PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy from World of Model Horses LLC?

kcpkaptivating
01-07-2016, 10:31 AM
I'm interested in doing a Breyerfest pick up through them, but I would need to order by the end of January. I just want to make sure they are trust worthy before I fork over money through paypal that may not be refundable. Thanks in advance everyone!

Kaitlin P.

Brenda
01-07-2016, 10:51 AM
Is it just a deposit or would you need to give them the whole amount by the end of January? If it's the whole amount, I'd be hesitant to "hire" them since the prices aren't out yet and won't be for a couple of months. If it's just a deposit, I guess it would depend on how much the deposit is.

emt8134
01-07-2016, 11:08 AM
They are high on prices on everything. My suggestion would be to find someone reputable here on blab instead.

kcpkaptivating
01-07-2016, 01:27 PM
I would normally go through blab, but I just want the celebration horse and their price, with international shipping, is cheaper than buying the ticket.
I think they are asking for the whole amount. Thanks everyone for the advice. I will look at blab pickups too. Do you think the price on the secondhand market will jump sky high for the celebration horse?

NJHeart2Heart
01-07-2016, 01:47 PM
I think the celebration horse is going to be popular since it's a new mold that won't be released for a few years after BF - although they will have a lot of them, so maybe not so bad?

Kim G
01-07-2016, 02:53 PM
I got several Breyerfest horses from them last year. They were able to get me all the ones I wanted and they were packed well when they shipped them to me. They may be a bit more, but I think they are reliable and that is worth something!

Lupineleigh
01-07-2016, 03:46 PM
I can verify that they are trustworthy for regular model orders. I purchased the SM deluxe barn from them back in November during the Black Friday sale and got it about a week before Christmas. The price I paid for it was a dollar cheaper, including shipping, than any other online store at the time. I also preordered the BF celebration model and sent a question about buying a BF ticket separately to get the model and received a reply, which I will share below. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. :shrug

I think the Breyerfest pickup service they're offering, which requires a hundred dollar deposit, is just to guarantee you will get models. I may not like enough BF models to justify the deposit now so I am going to wait and see. I think that means, since I won't be on the BF buyer list, that I will only get the opportunity to purchase extra or unwanted BF models on the website, and if there aren't any leftovers, then the only BF model I will get is the celebration one I've already preordered. I think that is what it means.

Here's the message I sent in my order

Order Instructions:
Do I need to buy a Breyerfest ticket from Breyer on my own, and if so should I send it to you to redeem for this model? I'm not planning on going to Breyerfest this year but I'd like to be able to access the three day ticket holder page on Breyer's website.

25th Nov 2015 @ 5:20 PM
World of Model Horses, LLC Said:
Hi, You don't need anything for this model. It is all included in the price. Although if want to access the 3-Day ticket holder stuff after BF then you will have to purchase a 3-Day ticket to get access in your name. If you want to buy the ticket to give you access, you don't need to keep the ticket, all you needed was to be registered as a 3-Day ticket holder. So I'd be willing to buy the ticket from you, or trade for stuff at the store to help you re-coop your expense. I will be purchasing over 100 tickets so I don't mind helping you out. Let me know if I can answer anything else. Thanks, KAT

Brenda
01-07-2016, 04:35 PM
That's what I've been doing. Buying a 3 day for pick-ups then selling my ticket to someone else to use. You don't need the ticket itself to be able to access the left-overs since it's tied into your email account on Breyer's website.

I guess a $100 deposit is reasonable if you plan to get multiple horses, but what if you don't like any of them...do you get your deposit back?

They're going to buy more than 100 tickets? :wow

Lupineleigh
01-07-2016, 04:41 PM
That's what I've been doing. Buying a 3 day for pick-ups then selling my ticket to someone else to use. You don't need the ticket itself to be able to access the left-overs since it's tied into your email account on Breyer's website.

I guess a $100 deposit is reasonable if you plan to get multiple horses, but what if you don't like any of them...do you get your deposit back?

They're going to buy more than 100 tickets? :wow

ack! I'm sorry. I should have double checked my facts before posting. Here is the information about the Breyerfest Elite Club offered by World of Model Horses LLC. It's $49.95, not $100 like I wrote above. Please disregard what I said there. :facepalm

http://www.worldofmodelhorses.net/breyerfest-club/

See all the benefits you receive with your club membership!

1.)
Pick up fee waived on your first BF model order.

On your first order placed for any BreyerFest model you pay only the actual cost of the model with no additional fees.

2.)
Top placement in order fulfillment.

All BF club members orders will be processed first. This means that you are guaranteed to get the models you order. If we are not able to get enough to fill the orders the non-club members will miss out no matter how early they place their orders.

3.)
10% off on all store items all the time.

As a club member you will recieve a membership card with a special code to receive 10% off on all regular priced items. This discount cannot be combined with any other discount offer.

4.)
Free BF memorabilia.

This can include programs, buttons, magnets, stickers and/or tatoos.

5.)
Free BF model inspection.

A $30 value. We will inspect any BF models you request for flaws at no additional fee. You are guaranteed to get a model free of abnormal flaws.

You get over $100 value for just $49.95!

Brenda
01-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Oh, well that's pretty neat.

kcpkaptivating
01-08-2016, 04:27 AM
So, if I ordered through them, it would just be the $49.95 deposit if I just wanted the celebration horse? Would I have to buy the 3 day ticket as well(those are $80?)?

Brenda
01-08-2016, 08:48 AM
From what I'm understanding of the wording, no. You do not have to buy a 3 day UNLESS you wanted access to any potential left-overs, but even then they'd be willing to buy the ticket from you since all you need is it in your order history, which goes by your email anyway. The cost of the 3 day ticket is incorporated into the cost of the "club".

Lupineleigh
01-08-2016, 11:42 AM
So, if I ordered through them, it would just be the $49.95 deposit if I just wanted the celebration horse? Would I have to buy the 3 day ticket as well(those are $80?)?

You can order the celebration horse without joining the club, like I did. Hmm...
I don't know if you would get the celebration horse from joining the club or not. I assume so... So now I'm wondering if I should ask about joining the club and have my deposit that I paid for the celebration horse by itself applied to the club instead? Now I'm confused.

Mary
01-08-2016, 02:32 PM
Just fwiw ... I suggest that questions on how the service works should go directly to the business itself. Just a suggestion. :)

VWK'sanEasyGoer
01-08-2016, 03:56 PM
This is an interesting service. I wonder what Breyer thinks of it?

Lupineleigh
01-08-2016, 06:10 PM
I sent a message with my questions and received a reply. :)

8th Jan 2016 @ 11:37 AM

World of Model Horses, LLC Said:

Hi again, The BreyerFest Club does not give you a free model (unless you purchase 4 BF models, then you get the celebration model free), it waives the pick up fee for us on your first BF model. There is no pick up fee on the Celebration Model. It gets you 10% off all orders of items in stock (does not apply to BF models), Free memorabilia, offers just for club members, and free inspection of your BF models. Let me know if you are still confused or have additional questions. Thanks, KAT

kcpkaptivating
01-10-2016, 06:05 PM
Thank you everyone!