PDA

View Full Version : Live Model Horse Showing returns to Long Island after 30 years! April 23rd and 24th!

rocket
02-24-2016, 06:51 PM
Hey gang, yup I have gone and jumped in the deep end. It has been over 30 years since Long Island has seen a live show, and never one inside at a hall! Been 25+ years since I ran a live show (run some other stuff though, and it is all coming back to me, like riding a bike) so it has been fun seeing how much ribbons and everything else is now! But you do not want to hear all this, you want info and info you shall have!

Show Date - April 23rd and 24th
Show Name - Long Island Model Horse Expo (LIMHE) All Halter Extravaganza and Mighty Mini Mania - two separate shows running together!
Show Location - Girl Scouts of Suffolk County, Juilette Low Friendship Center, Bayport, Suffolk County, Long Island, New York

Complete show packet is available for downloading from the NAMHSA Region X website - https://regionxnation.com/shows/detail/156

Or you can either PM me or email me at crocuscottage @ gmail.com with your email address and I shall send it to you.

Awaiting NAN approval.

Can not join us but want to help out, sponsorship's available, just ask me about em!

Loads of great classes, awards and yes a two day raffle that shall include Girl Scout Cookies!

So come on out to the Island and help start a new chapter in the history of live showing!

rocket
02-25-2016, 10:49 PM
Just updating that LIMHE is now officially a NAN qualifier!

rocket
03-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Looking for judges for Sunday, PM me here if interested. Compensation in reduced/free entry or gas money available.

RobinHoodFan
03-05-2016, 10:04 AM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited & Nervous! My first show!!! Weeee!!!!!

:bananadance:bananadance:conga:conga:bananadance:b ananadance
:breakdanc:breakdanc:breakdanc
:dj

tannutuva
03-05-2016, 11:24 AM
That's terrific, Laura — will send some donations for door prizes/raffles — however you want to use them, including a plum mini from the box, an antique brass hunter with docked tail that was missing most of his paint, so I've put some thin coats of gesso on, another fresh one and he'll be ready to paint — not as detailed as contemporary sculpts, but surprisingly so for his scale, especially through the body. I'm up in the air about what will be going on then, but may able be down one day to visit or volunteer.

rocket
03-05-2016, 04:01 PM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited & Nervous! My first show!!! Weeee!!!!!

:bananadance:bananadance:conga:conga:bananadance:b ananadance
:breakdanc:breakdanc:breakdanc
:dj
You are so funny! Go get busy and make some models so you can show more. I know you have nakied resins around...

That's terrific, Laura — will send some donations for door prizes/raffles — however you want to use them, including a plum mini from the box, an antique brass hunter with docked tail that was missing most of his paint, so I've put some thin coats of gesso on, another fresh one and he'll be ready to paint — not as detailed as contemporary sculpts, but surprisingly so for his scale, especially through the body. I'm up in the air about what will be going on then, but may able be down one day to visit or volunteer.
Ah thanks and you are more then welcome to visit. Let me know if you feel the urge to come judge for the day, still would like two more for Sunday so I can actually pee. LOL

NJHeart2Heart
03-05-2016, 04:37 PM
I'm in New Jersey. I'll think about this.. No performance?
I'm attending Pocono Ponies in May, but since this is halter only, it might be a good way to learn/prepare..
How are entries filling at this point?

rocket
03-05-2016, 08:35 PM
I'm in New Jersey. I'll think about this.. No performance?
I'm attending Pocono Ponies in May, but since this is halter only, it might be a good way to learn/prepare..
How are entries filling at this point?
Yeah no performance, the hall is not super large and they have limited rectangles to use for judging so gonna just go halter. I do hope to have an all performance show either sometime later this year or plan for the two next year.

For a brand new show I can not complain, we have about 8 folks so far for Saturday and about the same for Sunday but more showers in the Mighty Mini Show then the China division of the All Halter show.

I hope you can come! Any questions etc just let me know!

tannutuva
03-06-2016, 11:35 AM
If I'm able to make it on Sunday it would be as a general volunteer — tables of minis way too tough in the bifocals years :) — hopefully someone will step up to spell you, you do an awesome job of (often double-) judging and keeping it rolling.

rocket
03-06-2016, 10:20 PM
If I'm able to make it on Sunday it would be as a general volunteer — tables of minis way too tough in the bifocals years :) — hopefully someone will step up to spell you, you do an awesome job of (often double-) judging and keeping it rolling.
Hey I shall take a body to just help out so if you come, I shall use and abuse you. LOL Still need two more to keep my sanity anywhere near inside my head. You know maybe I should request Monday off, I am so not going to want to go deal with that after two days of judging.

tannutuva
03-07-2016, 06:18 AM
Hmmm... saw a hand-held magnifying glass with a light on the Ott-Lite website... maybe helping with minis not out of the question, though it reminds me of the old cartoons in Arabian Horse World with the judge arriving with the seeing eye dog and a cane. :)

rocket
03-09-2016, 10:50 PM
Hmmm... saw a hand-held magnifying glass with a light on the Ott-Lite website... maybe helping with minis not out of the question, though it reminds me of the old cartoons in Arabian Horse World with the judge arriving with the seeing eye dog and a cane. :)
Well if you are up to it I will be happy to have you, let me know.

Ribbons arrived and look pretty!

rocket
03-20-2016, 10:24 AM
Just a quick update, we have about 13 folks for Saturday and one or two less for Sunday so far. Still some room, any questions give me a shout!

RobinHoodFan
03-20-2016, 11:22 AM
:randommil

PixelPerfectStables
03-20-2016, 06:20 PM
I'm so excited! All my ponies are packed (except 5, but I bought a tote for them a couple days ago since they're too big for a small container and too small for a regular tote. Just need to finish up documentation and print the horse lists.

rocket
04-03-2016, 09:12 PM
Just an update, right now I have one table left for Saturday and a few for Sunday. So if you are interested in entering, get in touch with me ASAP! Thanks!

rocket
04-04-2016, 06:56 AM
And Saturday is full!

RobinHoodFan
04-04-2016, 08:08 AM
Great news!! :woohoo

rocket
04-29-2016, 07:16 PM
Show went awesome and am working on the results. Also in the works - an all performance live show at the same hall!