20-2015, 10:27 AM
I'm trying to swing going, too. It's a bit of a drive for me – but I was so bummed out that I missed a show this weekend because of having to work. Really trying to give this one a go. The class list looks great!

Cavonnier
09-20-2015, 12:27 PM
Class list is awesome! Unfortunately, I share a car with my hubby and he has to work that day which makes me stuck up in Muncie. :-/ Wish I could go, LOVE the classlist!!

Ayedeas
09-20-2015, 03:42 PM
Will you be hosting again next year? I'm taking all winter to prepare for my first show in the summer and won't have anything ready by November :(

oceanride1
09-30-2015, 03:25 PM
I hate to ask being just getting back into the hobby at the moment but would anyone out there be interested in proxying a horse or two for me at this show? If anyone is able, since I am unable to attend myself, please drop me a line :) and btw Curlinfan; I am insanely jealous of you right now! lol

Kathe
10-05-2015, 10:50 PM
Looks like I am going! Just paid my entry fees. :)

emt8134
10-05-2015, 11:56 PM
That's it Kathe..I'm breaking out the glossies.:blueflower

saddlebredsforme
10-07-2015, 11:20 PM
Will you be hosting again next year? I'm taking all winter to prepare for my first show in the summer and won't have anything ready by November :(

Not sure… I really just host shows when I can. I didn't host any in 2014, but this is the second show I've hosted this year. I most likely will not be having Snow Show-ers in February 2016, but who knows what will happen after that?!

saddlebredsforme
10-07-2015, 11:29 PM
Don't forget to send in your entries for the WINTER IS COMING! Model Horse Show! We are just one month away! Winter is Coming will be held on November 7th in Shelbyville, Kentucky. Please visit the show website for more information: http://winteriscoming.yolasite.com

Currently seeking raffle donations. Any and all donations are welcome and appreciated!

Brmnlovr
10-08-2015, 05:35 PM
I entered last night! Can't wait to see everyone!