PDA

View Full Version : Yellow for Lisa Bickford

reimolino
02-27-2016, 08:25 AM
Would like to aware about Lisa Bickford.

In November 2015 was looking for something on Wixom mold and found one from Lisa on MH$P. The price was nice, international shipping was by ok too and I already bought model from Lisa earlier and everything was good. So I contacted Lisa and sent a payment by Paypal on Nov 19th. Lisa responded promtly. Till the payment. After the payment I asked for tracking number (I was able to trace First class international parcels recently so I wanted this info) or just was the model shipped several times. Got no response ever.
I know the post may be slow close to New year so I was waiting till the January. No horse, no response.
On Jan 6th or 7th i contacted the seller through Paypal. Lisa told she accidentaly forgot to send the horse and promised to to do it asap. I asked for tracking number again and got no answer, though got promise of it. In 20 days I started the dispute. In several days Paypal closed the case and refunded the money. So, I lost only time and had to search for another model.

Olga Bashmakova

Brenda
02-27-2016, 09:17 AM
That's too bad, Olga. I'm glad you got a refund, though. According to the Transactions Board, she got lots of green lights until 2010 and then they turn to yellow and red for the same type of issues you had.

http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?160617-Be-Aware-Lisa-Bickford-Triple-B-Designs&highlight=Lisa+bickford

VWK'sanEasyGoer
02-27-2016, 10:16 AM
This sounds consistent with other warning posts and similar to a negative transaction I had with her. I was fortunate and did get the model eventually and feel bad you didn't.

FourWindsFarm
02-27-2016, 02:43 PM
She has a model for sale on MH$P that I really want, but I'm so hesitant to risk it! My last transaction with her took forever.

MadHatterDA
03-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I had some issues with her a year or so ago and finally got my money back. It was another time issue thing. This seems to be a consistent problem, as I learned afterwards and reading all the topics on her and such.

Silverfang07
03-06-2016, 01:35 PM
So disappointing as I had been curious about some things- like a SM costume. :sad
Im glad I know better now, but only at the expense of others unfortunately.

freakofnature
03-06-2016, 07:29 PM
So communication was spotty, you never got the model, and Paypal refunded you. I'd give her a red, not a yellow.

Sparkle Susan
03-07-2016, 07:58 AM
That's too bad. I bought a model off of her several years ago and was pleased with the transaction. Sad it's not like that, now.

reimolino
09-05-2016, 02:46 AM
Sorry I'm slow.. I was thinking that as I got my money back, I can't rate it as red. Though I'm not sure I'm right.

iheartbreyers
09-11-2016, 08:55 PM
I am having issues with her right now. I bought something also and its still has not shipped yet. She is taking her time with everything. I wish I would of looked on here and saw all the reds she has! :(

Zexious
09-11-2016, 09:28 PM
I prepaid several months ago for a Rosie and Bailey set... so far no word.
Should I be concerned?

VWK'sanEasyGoer
09-11-2016, 09:35 PM
Should I be concerned?

If it was me I would be politely but persistently contacting her. You've paid for something that is readily available for shipping for a bit now.

iheartbreyers
09-12-2016, 08:21 AM
I would, I and still waiting on a refund from her! I open a case on pay pal.

Seranata
09-12-2016, 02:40 PM
Should I be concerned?

I would be very concerned. I was one of those who had to open a paypal dispute to get her to ship my horse. My story is here on blab for anyone to read. Mine was a small transaction compared to what many have lost or almost lost. If there is still time to open a dispute with paypal (it used to be 60 days but I think they may have extended it?) I would email her and let her know that if she doesn't contact you within 24 hours you will open a dispute. AND, even if she does contact you with the 'it's going out this weekend' story be sure you open the dispute before you run out of time.

I saw her on MHSP 'preselling' all those vintage club horses and I wanted to post "look out for her!!!!" ads but I'm pretty sure that isn't allowed. SO I put up a couple 'be sure to check CURRENT references' ads but if you don't name them specifically people may not check. I would never EVER buy something on presale that would run out of time before I could file a claim unless I checked the person for 100% GLOWING greens. Even then, I would be nervous...

summerwinds
09-12-2016, 02:57 PM
I bought a custom from her several years ago and had this same problem. Although her work is spectacular, her communication once it comes time to ship (aka once you have completed payment) is TERRIBLE! I had to open a PayPal dispute in order to get her to start emailing me again and then she got very upset with me for doing so. Mind you I waited till the last day to open the dispute. I did eventually get my model and he is lovely, but I will never buy from her again, no matter what she had that I may want.

iheartbreyers
09-14-2016, 12:52 PM
After I confronted her about being prefect capable to send me a refund on that phone she was using to message me back when I asked about the horse. She got very nice to me and sent me the refund. But before I did that it was rude, looking at my messages but not getting back to me stuff. I would not buy from her ever again!