PDA

View Full Version : Red light for uncalled for rudeness. Teddie Ann Reilly "kemosabi"

shego
10-16-2015, 03:16 PM
Red light for uncalled for rudeness. Teddie Ann Reilly "kemosabi"
Emailed me in regards to one of my MHSP ads, just to tell me that I was asking way too much money, and that my item was not worth what I was asking, because she bought this item when it came out, and it did not cost that much. My pricing is based on going market value. I dont understand why this girl (or woman?) felt it necessary to insult me like this. I will never sell or buy anything from someone who thinks its ok to behave like that. Here is the email she sent me:
Hello,
The price you are asking for this pretty lady is WAY
out of line! They were $25 each (plus shipping)
when they came out - I should
know, I have all of them.
Teddie and The Furry Purrsons

End email.

Carly Mahoney

Melinda
10-16-2015, 03:21 PM
I blocked her a couple of years ago after she bought an item and then informed me she had changed her mind. I have seen lots of posts from her on MHHR and many many green lights which only shows that she can display more than one behavior. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I know that my life has enough drama without someone adding to it for no reason. Can I be nosy and ask what model is being discussed?

unicornwoman
10-16-2015, 04:05 PM
Well, I'm the radical that thinks a seller has the right to price their item however much they want, even if it is above market. They don't have a right to get it, but they do have the right to price it at what it is worth *to them*. Sometimes, it's worth keeping an item not to let it go for "market price."

Course, you're doing market, so not sure what the problem was. Sorry, you had this happen.

Eviejean
10-16-2015, 10:49 PM
That's too bad.
I know that Teddie Ann [mod edit to remove personal data-type information about someone else] and I've spoken via e-mail to her on a couple of occasions.
I didn't find her to be rude and had some interesting/nice chats.

Not trying to make excuses for anyone but:
Could it possibly be a case of since you (general you) can't see the inflection in an e-mail you don't know how it is meant to come across.

Maybe she wasn't intentionally being rude?? :dunno
Or didn't realize she was coming across to you as being rude...

Sorry this happened to you.
(and yes, anyone has a right to price their items at whatever they want to price them...)

shego
10-17-2015, 06:52 AM
It was for a breyer blossoms, July month. I have it up for a price that Ive sold one for before (same month). The email reminded me of some people that Ive had at garage sales, where they have actually gotten irate over what stuff is priced at, and they think its ok to make rude comments about how the prices are way too high, are the prices "for real", and nothing will ever sell, etc. Not being helpful, but being stomp around, making passive aggressive comments loudly, mad. I dont understand, because a lot of the time they dont even seem interested in buying anything regardless of its price.
Carly Mahoney

Lora
10-17-2015, 06:53 AM
But why would anyone contact a seller just to say that he or she thinks that the price is to high ?

Ulla Harneit

Brenda
10-17-2015, 10:22 AM
That's too bad.
I know that Teddie Ann is an elderly woman and I've spoken via e-mail to her on a couple of occasions.
I didn't find her to be rude and had some interesting/nice chats.

Not trying to make excuses for anyone but:
Could it possibly be a case of since you (general you) can't see the inflection in an e-mail you don't know how it is meant to come across.

Maybe she wasn't intentionally being rude?? :dunno
Or didn't realize she was coming across to you as being rude...

Sorry this happened to you.
(and yes, anyone has a right to price their items at whatever they want to price them...)

it's not just Carly...I read the email as being rude as well. Just contacting her to say she was overpricing her model is pretty rude, in my opinion.

But why would anyone contact a seller just to say that he or she thinks that the price is to high ?

Ulla Harneit

it's not uncommon.

Sparkle Susan
10-17-2015, 03:29 PM
If a person doesn't like the price of something, all they have to do is not buy it. No need to be rude about it. A seller has the right to price as they see fit.

LadyPhaseCrazy
10-17-2015, 03:43 PM
If a person doesn't like the price of something, all they have to do is not buy it. No need to be rude about it. A seller has the right to price as they see fit.

:yeahthat :yes

Mary
10-17-2015, 07:49 PM
mod note :)

Just a quick reminder ... sometimes it is tempting to speculate on someone's behavior. Discussing the behavior in general terms - such as at garage sales - is allowed, but not specifically to an individual in a transaction.

It would be better to start another thread for the general discussion. Remarks may seem to be about someone specifically, although they were meant generally. :yes

A thread about an individual transaction is really for factual info and helpful suggestions. :thumbsup

Mary
10-17-2015, 07:54 PM
Just in my opinion ... "red light" means "warning do not do business with", as I understand it is commonly understood. I think a "red" light for this behavior is a bit more than I personally would think is warranted. It's annoying, but no harm done. :)

pzp
10-17-2015, 09:40 PM

Ulla Harneit
Because theyʻre rude.

pzp
10-17-2015, 09:42 PM
Just in my opinion ... "red light" means "warning do not do business with", as I understand it is commonly understood. I think a "red" light for this behavior is a bit more than I personally would think is warranted. It's annoying, but no harm done. :)
In my long experience, buyers who behave like this are going to be a problem in some way in the long run. The red light is deserved.

onekindacowboy
10-17-2015, 10:59 PM
IDK some people seem to think "public service" emails are warranted. We have threads on here where people on this board try to inform ebay sellers of pricing wrongs.

lonesome_glory_2007
10-19-2015, 12:54 PM
In my long experience, buyers who behave like this are going to be a problem in some way in the long run. The red light is deserved.

I agree. I'm glad that the OP passed along this information. Someone who behaves in this manner when she is not involved in a transaction is not someone with whom I wish to do business. The light is warranted.

horsefreak
10-19-2015, 06:24 PM
I also agree that itís rude, in this case. Whatís wrong with selling something at market value. I always look at completed listings on evilBay before I list something, and I price my stuff accordingly. If there arenít any completed listings, Iíll make the starting bid at or slightly above cost and let the buyers decide.

Now, telling a seller that a beat up palomino FAS for $100 is way overpriced, now thatís a different story. As long as you say it in a nice way.

VWK'sanEasyGoer
10-19-2015, 07:16 PM
I also agree that it’s rude, in this case. What’s wrong with selling something at market value. I always look at completed listings on evilBay before I list something, and I price my stuff accordingly. If there aren’t any completed listings, I’ll make the starting bid at or slightly above cost and let the buyers decide.

Now, telling a seller that a beat up palomino FAS for $100 is way overpriced, now that’s a different story. As long as you say it in a nice way.

:yeahthat There's a substantial difference between a helpful and informative communication with someone about a model that's priced wrong as often such listings are by those not in the hobby and they really don't know, and then there's a disparaging email with a less than pleasant tone. One is being nice and considering others feelings, one is not.

saddlebredlover
10-19-2015, 10:32 PM
:yeahthat There's a substantial difference between a helpful and informative communication with someone about a model that's priced wrong as often such listings are by those not in the hobby and they really don't know, and then there's a disparaging email with a less than pleasant tone. One is being nice and considering others feelings, one is not.

Very well said! I agree.

Deidre Rogers