PDA

View Full Version : Stone and returns?

MadHatterDA
11-25-2015, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct spot, but it's a transaction question so thought I would stick it here. I haven't bought from stone in ages but was considering the idea of getting a DAHbdone like my old 1st horse since his colors were simple. I'm not doing it yet was just looking but once I started reading their policies my eyes got huge. Do they no longer take back factory flaw horses?

Stitch
11-25-2015, 05:32 PM
I know they won't do returns for international customers. Are you talking about a straight up return for cash back or a return for a fix type? I think they started doing store credits for cash returns.

DrButterscotch
11-25-2015, 07:09 PM
They have taken things back that were badly flawed, but expect to pay shipping back to them and not have a pleasant experience on the phone explaining why. They are pretty hit or miss on the QC.

Kirstina
11-26-2015, 09:13 AM
I've had to send back two for repairs this year. One was a OOAK and one was a DAH. The return form still comes in the box with your model. You have a limited amount of time, something like 5 days I think, to contact them and get a return order put in. After that, I'm not sure if they would do a return/repair. You do have to pay the shipping to get the model back to them, but I don't think you have to pay shipping to get it back (in U. S. anyway).

What I do is I try to inspect the model as soon as it arrives. When I have found flaws that I can't live with (only twice out of many orders), I take photos of the flaws and email their customer service with the photos and a brief description of the problem. I don't think they will do returns/repairs on tiny flaws, like dust or small lint under the gloss, or even a small rub or black mark on a foot/leg or something like that. If you are worried about getting a perfectly LSQ model, then it is a bit of a crapshoot. But if you get a model with an obvious problem, they haven't given me any trouble about getting it repaired. It does take a while to get the model back though (6-8 weeks). The repairs done to my two models were very well done.

Hope that helps! :toothy