PDA

View Full Version : Question about a refund through Paypal

Jasper
10-11-2015, 08:34 AM
I tried to look a bit here on Blab of the answer to my problem. I have a seller who said that she's shipping my horse on the September 25th or the 26th. Then said she was gong to ship him on the 2nd of October. I've been contacting her and my emails are going unanswered. I'm going to send her another email to today and tell her that if she doesn't at least communicate with me by tomorrow afternoon I will be asking for a refund. My question is, how much time should I give her before this transaction through Paypal becomes obsolete? I know I've read that here before, that there's a time limit to take action against any issues. I'm not quite finding it. But I would like to hear any tips or suggestions from others here who have dealt with this personally. I'm afraid if she starts communicating with me and keeps telling me that she sends and doesn't, that my window to demand a refund will expire.

I did all my homework on this seller, and she had an A+ rating on MHHR. Didn't find anything on Blab though. I felt quite confident in this sale. Makes me wonder if some things are going down on her side of the world. I feel bad if it is and I keep bugging her. My Grandma just passed less then a week ago. Between work, visitation, funeral, and life I still have time to message people. :(

Thanks

Stacie Boisen

RobinHoodFan
10-11-2015, 09:01 AM
Provided you paid with the proper method, Paypal gives you 180 days now to file a dispute. (If you click on the order in your paypal account, it usually says at the bottom how long and how to file a dispute).

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#13

13.5 Dispute Resolution. If you are unable to resolve a problem directly with a Seller, you can go to the Resolution Center (https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_complaint-view&nav=0.4) and follow this process:

Open a Dispute. Open a Dispute within 180 Days of the date you made the payment (or the date of the transaction if using Pay After Delivery) for the item you would like to dispute to negotiate with the Seller for resolution of the Dispute. We will place a hold on all funds related to the transaction in the Seller's Account until the Dispute is resolved or closed.

Brenda
10-11-2015, 10:44 AM
I tried to look a bit here on Blab of the answer to my problem. I have a seller who said that she's shipping my horse on the September 25th or the 26th. Then said she was gong to ship him on the 2nd of October. I've been contacting her and my emails are going unanswered. I'm going to send her another email to today and tell her that if she doesn't at least communicate with me by tomorrow afternoon I will be asking for a refund. My question is, how much time should I give her before this transaction through Paypal becomes obsolete? I know I've read that here before, that there's a time limit to take action against any issues. I'm not quite finding it. But I would like to hear any tips or suggestions from others here who have dealt with this personally. I'm afraid if she starts communicating with me and keeps telling me that she sends and doesn't, that my window to demand a refund will expire.

I did all my homework on this seller, and she had an A+ rating on MHHR. Didn't find anything on Blab though. I felt quite confident in this sale. Makes me wonder if some things are going down on her side of the world. I feel bad if it is and I keep bugging her. My Grandma just passed less then a week ago. Between work, visitation, funeral, and life I still have time to message people. :(

Thanks

Stacie Boisen

dont let her string you along. Tell her if she doesn't ship by X date then you are going to file a dispute. If she starts communicating again, it would be real easy to keep promising to ship the horse until the 180 days are up and then you'll be left out in the cold. So pick a date, let her know if you don't have a working tracking number by that date you'll file and then stick with that date and follow through with filing.

Mary
10-12-2015, 04:18 AM
I agree 100% with Brenda. Well said! :yes

Stacie, look on this as you telling the seller what you will do, and not you waiting to see what the seller will do. That puts you in control of your own destiny.

I don't think you have to wait the 180 days, you can file much sooner, although I have been lucky enough to date not to file a Paypal dispute. IMO don't wait too long to file, go ahead while everything is still current and fresh.

Good luck all comes out well in the end, with either a model or a refund!

Brenda
10-12-2015, 05:51 AM
Thank you, Mary.

From what i am reading, you have to wait a minimum of 7 days after payment sent to file a dispute for Item Not Received, but no. You do not have to wait 180 days to file one. The 180 is the amount of time you have to file and beyond that you are unable to file, which is why you should do it rather than wait so you dont miss out on you opportunity.

Jasper
10-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Thanks all. I just got done opening a dispute. I hope this gets resolved quickly. I don't know what happened with this transaction. From the get-go she was very easy to communicate with, and had perfect references on MHHR as a buyer and seller. Has anyone ever experienced or heard of something crazy happening to their seller or buyer? As in, what if you had a buyer that....hate to say it...but died? I mean. How would you know this? And I'm being all serious about this. This is not a joking around kind of question. Because should I get locked up in a transaction with someone, and something happens to me! Who would know what's going on? I would feel awful if this buyer is on her deathbed, or extremely ill. Lost her home in a fire? I certainly hope not! I'm just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone.

Brenda
10-12-2015, 02:29 PM
That's a very good question, Stacie. I don't know what would happen in that situation.

Mary
10-12-2015, 11:56 PM
Stacie I think that's a fair question, but let's keep it general as this is the TTB forum. Can't speculate on THIS buyer. Sometimes it's good to open another thread where people can share their experiences.

And so, in fact, here is a link to a thread for sharing about the general topic of disappearing buyers/sellers ... (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?168577-General-question-Have-you-ever-have-a-seller-buyer-*unexpectedly*-disappear)

:toothy :rays

RobinHoodFan
10-13-2015, 07:58 AM
Stacie I think that's a fair question, but let's keep it general as this is the TTB forum. Can't speculate on THIS buyer. Sometimes it's good to open another thread where people can share their experiences.

And so, in fact, here is a link to a thread for sharing about the general topic of disappearing buyers/sellers ... (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?168577-General-question-Have-you-ever-have-a-seller-buyer-*unexpectedly*-disappear)

:toothy :rays
I didn't take it as speculation about this buyer....her comment about it sounded pretty "in general" to me and was just using it as an example.

Brenda
10-13-2015, 08:44 AM
I didn't take it as speculation about this buyer....her comment about it sounded pretty "in general" to me and was just using it as an example.

:agreed :)

Jasper
10-14-2015, 03:44 PM
Thanks all! :hugg The seller contacted me yesterday and told me she's been working long hours. She also said she shipped him yesterday. Though I'm not going to cancel the dispute until he arrives here.

Eviejean
10-14-2015, 07:24 PM
Thanks all! :hugg The seller contacted me yesterday and told me she's been working long hours. She also said she shipped him yesterday. Though I'm not going to cancel the dispute until he arrives here.
That's a smart idea as once you cancel or close the dispute you can't open another one if the seller didn't happen to "come through".
That's not a speculation on whether you can believe a sellers word or not, just information for your to CYOB!

Hope this ends successfully for you! :crossfingers

Brenda
10-14-2015, 07:31 PM

That's a smart idea as once you cancel or close the dispute you can't open another one if the seller didn't happen to "come through".
That's not a speculation on whether you can believe a sellers word or not, just information for your to CYOB!

Hope this ends successfully for you! :crossfingers

i agree. It's very smart not to cancel until you are in possession of the horse. I look forward to your next update where you say he's arrived and you're very happy.