PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dealing with Elyse Vick?

Ezkabach
12-04-2015, 03:40 PM
I bought a model from her on Nov. 23 and as far as I know, has not shipped yet. I believe she has mostly greens, but she has not responded to my email I sent asking if she has shipped yet 3 days ago. I'm just wondering if everything is alright. Maybe I'm overreacting! She seemed really nice. It was just a lot of money and I'm used to my sellers shipping within 3 days or so of purchase.

Thanks!
Shelby Williams

breyergram
12-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Hi! I joined this forum specifically to post on this thread, haha. I was doing some digging on her and I know previously on the facebook group she has gotten greens and generally has a good reputation. However, I bought a horse the Wednesday before Thanksgiving (11/25) and we've had really good communication throughout this whole process but like you said, it's been well over a week and she has not shipped.

I asked when she would be able to and she said hopefully this week, but today I got a message that she was leaving instagram (where I bought the horse) and to contact her through email. The whole thing makes me a little wary but I'm hoping she gets the horses in the mail today or tomorrow!

Rachel Leslie

Ezkabach
12-05-2015, 11:34 AM
Hi Rachel,

Maybe she has really been booked these last couple weeks since we bought horses around the same time from her and she hasn't shipped either of them. She does have greens across the board but I wish she would reply to my emails so I know what's happening! I'd just really like to get my horse before Christmas. I'll send her another email and ask if everything is okay.

Shelby Williams

Ezkabach
12-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Hi! I joined this forum specifically to post on this thread, haha. I was doing some digging on her and I know previously on the facebook group she has gotten greens and generally has a good reputation. However, I bought a horse the Wednesday before Thanksgiving (11/25) and we've had really good communication throughout this whole process but like you said, it's been well over a week and she has not shipped.

I asked when she would be able to and she said hopefully this week, but today I got a message that she was leaving instagram (where I bought the horse) and to contact her through email. The whole thing makes me a little wary but I'm hoping she gets the horses in the mail today or tomorrow!

Rachel Leslie

Rachel,

Bumping this because I haven't had my horse shipped yet still and was wondering if she has shipped yours? She did indicate that she had been sick and was trying to ship this week but I have not heard from her in a few days again. Hoping she ships before the postal service goes to hell and a hand basket for the holidays. :(

Shelby Williams

muggyscugglemeyer
12-09-2015, 04:53 PM
I bought a model from her around the same time that you guys bought yours. She kept telling me that it shipped, but would never provide a tracking number. I opened a Paypal claim against her, and that got her attention. Didn't take long after that for my model to arrive. I would suggest the same procedure if you guys paid through Paypal.

Margaret Loesch

breyergram
12-09-2015, 05:59 PM
Shelby - she told me yesterday she was shipping mine today, and also mentioned that she was ill and was unable to for a while (which I wish had been communicated to me.) Just contacted and asked if she had a tracking number for me. I'll let you know what happens.

Rachel Leslie

Ezkabach
12-10-2015, 11:52 AM
She told me she attempted to ship on Monday but his box was too big for the self shipping dock or whatever those are called, and then told me she would ship him hopefully on Tuesday. I have not heard from her. Please let me know if she gives you a tracking number.

I really would not like to file a paypal claim as I've never had to do that before...but I dropped a considerable amount of money on this horse. I am going to let her know I mean to file a claim should my horse not ship by Tuesday.

Shelby Williams

BuckR.
12-10-2015, 12:01 PM
She told me she attempted to ship on Monday but his box was too big for the self shipping dock or whatever those are called, and then told me she would ship him hopefully on Tuesday. I have not heard from her. Please let me know if she gives you a tracking number.

I really would not like to file a paypal claim as I've never had to do that before...but I dropped a considerable amount of money on this horse. I am going to let her know I mean to file a claim should my horse not ship by Tuesday.

Shelby Williams

Okay, really?! Huh? So it's too big for the dock, and she goes home? Why didn't she just go up to the desk at the PO (or Fed-ex, or UPS, and wherever she was shipping him), and drop it off there? Or schedule a USPS pickup. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, but that makes no sense.

Ezkabach
12-10-2015, 12:08 PM
Okay, really?! Huh? So it's too big for the dock, and she goes home? Why didn't she just go up to the desk at the PO (or Fed-ex, or UPS, and wherever she was shipping him), and drop it off there? Or schedule a USPS pickup. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, but that makes no sense.

I thought that sounded fishy, but like everyone here I want to give her the benefit of the doubt too. She has greens and no reason to ruin her good reputation. But...I've never had to wait this long for my model to ship or deal with any of this. Never had to make a Blab post, never had to file a claim and honestly it's all very upsetting to me :(

BuckR.
12-10-2015, 12:13 PM
If it were me, I would email her, and let her know that if you do not receive a tracking number within 2-3 days, you will have no other choice but to open a Paypal dispute.

You have given her plenty of time, and you do want to give her a little more, but then that's it. That dock excuse sounds too odd to me anyway. Hopefully that will get her attention. Also, did you have her create an invoice when you paid her? How did you do that? Hope it goes well!

breyergram
12-10-2015, 12:42 PM
After feeling like I hounded her for days, I finally got a valid tracking number this morning but I felt like it took a considerable amount of initiation on my part. Last night I asked for it and she told me she had misplaced the receipt which I really didn't believe but the one I got this morning seems good.

I would agree with BuckR and use a paypal claim if she does not ship by a concrete date you agree on. I agree that a lot of the excuses we are receiving are fishy. It's been a really unpleasant transaction.

Ezkabach
12-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Okay. Thanks for the updates and advice everyone. After I get home from my evening class tonight, if I haven't heard from her from the previous email I sent this morning, I will give her a 2-3 day time frame to ship my horse or I will file a claim. :( I hope she just sends it. If she really did attempt to ship him earlier then she must have him already packed up and ready so hopefully this will give her motivation to hop down to the post office. $125 might not seem like a lot to some people but that was money I saved up over months and months to be able to buy myself something nice. I just want my horse.

Shelby Williams

Brenda
12-10-2015, 01:10 PM
Okay. Thanks for the updates and advice everyone. After I get home from my evening class tonight, if I haven't heard from her from the previous email I sent this morning, I will give her a 2-3 day time frame to ship my horse or I will file a claim. :( I hope she just sends it. If she really did attempt to ship him earlier then she must have him already packed up and ready so hopefully this will give her motivation to hop down to the post office. $125 might not seem like a lot to some people but that was money I saved up over months and months to be able to buy myself something nice. I just want my horse.

Shelby Williams

Good luck, Shelby. And it's not the money, it's the principle. You earned the money to buy the horse and it's your money. You sent it to someone and have every right to expect to get an item you pay for. Doesn't matter if it cost $1 or $10,000!

Ezkabach
12-10-2015, 09:30 PM
Thanks everyone. I just sent her an email stating that if she does not have my horse in the mail by Tuesday and provide a valid tracking number I will be forced to file a claim, since she did not respond to my previous email this morning asking if she shipped. I will update this thread when I next hear from her. I hope she just sends him.

Shelby Williams

breyergram
12-12-2015, 11:17 AM
I got my horse today & he was just as described and packed well. I hope you get yours worked out soon, I don't know why she couldn't have sent them out in the same trip! Good luck- hopefully a claim will get the process moving.

Rachel Leslie

Ezkabach
12-12-2015, 12:57 PM
I got my horse today & he was just as described and packed well. I hope you get yours worked out soon, I don't know why she couldn't have sent them out in the same trip! Good luck- hopefully a claim will get the process moving.

Rachel Leslie

Okay. Considering you bought yours after I bought mine, albeit only a couple of days which doesn't matter, that kind of makes me a little mad.

She has not responded to the email I sent on Thursday when I set the date I will file a claim should my horse not be mailed. Still no tracking number, no horse. I paid for shipping on this horse, I expect to have it shipped in a timely manner. ugh! Well I'm glad you got your horse at least and I hope mine arrives in good condition too, if it does.

Ezkabach
12-14-2015, 05:16 PM
Update;

It has been a week since I last heard from her now and I have sent 3 emails. One asking if she had shipped, the second notifying her of my intentions to open a dispute, and a third asking her to please contact me to let me know at least what is going on.

Nothing from her still. So I bit the bullet and opened a paypal dispute. I have until January 3rd to escalate it into a claim if I don't hear from her. I hope she just ships so I can have my horse and I won't have to give her red lights. I'd rather have the horse than the money :(

I just don't understand why she couldn't ship my horse when she shipped Rachel's? I don't know. I'm really hoping this gets resolved without PayPal having to step in. I'll update this thread continually until I either receive my horse or a full refund.

Shelby Williams

breyergram
12-14-2015, 07:19 PM
I know that this is so frustrating. I've seen her active today on Instagram so it's not like she's away from the internet where she can see your emails. I think it's so confusing as to why she can't ship them all out on the same trip, I don't know why sending some and not sending the others is effective at all for her.

I hope for you that the dispute gets her moving. You shouldn't have to worry about not getting a horse you paid for :(

Mary
12-15-2015, 05:51 PM
Mod heads-up - How tempting it is to speculate on what other people are thinking/doing! ;) But on TTB please just confine the discussion to what we know has been done or said. Thanks! :)

Ezkabach
12-15-2015, 06:57 PM
Mary, I'm trying to keep it to what I know. I just hope she is OK, seeing as she has had a good reputation. I don't like to speculate, and considering this is my first time going through something like this, I guess I'm just not sure how to react to it all or how to handle it best.

Update: I just read an email from her. She said she hasn't had access to her email and just saw the paypal dispute and I have no need to worry, she sent him out. She said she would give me a tracking number today but, I have not received it. Hopefully she gets it to me. I'll update when I get said tracking number.

Shelby Williams

Ezkabach
12-15-2015, 09:33 PM
Well she gave me the tracking number after I asked for it again, everything seems valid and good to go. But honestly I'm not nearly as concerned as I was, the horse is expected to be delivered by Saturday as it is 3-day mail. Considering Rachel's horse arrived safe and sound, I don't think I have much reason to worry.

I did let her know that for some reason should he not arrive by January 3rd I'll escalate the case to a claim but, thankfully, I don't think it will come to that. I will post lights and everything once the horse arrives.

Thank god it seems to be over!

Shelby Williams

Eviejean
12-16-2015, 01:56 PM
Shelby, and ANYONE who opens a PayPal dispute
Please make sure you do not close your dispute UNTIL your model arrives!

I don't know this seller and I know you want to give your seller the benefit of the doubt
But it is very easy for anyone to SAY they have shipped a package...

However, if you close your dispute because you were TOLD the model was shipped and then it never arrives,
you cannot re-open the dispute or open a new one for the same item.

Just an FYI.

And Good Luck, hope everything is finally taken care of for you!

Ezkabach
12-16-2015, 02:50 PM

I don't know this seller and I know you want to give your seller the benefit of the doubt

However, if you close your dispute because you were TOLD the model was shipped and then it never arrives,

Just an FYI.

This is very good advice! I definitely still have the dispute open and told her if he does not arrive by January 3rd (which is my dispute date limit) I'll escalate it to a claim. It will not be closed until I have the horse I bought in my hands.

Thank you!

Shelby Williams

Brenda
12-16-2015, 03:39 PM
Well she gave me the tracking number after I asked for it again, everything seems valid and good to go. But honestly I'm not nearly as concerned as I was, the horse is expected to be delivered by Saturday as it is 3-day mail. Considering Rachel's horse arrived safe and sound, I don't think I have much reason to worry.

I did let her know that for some reason should he not arrive by January 3rd I'll escalate the case to a claim but, thankfully, I don't think it will come to that. I will post lights and everything once the horse arrives.

Thank god it seems to be over!

Shelby Williams

Just an FYI.

This is very good advice! I definitely still have the dispute open and told her if he does not arrive by January 3rd (which is my dispute date limit) I'll escalate it to a claim. It will not be closed until I have the horse I bought in my hands.

Thank you!

Shelby Williams

I'm glad it finally seems to be coming to an end, Shelby, but I would like to comment on the "posting the lights" you mentioned...in my opinion, the seller deserves no better than hot yellow lights for all the runaround she's put you through. Even if the model is in pristine shape she doesn't deserve green lights. It is, of course, up to you, but I wouldn't give her anything better than yellow for what she's put you through.

breyergram
12-16-2015, 07:51 PM
She's gotten yellows from me and some others on the FB transaction board. With taking so long to ship I couldn't possibly give a green and basically ignore the fact that it took weeks to get to me. Far too much stress and worrying to be anywhere near a pleasant transaction.

Glad it's finally on the way to you Shelby!! :D

Ezkabach
12-20-2015, 03:38 PM
So the horse finally arrived today (Thankful for USPS holiday delivery on Sundays) and just like Rachels, was wrapped very nicely and in perfect condition. Just wish he would have arrived a month ago.

I think this issue is resolved and I am grateful all of us who recently had problems with her got our horses and didn't have to go through with a claim.

Thanks everyone who gave me advice on what to do :) I love blabbers!

Shelby Williams

Mary
12-20-2015, 10:30 PM
Here's a link to the new thread (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?169763-Yellowed-Greens-for-Elyse-Vick) ... closing this one, all discussion should go to the new thread. :)