PDA

View Full Version : Very Orangey Yellows for ebay seller kjsblueribbon

JohyH
12-29-2015, 05:44 PM
On November 28th I won an auction on Ebay for a gorgeous sorrel standing Stone Drafter. The pictures didn't show any flaws and he had a BIN so I bought him, excited to find a LSQ model at such a good price. December 10th the model arrived. The packaging was good (almost too good!) but even as I was unwrapping him I could see a Very Large paint flaw/scratch on his leg. When I get him all the way open I see that it is Definitely a factory paint flaw. It looked like someone rubbed a finger through his paint while it was still wet. I looked back at the pictures and you could definitely Not see the flaw. I emailed the seller expressing my disappointment and that I felt the model had been specifically positioned as to not show the flaw and that I would like to return it. The seller replied that she had been a collector for many years and the model didn't have any flaws that she saw. She said she would refund my money but I would be responsible for the cost of shipping. Before I could even reply she wrote again and insinuated that perhaps I had the same model and the flawed one was mine and I was trying to cheat her out of a LSQ horse! So when I replied I told her if she was a collector for so long, that she should have seen the Very Obvious Factory Flaw, and that since she was now accusing me of trying to commit fraud I would let Ebay handle the matter. And they did. They sent me a shipping label, I sent the horse back and got my refund (But not until Christmas Day!!) at no additional cost but I would not recommend this seller. The whole ordeal was a PITA. Especially so close to the holidays.

Oh, I was just on Ebay looking for his replacement (literally right before I came and wrote this) when I saw she has him listed again, this time at almost Half of what I paid, but now states he has a factory flaw. So if anyone is looking for a reasonably priced Drafter body he's there.
Johannah Harris-Spencer

Mary
12-30-2015, 12:29 AM
I am glad it is all concluded and you came out ok.

It would be very interesting to see photos - screenshots of the ad for that area, and photos of the model you rec'd. Just to fill out the story as you've resolved the issue, not truly necessary, of course. :)

BuckR.
12-30-2015, 12:42 AM
I can see the flaw in the eBay picture. Looks very noticeable to me, and would definitely not be something I'd want in my model. Sorry this happened to you!

Silverfang07
12-30-2015, 12:59 AM
I'd be happy to buy it as a body but my current monetary situation says noooo.... :doh
I see the flaw I think... Certainly something looks off! :0

Mary
12-30-2015, 11:16 AM
Has someone taken a screenshot? The link would be good to provide as well, but of course it will go away. :) It's already done, of course, but it's helpful to readers.

JohyH
12-30-2015, 03:51 PM
I don't know how to take a screen shot or I would :-(

Here is the link to the current auction http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Peter-Stone-Standing-Drafter-Sorrel-with-White-Red-Bobs/321958623432?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1% 26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D5699640c47d840bb9c 5849fc2e4ef580%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%2 6sd%3D321958623432

And here are the pictures I took immediately upon opening the horse

I guess most importantly is I learned a lesson. Don't buy Stones unless I get to see them in hand or they have many, many pictures. I've avoided buying from the company because reading the DAH thread gave me the heebie jeebies.

Silverfang07
12-30-2015, 03:57 PM
Eek! That's not what I was looking at (clearly I'm seeing things :lol )

At least it was the horse advertised... I somehow got Kong instead of a CB and seller never responded :sigh

JohyH
12-30-2015, 05:24 PM
Well, looking back at the pictures (very closely!) I can see the very, very, edge of it but I believe at the time I thought it was part of the striped background. It's really not so much the damaged horse that bothered me but the immediate rudeness that occurred when I contacted her about it. I was originally thinking of just acing her for a partial refund but when she insinuated I was trying to cheat her I just wanted to be done with it. It really is too bad about that spot because other than that he was just lovely. His color and shading were SO nice....

JoeCool
12-30-2015, 05:49 PM
what is it these days that yet another ebay seller is using the 'you're trying to scam me and trying to swap models' excuse. this is not the first time in recent months an ebay buyer has reported this on blab, from different ebay sellers and it's becoming a bit of a worry.

MustangGina
12-31-2015, 03:04 PM
Because it's been done quite a bit. I've had an instance where I sold a horse and the buyer reported damage I never saw when the horse was in hand. I took the return but to this day believe she switched the horses. I have no proof however so I simply blocked that bidder and let it go. The horse in question on this thread is one of the original Standers that was released if memory serves and I don't remember seeing any that were perfect. That is a pretty glaring flaw though! I am glad it worked out.

BuckR.
12-31-2015, 03:06 PM
Because it's been done quite a bit. I've had an instance where I sold a horse and the buyer reported damage I never saw when the horse was in hand. I took the return but to this day believe she switched the horses. I have no proof however so I simply blocked that bidder and let it go. The horse in question on this thread is one of the original Standers that was released if memory serves and I don't remember seeing any that were perfect. That is a pretty glaring flaw though! I am glad it worked out.

Yes, and that's the problem too. eBay ALWAYS sides with the buyers, so there isn't any way to protect yourself as a seller from such things.

Stitch
12-31-2015, 03:31 PM
Hardly noticeable? Very noticeable to someone who collects stones. Furthermore, the auction should be updated with photos of the flaw. You can notice the edge of the flaw as stated above but fails to show off the rest of the problem.

Silverfang07
12-31-2015, 08:03 PM
I looked at the new auction and didn't see the flaw- not a good thing even if it's mentioned...
Wish I could afford him- yeah he's "cheap" but alas even that's too much right now. Hmmmm.

Eviejean
12-31-2015, 10:57 PM
Yes, and that's the problem too. eBay ALWAYS sides with the buyers, so there isn't any way to protect yourself as a seller from such things.
The only way to protect yourself as a seller is with LOTS and LOTS of photos, PLUS a good luck charm and crossed fingers... (holding up my sarcasm sign.) :grin

BuckR.
12-31-2015, 11:13 PM
The only way to protect yourself as a seller is with LOTS and LOTS of photos, PLUS a good luck charm and crossed fingers... (holding up my sarcasm sign.) :grinSeems that's all you can do. But if a buyer what's to swap a flawed horse for your mint one, you still can't stop them. Remember, the horse could always get 'damaged' in the mail. You really can't win. :somad