PDA

View Full Version : Maybe TOO Many Forums Now?

kafar
07-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Dear Heather and our wonderful moderators,

Just a thought. Perhaps the line has been crossed with TOO many different forums now? When I first joined, I found the places to go and found threads where I had posted before and life was grand.

Lately, I forget where I posted something, can't find a thread where I *know* I was participating, and sometimes I pass right by one of the new forums because I just don't have time to click and see what threads are in it. [Yes, we can call it old age if we want to. Let's call it 50% getting old. :lol]

I adore BLAB. I have sent in my membership fee [first time ever paying to be a member of an internet chat site - Go BLAB! :cheer] and for *me* it is a two-fold opportunity. I love learning new things and I love being able to help others via my own experiences and knowledge. So many hobbiests helped me when I first started, and continue to do so many years later... I enjoy doing the same in return when I can.

But with so many related yet seperate forums I fear I am forgetting to follow up on and/or am bypassing entire sections due to time. I don't fret too much over missing information that might help me... but I do fret over missing an opportunity to help a fellow model horse person looking for input.

So... not complaining, just suggesting. BLAB rocks no matter what, and I know you guys take suggests in the spirit in which they are made. :thumbsup

Thank you Heather! :)
Vikki :D

Prairie Dream
07-15-2005, 03:13 PM
I agree to some extent, like there's a "custom corner" forum, but then there's "studio blab" or I think that's been changed now to "repainting." I'm not always sure where to post photos. Usually I just guess and hope for the best! :wink

mamakaroti
07-15-2005, 03:17 PM
I like the fact that Studio Blab has been broken down into subforums. I think that's helpful.

I kindof see Custom Corner as maybe a place for people who aren't artists to discuss/share customs. But I also see your point--there's definitely some ambiguity/overlap there.

Attaway1
07-18-2005, 05:12 PM
Lately, I forget where I posted something, can't find a thread where I *know* I was participating.

Hi Vikki,
If you go to the User CP at the top of the page it will take you to your personal area and then if you click on subscribed threads it will tell you everything you've responded to and then you can go directly to that thread from there.
Melissa

kafar
07-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Thank you Melissa :)

In theory, that would help... except then I will be locking myself into certain threads. And I do love wandering around Blab. Like a big model horse walk-a-bout. :) If I only go where I have responded, then I may miss new stuff on new threads/areas where I have before only read and pondered.

But I appreciate the suggestion and have tucked that away as useful information. Thanks!
Vikki :)

KatieMcc421
07-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Also another suggestion -

Sometimes even threads you've subscribed to will mysteriously disappear, so if there's a thread that I KNOW I've posted in and I just can't find, I just find another post of mine and click "find recent posts" on the drop-down menu on my username. :D

hi_d_hi
07-18-2005, 07:19 PM
I agree to some extent, like there's a "custom corner" forum, but then there's "studio blab" or I think that's been changed now to "repainting." I'm not always sure where to post photos. Usually I just guess and hope for the best! :wink

I always thought Beginner's Corner and Customs should go in Studio Blab. I like having a difference between customs(plastic, etc) and CM resins. But put them all together.

Merrylegs
07-19-2005, 01:51 PM
I always thought Beginner's Corner and Customs should go in Studio Blab. I like having a difference between customs(plastic, etc) and CM resins. But put them all together.

Great Idea!( I'm using the new icon for no reason :grin .)

paulahecker
07-19-2005, 02:04 PM
I use the NEW POSTS button and then it only gives me active threads.

--Paula

LaughingStockStables
07-19-2005, 02:26 PM
The teen forums have been removed...I wish they weren't.

Graciela
07-20-2005, 08:42 PM
The teen forums were getting very little use, and I think most of the topics could easily fit into the OT section. The less forums the better, really- sometimes too much is too much, especially if they're not being used. *shrug* Just my opinion.

I would also support moving ALL custom-related forums into The Studio section. Then, perhaps these sub-forums:
Customizing (Finishing, Sculpting)
Details (Prepping, Repairing, etc.)
Tackmaking
So, What do you REALLY think?
Beginner's/Artistic Futurity

And for the Show Ring, how about these sub-forums:
Breyerfest (temporary)
NAN (temporary)
NAMHSA
Live Showing (would include all 3- Showing Central, Live Show Alley, Show Reports)
Photo Showing

And in the Performance ring, maybe Performance Showing could be one sub-forum instead of 2 seperate ones for Live + Photo?

And maybe the Board of Inquiry could go up to the Listen Up! section? (The people area...)

One last suggestion- perhaps the Podium should be eliminated? It seems to be an overflow of the Tech Help forum, really... All the important mod messages go in the Arena anyway.

That way, from The Ranch, we can eliminate Custom Corner + Beginner's Corner... I'd also vote for removing the Small Talk- I honestly think anything in there could go into either the Resins or OF or Customs forums.

Thank you for hearing out our suggestions, Heather! Mine are just to save some space and clear things up a bit. :)

samantha k.
07-26-2005, 11:16 AM
*nevermind. :)

unicornwoman
07-27-2005, 08:35 AM
I like the fact that Studio Blab has been broken down into subforums. I think that's helpful.

Me, too. I am lots of yahoo group lists. It gets tiring, sometimes, wading through all the stuff I'm not interested in.

I like the forums where topics are more managable. I'm really happy with the new Performance Junkies forum. Thanks!

DraytonWoods
07-29-2005, 01:11 AM
Yeah, I'm feeling sort of fragmented here myself. There are many options! :D

desertnightcreations
08-15-2005, 09:36 AM
I love all of the new forums.. like melody says, it makes finding interesting stuff easier...