PDA

View Full Version : Use caution in dealing with eBay user zeikittin

SacredInDecember
02-26-2016, 02:54 AM
Bit of a long story but here's the gist:
EBay user zeikittin bid on and won an auction of mine for a Commander Riker model a few weeks ago. Though it's redundant, because PayPal is the only form of payment eBay will allow, I state in all my auctions that I will only accept PayPal. A couple of days after this user won the auction, they messaged me asking me to not only lower the shipping price but to accept an alternate form of payment. Specifically, they wanted me to send them my address so they could mail me cash or a money order. I refused, citing eBay policy and my own auction terms. Zeikittin replied that they would have no other way to pay for the model and said how upset they were because they had wanted this model for so long, etc. etc. I replied again, more clearly stating that what they were asking me to do was against eBay policy and that I would not be accepting any non PayPal form of payment. I also stated that I would retract their bid, since it was clear they would not be PayPaling me. I sold the model to the next highest bidder using a Second Chance Offer and that, I thought, was that.
Now this user zeikittin has sent me another message "touching base" about the Commander Riker model, asking me again to take a money order or cash and "promising" me that they will not give my address to anyone. They also included their full name and phone number, asking me to text them about it. Oh and by the way: this user also left me neutral feedback for the model, which they did not pay for nor receive.
At this point I am slightly at a loss. I've never dealt with something like this before. I replied to the most recent message using firmer language, telling them in no uncertain terms that they will not be getting my information OR the horse, that I have reported them to eBay and blocked them and requesting that they not contact me again. I see that this user has 100% feedback but I feel I should share this experience with fellow hobbyists so they can be aware. I'm not sharing the user's full name at this time, and I will update this thread with any new information.

kristin3480
02-26-2016, 04:50 AM
There are some [mod edit - no name-calling] out there that just don't see reason or past the end of their own nose. If you were not already aware, you can call eBay and have them review the messages between the two of you and have them remove that Neutral. You very clearly did nothing wrong. If the general rep you speak to does not agree, ask to speak to a manager. While eBay is annoyingly buyer-centric they will remove feedback that contradict terms that were clearly laid out in your listing and in their own policies.

zeikittin = blocked. Thanks for the heads up :)

VWK'sanEasyGoer
02-26-2016, 08:54 AM
Some people :confused:

allykatd
02-26-2016, 11:53 AM
At this point I would ignore them. I think I would have ignored them the moment they started dicking me around about payment. I have such little patience for that stuff. Hopefully Ebay will remove the neutral since the buyer was attempting to break clearly stated payment policies.

Eviejean
02-26-2016, 04:04 PM
Have to agree with what others have said.
I'd contact eBay about the neutral feedback AND about them trying to have you use an alternate payment method (against eBay's OWN terms!)

ablorkowski
02-29-2016, 02:58 PM
This same buyer did the same thing to me. Blocked.

http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?169610-Yellows-for-ebayer-zeikittin

Anne Lorkowski