PDA

View Full Version : Cautious Yellows for Jenn Joseph



BuckR.
01-01-2016, 11:29 PM
Cautious Yellows for Jenn Joseph

Jenn contacted me in an ad I had for horses that I was looking for. I mentioned in the ad that I had Conn. Breyers for trade. She asked if I had Scallywag. I told her that I did not, but that I would purchase him for her if she wanted me too. She agreed, and asked if I wanted anything in trade, or if I would sell Scallywag outright. I did not see anything that I needed as a trade, so I agreed to sell her Scallywag. She wanted to pay for him right away as he was to be a Christmas gift, but I asked that she wait as I wanted to be sure that he arrived in mint condition to me before I sold him to her. She said that that was fine, but she wanted me to keep her posted. I did. She asked if my asking price for Scallywag would include shipping. I said that was fine., and she agreed to the sale.

I told her that I would not be able to get Scallywag in time for Christmas. She was fine with that. So I purchased Scallywag. When he arrived, he was mint, He had some very small black dots, and a few shiny marks, but was excellent otherwise. I sent her eight pictures of him. She said that she liked him, but she needed more pictures (specific angles), and a exact detail as to his wear. I sent her eight more pictures of him, and told her about the black dots and shiny marks.

Then she messaged me back and said that he was excellent and she liked him very much, but that she had decided that she was going to wait on him. She no longer wanted him. She said that she didn't want to offer less than what I asked.

I have invested a lot of time, effort, and money, and having her back out like this was not fair to me. Now I have a horse that cost me hundreds of dollars, and I need to figure out what to do with him. Jenn has more want ads posted online, and I just want to warn sellers to be careful when dealing with her. She is a very nice person, and I'm and very disappointed that this ended this way. In the future, I will ask for non-refundable deposits on horses such as this. Lesson learned.

~ Shannen "Buck" Regan

pzp
01-01-2016, 11:33 PM
I had this kind of thing happen to me, which led to my search rule of 35% down, non-refundable, before I'd even begin a search, much less purchase the horse. On a high-dollar horse I'd get a bigger deposit up front.

BuckR.
01-01-2016, 11:42 PM
I had this kind of thing happen to me, which led to my search rule of 35% down, non-refundable, before I'd even begin a search, much less purchase the horse. On a high-dollar horse I'd get a bigger deposit up front.
I just don't know why I didn't think of that until now! :dohWould have made my time worthwhile, and it isn't unreasonable. Now, if the horse arrived damaged to me, I would have refunded her, but backing out after a special order is not fair to me. I am not a department store! I'm a small business, and I just can't invest in a sale like that, and end up with nothing.