PDA

View Full Version : Yellowed Greens for Elyse Vick

Ezkabach
12-20-2015, 03:42 PM
As many of you know, I entered a transaction with Elyse on the 23rd of November of this year. I paid immediately that day.

After almost a month of going 5-7 days at a time without answering my emails and some mild excuses, I opened a PayPal dispute and then she shipped my horse that very day. The horse arrived in perfect condition on Dec. 20th and just as described but, I would not deal with her again due to her general reluctance to ship. She did however seem very nice and pleasant and was never rude with me.

Just glad I got my horse.

Shelby Williams

Breyer Fire
12-20-2015, 09:58 PM
I don't know why it takes some people so long to ship. I read so many posts about shipping problems. Unless it is a freshly painted custom, if it is for sale, that baby should be boxed and ready to slap on a shipping label to GO!

Mary
12-20-2015, 10:31 PM
Here's the link to the original thread. (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?169508-Anyone-dealing-with-Elyse-Vick) That one is now closed and all discussion can occur in this thread. :)

WPDR
12-20-2015, 10:31 PM
I had a similar problem but I did a trade.

Brenda
12-20-2015, 11:24 PM
I don't know why it takes some people so long to ship. I read so many posts about shipping problems. Unless it is a freshly painted custom, if it is for sale, that baby should be boxed and ready to slap on a shipping label to GO!

:agreed. If you expect the money immediately you should be willing to ship immediately. And if there's a specific reason why you can't ship right away, other than it being a custom job, then you shouldn't list things for sale.

Lora
12-21-2015, 05:56 AM
:agreed. If you expect the money immediately you should be willing to ship immediately. And if there's a specific reason why you can't ship right away, other than it being a custom job, then you shouldn't list things for sale.

so if you work full time , the same time than the opening hours of the post office you should not sell ? I think a seller should communicate if she or he can't ship next day but I don't see any reason why I should stop selling models just because I can only ship in saturdays. Also if you list models on MH$P, Facebook, Blab BIN E-bay it can happen that you don't have time the next day after a buyer sends you money.

Ulla Harneit

summerwinds
12-21-2015, 07:19 AM
I do my best to ship next day, but I also teach in a high school. My day starts before my post office opens and half the time I unexpectedly have students staying after till after the post office closes. It can make shipping a challenge. But I am always good about communicating with my buyers about their items. If I plan to ship on a monday and sonething comes up to prevent that shipment going out, the buyer gets an email immediately letting them know what happened and that package goes out Tuesday no matter what. If it can't go out tuesday for some reason, I am up front about it and will let them know the next day I can get their model shipped, and why I have the delay. Then I make sure I don't miss my next opportunity. I get things cone up. Especially now that I have the job I do. It was much easier when i worked in office with flex hours and could mail things over my lunch hour.

MustangGina
12-21-2015, 01:35 PM
I work a full time job and I ship on my lunch breaks. I drive to a post office 10 miles from my office (it's in a small town) and I generally ship within 2 days. It can be done. I ship on Saturdays when necessary even though the Post Office is in the next town over and is only open from 10 to 11. If I have an issue, I let the buyer know about it long before it becomes a problem. A month is entirely too long to wait to ship an item.

idyourbreyer
12-21-2015, 03:21 PM
I try to ship the next day, but then I have a LOT of time on my hands. I have no problem with a seller saying that she can only ship on Saturdays or the like as long as she's up front with it. (And I'm sure you are, Ulla). If those were the terms of the sale then I have no right to expect next day shipping. The problem for me is when it's not shipped on time and there's no communication or when the seller lies about when it will/has been shipped. Thank goodness there's Paypal to use as a big stick and a way to get our money back!

Eviejean
12-21-2015, 04:09 PM
In my eBay listings, my handling timeframe is two days (in case something should possibly come up) but I NORMALLY ship the day I receive payment or the following day.

IMHO, Communication is the key to a successful transaction. If my seller explains they can only ship on certain days, I can understand that.
Or if you have an unexpected problem and you communicate the delay with your buyer, that's a short delay that can be understood.

But to be strung along and say they have shipped when they haven't... :grump or to leave your buyer hanging with no merchandise and no contact?
Totally unacceptable! A MONTH is outrageous, especially with no contact from the seller.

Ezkabach
12-21-2015, 05:23 PM
IMO, being strung along is the worst. And getting excuses, lies, etc. A month was ridiculous. I've had sellers before that took a couple weeks to ship but had very good reasoning and had contact with me about it almost every day. It doesn't matter if it takes more than a couple days, as long as it is a relatively short delay and you don't lie about it or make excuses that seem ridiculous as well. Especially if the buyer pays shipping...like, you've been paid extra to box up the horse you had for sale and ship it. But anyways, it's better than dealing with a fraudulent seller. I just wish we didn't have to deal with anything like this in such a pleasant hobby.

Mary
12-21-2015, 06:50 PM
I tell buyers that I am a slow shipper, and give the latest likely ship time (such as "later next week"). I put it in the ad and repeat it again when answering inquiries. My best intention is to ship next day, but many interruptions and derails of the daily plan can interfere, day after day.

If someone can't ship right away it is simply about setting expectations before the buyer commits. That gives the buyer the option to wave off if a shipping delay doesn't work for them. At some point a buyer will come along who is ok with it. :)

fergus59
12-21-2015, 08:13 PM
If someone is interested in one of my models that I have listed for sale , I always try and let them know that if they buy it today , I cannot get to the PO until such and such a day - I have had inquiries on Friday and sold models but let them know I cannot get to the PO until Monday or possibly Tuesday - and have offered to hold the model and they can pay me on Sunday via Paypal if they want. I work in a shipping department and don't always have enough packing / boxes here at the house . Communication is the best way to go no matter what .

MartyUK
12-22-2015, 10:14 AM
As long as a seller says they can't ship until a certain time I'm fine with that. Communication is key. :)

turningthebarrel
12-22-2015, 10:40 AM
I work 60-70 weeks right now, not including my model horse store, or tack business, and I generally can get my boxes out within 2 business days thanks to home pickup from USPS. :) I will admit, life does occasionally get in my way, but when I'm delayed, I try and let the buyer know as soon as I can. I hardly ever have any issues in this area with my customers! Except for this morning...haha. A buyer purchased 2 horses on Ebay this morning, I printed out the labels for their departure first thing tomorrow, and THEN I get a message from them demanding that I ship today, since they need it on Thursday. Well, seeing how I work a 12 hr day today, I won't be able to make that deadline. They aren't too happy with me right now, but I can't do anything more! :sad

horsefreak
12-22-2015, 02:05 PM
I work 60-70 weeks right now, not including my model horse store, or tack business, and I generally can get my boxes out within 2 business days thanks to home pickup from USPS. :) I will admit, life does occasionally get in my way, but when I'm delayed, I try and let the buyer know as soon as I can. I hardly ever have any issues in this area with my customers! Except for this morning...haha. A buyer purchased 2 horses on Ebay this morning, I printed out the labels for their departure first thing tomorrow, and THEN I get a message from them demanding that I ship today, since they need it on Thursday. Well, seeing how I work a 12 hr day today, I won't be able to make that deadline. They aren't too happy with me right now, but I can't do anything more! :sad

Someone expects you to ship it the same day. Ummm…that’s crazy.

Princesstriage
12-25-2015, 02:15 PM
Someone did their Christmas shopping a little late and wanted Chelsea to bale them out.

I'm ok with slow shipping/delayed shipping if a seller is up front/honest about their needs or that something came up. If it's up front then it was agreed upon when you entered the transaction. If it's a delay then life happens and there's nothing to do about it but try your best to communicate. I sold 3 horses to muggy a few months ago then was taken down by a nasty bug. I shot her a PM and let her know I wanted to hold off on handling the horses so as to try to not spread the germs,but that I would get them out ASAP.

Brenda
12-25-2015, 06:49 PM
I never said you can't sell if you don't ship immediately, but you shouldn't just do it whenever you feel like it because you just can't get yourself to the post office and can't be bothered to do it sooner than a month after the sale. If I buy something online now, my money is taken now. eBay and MH$P sellers usually require their payment within a certain amount of time or they will file non-payer or post red lights on whatever group they use for that. I don't think sellers should be allowed to take my money now then mail my item whenever they feel like it. If I buy from a regular merchant like Amazon, I can choose the speed with which to get my item usually, but they still can't ship it "whenever".

If I'm buying something from eBay, the only time I buy somethig with an extended shipping time is if it's coming from Japan. I just don't think it's right for "you" to require me to pay right now, but you can take two weeks before you even consider shipping. I know my opinion isn't a popular one and that's fine. I'm entitled to mine and you guys are entitled to yours. :)

If it's up front and understood that shipping will be delayed or if there's a sudden issue that came up, that's a different matter entirely.

Princesstriage
12-25-2015, 07:27 PM
Naw, it's understood Brenda. At least, I can understand. The longer someone waits to ship something the more likely something can go wrong. Misplaced, Broken, Mis-shipped, forgotten, life takes a nasty turn and things just go wrong... etc.

Would much rather have shorter shipping times, and when shopping online I'm usually gauging what's going on (holidays or no) where it's shipping from and trying to estimate expected shipping time based on their handling time quotes myself. If I'm buying something time sensitive (like I did with my Dad's gift this year, I cut it kind of close) I need to know if I even stand a shot of getting it in my hands or not before I'll click the buy button.

But, good communication can help deal with any issues that may come up, whatever they may be... and good communication can cool frustrations. Granted, a month long delay is a bit on the long side to delay shipping an item.

breyergram
12-26-2015, 12:08 AM
The issue I had with Elyse is the fact that there was no communication that wasn't initiated by me when I bought from her. I totally agree that if you're ready to sell then you should be ready to ship, I personally have a 3 business day handling period, but as long as you are being clear with the buyer as to when it was going to be shipped I wouldn't mind waiting longer, especially if it is stated in the ad or being told that before purchasing it.

Going off of something that Princesstriage mentioned, something that came up with this seller was her getting sick. But... it only came up after I sent her a DM and asked her about when my horse was going to be shipped. Then I got the reason of her being sick, but this was never mentioned to me. I am totally lenient and forgivable with this stuff because WHO is going to get out and ship when they are sick, and spread all those germs to the buyer, right? But when you have buyers waiting when it had already been a week and a half to two weeks since purchasing with very little contact is where the issue comes in. By the time she told me she had been sick she was already better with no talking to me within that week-ish time period after me buying my horse.

If she had told me from the beginning that it was going to take two weeks to ship from the get go then I would be okay with it, but my main issue here is the lack of communication to me on her end.

Eviejean
12-26-2015, 11:32 AM
I never said you can't sell if you don't ship immediately, but you shouldn't just do it whenever you feel like it because you just can't get yourself to the post office and can't be bothered to do it sooner than a month after the sale. If I buy something online now, my money is taken now. eBay and MH$P sellers usually require their payment within a certain amount of time or they will file non-payer or post red lights on whatever group they use for that. I don't think sellers should be allowed to take my money now then mail my item whenever they feel like it. If I buy from a regular merchant like Amazon, I can choose the speed with which to get my item usually, but they still can't ship it "whenever".

If I'm buying something from eBay, the only time I buy somethig with an extended shipping time is if it's coming from Japan. I just don't think it's right for "you" to require me to pay right now, but you can take two weeks before you even consider shipping. I know my opinion isn't a popular one and that's fine. I'm entitled to mine and you guys are entitled to yours. :)

If it's up front and understood that shipping will be delayed or if there's a sudden issue that came up, that's a different matter entirely.

:yeahthat
Have to agree with you Brenda.
If I'm ready to take your $$ and sell, I should be ready to ship the item you bought!
(Or at least communicate why I'm not shipping within my stated time frame)

Ezkabach
12-26-2015, 10:29 PM
The issue I had with Elyse is the fact that there was no communication that wasn't initiated by me when I bought from her. I totally agree that if you're ready to sell then you should be ready to ship, I personally have a 3 business day handling period, but as long as you are being clear with the buyer as to when it was going to be shipped I wouldn't mind waiting longer, especially if it is stated in the ad or being told that before purchasing it.

Going off of something that Princesstriage mentioned, something that came up with this seller was her getting sick. But... it only came up after I sent her a DM and asked her about when my horse was going to be shipped. Then I got the reason of her being sick, but this was never mentioned to me. I am totally lenient and forgivable with this stuff because WHO is going to get out and ship when they are sick, and spread all those germs to the buyer, right? But when you have buyers waiting when it had already been a week and a half to two weeks since purchasing with very little contact is where the issue comes in. By the time she told me she had been sick she was already better with no talking to me within that week-ish time period after me buying my horse.

If she had told me from the beginning that it was going to take two weeks to ship from the get go then I would be okay with it, but my main issue here is the lack of communication to me on her end.

This is basically my issue I had, I had to initiate all contact through the entire process. Except, of course, right after I filed a paypal dispute and she was quick to respond afterwards as well as ship the day I filed it suddenly. She did tell me she was sick, but that was only after a week after buying the horse. It then took her another three to ship. I was very sympathetic and wished her well but I also got excuses after that like his box being too large to ship? Yeah. She is a very nice person but I don't think she considers the unwritten rules of selling models to be of importance.