PDA

View Full Version : Question: Blab t-shirts! 2016 version ...

Mary
05-11-2016, 07:09 PM
It's serious this time ... :grintongue

We need to make some t-shirt decisions fast to fit in the turnaround time, well before Breyerfest! :grin :run

From the last t-shirt run ... just to get an idea ... we will update the design for this year! :woohoo

old-design sleeve = Real Name over Blab Username
old-design front = pocket-area design
old-design back = Qwerty, the horse made out of punctuation symbols

http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabswag/tshirt/2012royal-513x283.jpg

A closer look at Qwerty.
http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabswag/tshirt/QWERTY-box-blabonly.jpg
Designed by Ramie
(for the record, the original idea was mine! :grintongue )

And here are a few 'real' old-design shirts in just a few of the various colors - the short sleeve is folded over to show the name
http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabswag/tshirt/sleeve-example-2012.jpg

We will figure out an updated design !!! :D

But FIRST ... some business to conduct ... :2spy

Important Consideration 1)
Blabbers want individual selections of color and style (such as fitted (yes will be available) vs loose; v-neck or crew neck; etc.).

Important Consideration 2)
Blabbers want some customization choices. Last time there was an option to have your Real Name and your Blab Username on the sleeve. Some wanted both; some wanted one; some opted not to have their name. We would like to have those choices for each person.

Important Consideration 3)
Price & Return - with and without name customization, targeting <$29 per shirt. People would like to be able to return something that won't work.

So, with the above in mind ...

OPTION A - online company ($$)
I've done some hasty research on the possibilities of offering Blab t-shirts through an online ordering company that would actually handle the product for us. Nice selection, some individual customization options. Blab might make this available going forward (such as Zazzle and/or Cafepress, which includes a 30 day return). BUT - for our immediate purpose,

returns are offered,
can't put anything on the sleeve,
design on one side only (either front or back),
no customization (name/username) with Cafepress, limited with Zazzle,
price is a concern - even a basic shirt with the design and no customization will be $30 or more, BEFORE tax/shipping.

OPTION B - one-run order
If I coordinate a one-run order as I've done before,

the price may be $5 or more lower than online,
but there are very limited options to return the shirt (assume you can't with customization),
can do front & back design,
we can put custom names on the sleeve.

For $5 less we get more ... but with a limited time for ordering.

Would you pick online ordering, or one-run ordering?
(See the poll above!)
(Minimum 24 shirts ordered with one-run ordering.)

Either way, we'll be ordering VERY SOON to get shirts out to everyone by the end of June!

If one-run ordering is the popular choice now, within a few months Blab will make the standing online ordering available through Cafepress and/or Zazzle. Not right away because frankly we will need all the orders we can get for the one-run option.

Bring on the commentary !!! :puter :woohoo

PennsylvaniaDust
05-11-2016, 07:16 PM
I love the customization idea!! But will the limited time frame be an issue for some members?

Mary
05-11-2016, 07:26 PM
I love the customization idea!! But will the limited time frame be an issue for some members?

The only customization is name or no name. :)

If we get orders in by the end of May, we should be ok. I hope to get enough feedback to make these decisions and get things rolling by the middle of next week.

NJHeart2Heart
05-11-2016, 07:33 PM
I'd rather get another Blab pony run :toothy

PennsylvaniaDust
05-11-2016, 07:48 PM
But we could do Real name/Username? Possibly? That is pretty cool. Or maybe even what we like to collect like "Stone Arabians" or "Plastic Thoroughbreds" or "China H-R"...just throwing some ideas out there! But we couldn't use the company names because of copyright probably.

If we get orders in by the end of May, we should be ok. I hope to get enough feedback to make these decisions and get things rolling by the middle of next week.

dashesndots
05-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Whatever option would allow me to get a v-neck with lots of size options, that's what I pick (the online one, if I'm reading right). I hate the tight necks on regular tee shirts, and I probably need an XXXL :P.

I missed out last time these were available, so nice to see them being done again.

emt8134
05-11-2016, 07:50 PM

Blab name? Or real name? Definitely want one! I favor blue!

Brenda
05-11-2016, 08:01 PM
I don't care one way or other about the customization, but the variety of colors and sizes are very important, more so the sizes (and no pink lol)

VWK'sanEasyGoer
05-11-2016, 08:26 PM
I like blue and I like the design the way it is. Names are OK too. I'd actually prefer just the Blab name a it's kind of weird to me to have a shirt with my name on it. That said though I wouldn't stop me from getting one. At least if I take my shirt off and someone takes it I can prove it's mine (ha ha ha)

juliacodeman
05-11-2016, 08:33 PM
I love this idea! I don't think I would want my real name on the shirt, and my blab name is mine and my son's name combined so maybe not that either because he would be all grouchy about it...lol. I love the pink! I would want a V neck as well, I like them a lot better than regular neck shirts..

DooWiki
05-11-2016, 08:35 PM
Whatever option would allow me to get a v-neck with lots of size options, that's what I pick (the online one, if I'm reading right). I hate the tight necks on regular tee shirts, and I probably need an XXXL :P.

I missed out last time these were available, so nice to see them being done again.

I'm with Ashley on the v-neck option for the same reason, although I need a couple less xxes.

Also, I like blue and would prefer just my Blab name. I've made my own iron-on transfer shirt using my avatar art and my Blab name.

Eviejean
05-11-2016, 08:48 PM
I'm glad there will be a design update, I didn't order the last time because I didn't care for the QWERTY horse design.
Don't get me wrong: I LOVE my Conga Design Blab shirt with the small Blab logo on the front and the Conga Design on the back!!!

I didn't have my name printed on it back then and being able to print my name or not would NOT stop me from purchasing this time.

Also my shirt is older and just says Model Horse Blab.com on the pocket area (which I LIKE) NOT Do you Blab? (Don't like)

Mary
05-11-2016, 08:53 PM
So a lot of people want the V-neck!

And so far the one-run order is way in the lead!!

But ... not all that many votes so far. Blab has far more members online Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday, so we will see what is trending in a few days ...

Our one-run order guy is super. He goes above & beyond, and he was ok with some 'special' t-shirts in the mix, last time. If one-run is the winner, will do all I can to accommodate people on design as well as size, etc. One good thing about Cafepress and Zazzle is that they do have a selection of various t-shirt designs.

Blab name? Or real name? Definitely want one! I favor blue!

Last time, most people did both. But you can do either! Or none!

If people wear them to Breyerfest and other people notice the name on the sleeve "oh there's Blabber NPOD-Diva ... what's her first name again?" before saying 'hi' ... well, something to think about. But it is up to the individual. :)

That is kind of a cool idea to put things such as OF China on the sleeve ... will ask about that.

Drenarrow
05-11-2016, 09:16 PM
I personally wouldn't want my real name on a shirt, but I think the option is nice for people going to shows and Breyerfest. I like the idea of having my username though. :) I think Qwerty is cute! Dark colors are a must for me, wearing bright colors makes me feel weird. :haha

I voted for one off, but I'll put in a good word for cafepress, I think they do a really nice job. I'm actually wearing one of their tees right now.

Oh, and (sorry if I missed this) are the tees cotton? I would wear a blend, but I'd prefer 100% cotton. :yes

Eviejean
05-11-2016, 09:26 PM
I personally wouldn't want my real name on a shirt, but I think the option is nice for people going to shows and Breyerfest. I like the idea of having my username though. :) I think Qwerty is cute! Dark colors are a must for me, wearing bright colors makes me feel weird. :haha

I voted for one off, but I'll put in a good word for cafepress, I think they do a really nice job. I'm actually wearing one of their tees right now.

Oh, and (sorry if I missed this) are the tees cotton? I would wear a blend, but I'd prefer 100% cotton. :yes

The year I purchased (which was, I think two runs ago) was 100% cotton Gildan brand.
A REALLY nice Ultra Cotton t-shirt. And personally?... I LIKE Gildan brand.

Also, I agree with you about cafepress.
I have a Firefly "Browncoat" t-shirt that I got as a Christmas gift and I'm pretty sure it came from cafepress.
It's a REALLY nice quality t-shirt, too!

Drenarrow
05-11-2016, 09:33 PM
The year I purchased (which was, I think two runs ago) was 100% cotton Gildan brand.
A REALLY nice Ultra Cotton t-shirt. And personally?... I LIKE Gildan brand.

Also, I agree with you about cafepress.
I have a Firefly "Browncoat" t-shirt that I got as a Christmas gift and I'm pretty sure it came from cafepress.
It's a REALLY nice quality t-shirt, too!

Thanks for the info! My tee from Cafepress is Gildan. :) I have a few graphic t-shirts from Cafepress that have all held up well (after years of use).

Zexious
05-11-2016, 09:41 PM
Oh, I would love a Blab shirt! ...Even though I don't really attend model shows right now :x

That said, I'm flexible. Provided there is a fitted/babydoll option, I'm not picky about design, color, or price. It's just a neat thing to have!

ALemon
05-11-2016, 11:09 PM
I like my tee's Really loose/roomy, with a V-neck, color choices are cool, as Blab members are a varied bunch. Names, I like the idea of Blab name, real name. Design I am up in the air on, as to what I prefer. I just want a shirt to be part of the Blab gang!!!!!

Misty Star Studios
05-12-2016, 07:56 AM
I'm not a big fan of the QWERTY or "Do You Blab" designs. I would like to have my name and Blab name but it's not a dealbreaker :) Definitely prefer V-neck though! As far as designs on the back I don't care - my hair is so long you don't see anything on the back anyway.

I would say Option B with the one-run order as long as you could get a V-neck.

As far as ordering goes, have you looked into Customink? I've used that site many times and have been thrilled with everything. Cafepress I've had nothing but problems.

HorseshoeFarms
05-12-2016, 09:09 AM
I'm not a huge fan of the designs. I think colors like grey, blue, green, or purple would be nice - no white, pink, yellow, or black (too hot at BF for a black shirt). Price is definitely a factor for me. I've used Customink before and have received very nice shirts.

emt8134
05-12-2016, 09:16 AM
I'd have to ask you have a neckline option. I can't do a v neck justice and admire those of you who can, so a regular tee neckline is a must for me.

Mary
05-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Just to be sure people have a good idea of the Zazzle & Cafepress alternatives ... and with the caveat I don't know anyone who has worked with Zazzle offering their own designs, although I've bought from them.

Zazzle has some good reviews online, and those that are negative seem primarily to be due to the difficulty people having making their design work on the Zazzle site with the online tools.

Here is an example - a t-shirt design created and offered by an artist, through Zazzle ...
http://www.zazzle.co.uk/caterpillar_sepia_tees-235390814432350654

Scroll down to see the color and style selections.

Click "Customize It" to see the options to add stuff - particularly text (such as your name). The neat thing about Zazzle is that you can individually customize your text. You can resize it, choose fonts and color, and move the text around to different parts of the shirt design (such as lower left, or center top, etc.)

That's pretty cool. It is also pricey !! I don't know how to make it show US $, but the 25.65 GBP converts to around $37 US, and that's before tax and shipping. But, you do have a personally customized shirt.

Cafepress also allows adding text to the place already made for it in the design. But without the Zazzle personalization - can't move it around or customize fonts or colors.
Example
http://www.cafepress.com/mf/79990219/girls-night-ou_tshirt?productId=888586090

Cafepress has a good selection of styles and colors. The price is much more in line with the one-run shirts. (If you don't want your name on the example linked below, submit a blank name box.)

Neither of the above options puts the text on the sleeve ... it will be somewhere in the area of the design. If you are very clever with Zazzle you may be able to move things around more creatively between front & back. It does add to the cost. :)

Just adding the above for full information ... more thoughts? Would anything about these options be as good as the one-run option? :2spy

More design ideas? :hubba

BuckR.
05-12-2016, 09:49 AM
Customizing my shirt personally is not worth the price to me, but that's just my opinion. I would rather pay less, and get TWO shirts, then pay more and have my name or something on it.

I'd have to ask you have a neckline option. I can't do a v neck justice and admire those of you who can, so a regular tee neckline is a must for me.

:yeahthat My favorite shirts are the crew neck ones because I can do work in them without having to worry about bending down and...:uh Yeah. I would much rather prefer the crew ones too. :)

FourWindsFarm
05-12-2016, 10:16 AM
How about a polo/golf-style shirt with a small blab logo on the pocket area? I'd be much more likely to purchase something like that, especially if it came in women's sizing that didn't have to be tucked in. Simple, classic, versatile.

Other preferences-- a wide variety of sizes. My biggest issue with t-shirts, is that by the time you get into XL or XXL sizing, they tend to be long enough to tuck into one's socks, and as a bigger gal, tucking things in makes us look even bigger, so I avoid it. Sizing that allows larger sizes that doesn't also add much to the length is a godsend.

I would not want my real name on it. User name is fine, but not essential. I'd rather have a lower price and more options for colors/style/sizing than customization. Our local dog club orders shirts, then people who want customization can take them to a local place and have a name/dog's name/titles added to the sleeve for a few dollars, and those who don't want that don't pay for it. Most areas, even our tiny town, offer custom embroidery for things like that.

emt8134
05-12-2016, 11:15 AM
I love a nice polo! In summer on 90+ degree days we were allowed to wear white polos with a small ems company logo on the chest. Since cargos or slacks are on the bottom everyone looked terrific on scene, and very professional!

Salem
05-12-2016, 08:38 PM
I like the idea of a shirt, but I usually only wear tank tops at BF due to the heat. I have several BF T-shirts I never wear. I might be interested in other gear, though.

Silverfang07
05-12-2016, 09:23 PM
I'm cool with at least my nickname 'liz' and username... It may help with my custom sales too if people see my Blab and nickname.

Pretty flexible on the options given so I'll pick one that seems consistent.

Salem
05-13-2016, 05:43 AM
I think I'd just like a button with my username and the Blab logo. That would be cool, and I could wear it every day that I'm there.

Faracat
05-13-2016, 06:54 AM
I could be tempted by a polo shirt or one of the Zazzle tank top options. :) I like the qwerty logo but I don't like the 'do you blab?' wording. I much prefer the version that just says 'blab'. I'm not fussed about having my name or username as Breyerfest is a bit too far away for me to attend at the mo. ;) Postage to the UK would need to be affordable.

JamieD
05-13-2016, 09:11 AM
Tank top version....I don't do T-shirts. :)

JamieD

Mary
05-13-2016, 09:27 AM
What if the username were somewhere on the front, such as in the lower left of the design? In a different font, much smaller than "blab", of course.

Salem
05-13-2016, 04:44 PM
I just like horse images. I'm easy that way.

juliacodeman
05-13-2016, 05:22 PM
If there was a polo shirt or a tank, I would love both of those options-polo shirts are so cool and comfortable and hold up very well..unless they are Izod-those stretch fade and wear quickly, I've no idea why as they are a pretty well known brand and been around since what, the '80's?

If I had a user name that was a farm name, or studio name, or a bunch of letters and numbers, I'd be more apt to put my user name on a shirt, but since it's literally my name and my son's nickname, he would probably kill me if I wore a shirt with that on it-because of course after Breyerfest I'm going to wear that shirt all year, just like I do all my Breyerfest t-shirts...

I have a lightweight Breyer sweatshirt that I wear so much, that I have worn the wrist cuffs out. I would love another sweatshirt but I haven't seen one since....I think it was 2012?

lallred
05-13-2016, 05:27 PM
I like the idea of being able to order online and pick the type of tee shirt I'd wear ( I like v neck, slightly fitted and drapy tees, neutral colors). But I'm not going to breyerfest so I'd be ok with waiting to order until later if you do the standing design with an online company. Zazzle seems to have some high quality shirts. And I really like Querty. :)

juliacodeman
05-13-2016, 05:28 PM
Oh this is a great shirt, lol!! 136020

If you can't see the bottom, it says "Horse Collector".

BuckR.
05-13-2016, 05:34 PM

WANT! :grabby I need this!! :roflmao

juliacodeman
05-13-2016, 05:48 PM

These? Anyone?

Misty Star Studios
05-13-2016, 05:52 PM
Love that shirt! Especially since I'm far from being a real model :lol. I can make a design when we decide what we want :)

BuckR.
05-13-2016, 06:38 PM

These? Anyone?
Yeah, sure! :yes If they're intended to be a pair of UNDERWEAR!! :bigeyes

Zexious
05-13-2016, 07:09 PM
juliacodeman-- xD!
Maybe as gym attire? ;D
:hamsterdam

lallred
05-13-2016, 07:40 PM

That's great!

dizzyriss
05-16-2016, 07:47 AM
I am just :randommil "yay! T-shirts!" Take my money :money

Everyone else can decide the designs, etc. I'll will throw money at anything that is offered

Mary
05-16-2016, 10:01 AM
I am just :randommil "yay! T-shirts!" Take my money :money

Everyone else can decide the designs, etc. I'll will throw money at anything that is offered

:hugg :grin

Mary
05-16-2016, 10:05 AM
How about this (or something like it) for an updated design?
(It's Qwerty, with more of the keyboard in play!)

In white on a shirt that is blue, pink, black, red ... etc.

Here are the colors from last time (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/zimages/tshirt/OrderFormColors2012.htm), I don't know if they will be exactly the same.
Scroll down for the not-so-bright colors.

And yes - we'll be able to get v-necks and tanks, as well as regular-style t's. :thumbsup

http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabswag/tshirt/design1.jpg

BuckR.
05-16-2016, 10:09 AM

Here are the colors from last time (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/zimages/tshirt/OrderFormColors2012.htm), I don't know if they will be exactly the same.

And yes - we'll be able to get v-necks and tanks, as well as regular-style t's. :thumbsup

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! :adore

Misty Star Studios
05-16-2016, 10:12 AM
He's cute, not my favorite but if it was the only option I would buy it. :)

Zexious
05-16-2016, 10:14 AM
I think it's neat!! <3

Are we still able to offer critique?
If yes, I would consider altering the "blab" font, or perhaps moving it some distance from Qwerty? I know that's the fond for our site, but I do feel like the two different styles clash a bit.
Just a thought! If it's the final design please ignore the above suggestion <3:blueflower

Faracat
05-16-2016, 11:25 AM
I love the new design. :D

emt8134
05-16-2016, 12:03 PM
Can blab be in the same font as the mane letters?

Mary
05-16-2016, 12:32 PM
Yes, I think so on the mane letters. It might be tomorrow before we get a preview of that idea, I don't have the font myself.

Here are some other font ideas ...

Garamond and Trebuchet MS
http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabswag/tshirt/design1-Garamond-400w.jpg http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabswag/tshirt/design1-TrebuchetMS-400w.jpg

Segoe Print
http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabswag/tshirt/design1-SegoePrint-400w.jpg

Not the only choices, or course, but to get an idea of different general styles.

I looked at a script font - frankly, I think it will be hard to read on a t-shirt. :)

Silverfang07
05-16-2016, 12:32 PM
I need like....mind melting Dayglo yellow :lmao
(just kidding, but I do have an outfit I wear on the hotter days there that is entirely that color. Burns your corneas out.)

Im pretty cool with anything here. Maybe I'll stick a Breyer doodle on it with a transfer print thingy...

edit: how about the dreaded comic sans? :hide Besides being an Internet joke it's not that bad for small titles.

Mary
05-16-2016, 12:39 PM
Also ... what about this idea for a username placement? For those that opt to have their name and/or username, of course - not required! :)

It could be either here or the sleeve, that would be a custom option, I think. But for tank tops, of course, it has to be on the design.

Two ideas ... (we'll pick one font for all the shirts, btw)

Garamond
http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabswag/tshirt/design1-Garamond-400w-username.jpg

Segoe Print
http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabswag/tshirt/design1-SegoePrint-400w-username.jpg

By tomorrow our artist (Maria Hjerppe) should have EVEN BETTER suggestions, but we can give her some direction. :yes :toothy

Salem
05-16-2016, 01:14 PM

I like the logo, so count me in if I can get a tank in that cherry red! :cheer
I only want my username, though, not my real one.

juliacodeman
05-16-2016, 01:23 PM
LOVE!!! LOVE the new design!! That's really cool, and very fancified.....

I like the choice of different fonts, but it really doesn't sway me one way or another I really like them all!

(ps-yes, those pink things are undies-although I don't know if they would cover ONE of my cheeks....lol I was just surfing around the website Mary sent us to...lol)

Silverfang07
05-16-2016, 02:06 PM
Oh I'd love one in sapphire (closest to teal I can see...) :D

Pretty game for any font.

FourWindsFarm
05-16-2016, 02:24 PM
love the new Qwerty.

I like 'blab' in the times new roman/ serif font.

DooWiki
05-16-2016, 03:17 PM
love the new Qwerty.

I like 'blab' in the times new roman/ serif font.

:agreed I second the seriffed font!

Zexious
05-16-2016, 04:03 PM
I'm feel'n the Garamond, myself.
Will the font for 'blab' be customizable? :bloom

Salem
05-16-2016, 04:23 PM
I am just happy that it can be a tank. Not picky otherwise, long as it fits. Yay!

Mary
05-16-2016, 06:46 PM
I'm feeling the serrified Garamond / Times New Roman style, myself. :toothy

Sorry we can't offer the font as customizable - I did ask! :grintongue

Keep the comments, opinions and ideas coming! PRO and CON - if you don't like something, it doesn't help if we don't know! :thumbsup :D

juliacodeman
05-16-2016, 06:53 PM
Garamond was actually my favorite too before I just read all the comments about this font-yes I think that fits the horse's font the best!

Mary
05-16-2016, 09:00 PM
So I have NO opinion on this ... really up in the air ....

Is it a good thing to have the "Model Horse" in the design? Or just "blab", as above? If for no other reason to save a few dozen questions about the t-shirt? :uh

Thought I'd ask now before we final ... :grin

http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabswag/logo-garamond-400x330.jpg

BuckR.
05-16-2016, 09:04 PM
I like the model horse test. Without it, I doubt most people (out of the hobby) would have any inkling of an idea of what 'blab' is referring to. :)

onekindacowboy
05-16-2016, 09:58 PM

HEY THATS MINE....

Salem
05-17-2016, 06:53 AM
I like the idea of only other Blabbers knowing what it means - like a secret handshake. That way I can enjoy wearing it at BreyerFest in order to advertise, and wear it at home without worrying about advertising! It will most likely become part of my BF-only wardrobe, but that's okay. I've actually worn out several BF-only shirts over the years! It's fun watching the design evolve, though. Carry on - I'm looking forward to the final product.

Mary
05-17-2016, 08:35 AM
With tweaks from our designer, Maria Hjerppe! How are we doing??? :toothy
(The name/username is optional! You don't have to have it on yours. :grin)

http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabswag/blueqwerty-mhb-username-noline.jpg

I looked into using the font used in the mane for the "blab". As I feared, the smaller size text creates skinny lines that won't render properly in the screen-printing process. But it was worth looking into! :)

The 'skinny lines' syndrome may also be a concern using the Garamond font for the smaller custom name text - teeny tiny serifs! :grin So, this example uses Trebuchet MS, which is a bit less plain than an Arial-style font. If the screen-printer guy says we can use Garamond for the custom name, though, I think that will look the best! :)

silvership
05-17-2016, 09:39 AM
Apologies if I didn't read closely enough and the t-shirt brand has already been chosen, but if it hasn't, I'd like to put a good word in for Comfort Colors. They are 100% cotton and don't pill in the the washer/dryer, and last a really long time. Not to mention, they are super comfy. :yes

Beethovens7th
05-17-2016, 10:18 AM
Any color is fine with me but am partial towards green, purple, or pink.

V-neck.

Fitted.

Usernames/names on sleeve.

Qwerty.

Image on front and back.

Do You Blab?

Faracat
05-17-2016, 10:36 AM

Love it! :D

Beethovens7th
05-17-2016, 10:51 AM

I looked into using the font used in the mane for the "blab". As I feared, the smaller size text creates skinny lines that won't render properly in the screen-printing process. But it was worth looking into! :)

The 'skinny lines' syndrome may also be a concern using the Garamond font for the smaller custom name text - teeny tiny serifs! :grin So, this example uses Trebuchet MS, which is a bit less plain than an Arial-style font. If the screen-printer guy says we can use Garamond for the custom name, though, I think that will look the best! :)

Oh! And this design is fine, too! LOVE!

Zexious
05-17-2016, 11:10 AM
I prefer without the "model horse" above "blab."
I know I sound picky, but I'll likely purchase whatever is designed xD! <3<3

Salem
05-17-2016, 01:54 PM
I prefer without the "model horse" above "blab."
I know I sound picky, but I'll likely purchase whatever is designed xD! <3<3

Me, too! So far it looks great. Could the background of the logo be Blab Blue, no matter what color the shirt?

jettabar99
05-17-2016, 02:34 PM
nice design. Would love a tank top

Mary
05-17-2016, 02:45 PM
People like having custom choices! :toothy

For this run, the design is in white on whatever color T is selected. We should have a range of sizes along with a good selection of styles - v-neck fitted; tank; regular; I'll find out what else. The color selection may vary by the style, but there should be some good choices. Last time we had the bright/bold colors and the non-bright urban colors, you might call them, such as black, dusky blue, a sort of muted red, etc.

The main custom thing will be the options on the name, and I think a choice of placing it on the sleeve or the bottom left of the design. You could have no name, just first or just username, or both real name and username. :)

Salem
05-17-2016, 03:06 PM
Sounds great to me! I might need two so I can wear one each day at the park. :toothy

Eviejean
05-17-2016, 03:48 PM
Mary, Was it ever decided if Querty was going to be:

a. small on the front breast area or

b. full sized on the back?

Salem
05-17-2016, 05:38 PM
I have long hair and so hope for large on the front. Or I will wear it backward. :toothy

Mary
05-17-2016, 07:53 PM
Mary, Was it ever decided if Querty was going to be:

a. small on the front breast area or

b. full sized on the back?

Full size on the front. Cuz pretty much that's where t-shirts put the designs these days. Long hair is all the thing, and it is covering whatever is on the back. :)

When I say "full size", this will not be the older-style huge design. Especially for an 'art-y' design like this one, it will look better as a bit more compact. :yes

Like many other things, t-shirt design trends evolve. :2spy :toothy

FourWindsFarm
05-17-2016, 08:30 PM
This is what I was thinking for the "blab" part of the logo; similar to the old one but updated a bit, and a more compact design that what was shown above with Qwerty. It has enough weight to balance the bottom right part of the design to Qwerty. 'model horse' could be a non-bold font as well. I didn't do that one as it might be hard to get to show up if it's small on the design if the font is too narrow.

Princesstriage
05-17-2016, 08:50 PM
I think I like the design without model horse on it better.

With just blab it almost looks like blab is some form of an extension to qwerty and adding model horse above blab just seems a little bit off to me even though we are model horse blab.

Some reason I was thinking it's too bad there isn't a cool way to make qwerty look like he's got on a halter and stick Model in there on it like it's on a name plate or something of the sort, but I also think that might become a little too complicated for the design.

Zexious
05-17-2016, 10:33 PM
Mary, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the way you really consider everyone's input! This is going to be such a great t-shirt because it was really a group effort. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all you do!! <3<3

Salem
05-18-2016, 05:09 AM
Yes, Mary is definitely going above and beyond in fielding all of our varied suggestions! :clap

I finally filled out the poll form (kept forgetting) although I didn't specify which ordering option at the top. I just want a tank with the logo preferably on front, and my username only (or no name at all will be fine). Brighter colors are best for me, as I am in a happy mood at BF and I want it to show. :cheer I probably won't order if it's a T-shirt only, because I just can't get myself to wear sleeves in that heat at the park, and that's where I want to wear my Blab shirt.

Have there ever been Blab buttons? I would love a button with just my username on it and the Blab logo. I would be able to wear that the whole time I'm there.

Beethovens7th
05-18-2016, 06:16 PM
Buttons! What a neat idea! :yaymiller

Truson
05-18-2016, 08:52 PM
ANY color, ANY font, as long as it has a big design in the front and men's t-shirts are available! :D

Raiha
05-19-2016, 01:30 AM
I'd love a medium fitted t-shirt! Blue works for me. Would like to have my user name only on the sleeve.

Mary
05-19-2016, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the kind words! Honestly, on these things your input is very much needed. :yes :thumbsup It is no place to turn me loose all by myself. :grintongue :uh

Makes note: buttons

And now we are on to the next phase - please visit this new poll and pick your choice for Blab name arrangement! (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?172046-Blab-T-Shirt-poll-almost-there)
:thumbsup

FourWindsFarm - I put your idea in there as well. My example isn't as neat as would be best, but if it is selected, screen-print guy is a pro at making it very neat. One of the things I like about working with him, he's kind of a perfectionist. :)

I honestly have no preference among the arrangement ideas, and look forward to seeing what everyone suggests.

Hope to be taking orders VERY SOON ... :toothy

idyourbreyer
05-19-2016, 08:33 PM
So happy to see this! I love my 2009 t-shirt and need MOAR!

Mary
05-20-2016, 06:35 PM
Drum roll ... here we go, examples of the designs on the shirts ... ok I know they are all guys, not even one gal, :dohdoh but it's ok we love everybody ...

http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabswag/tshirt/2016spring/comps-male-700x370.jpg

The v-neck is "semi-fitted".

and here's the v-neck semi-fitted in a smaller "ladies junior fit" with the caveat that these run SMALL

http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabswag/tshirt/2016spring/Lroyal_051.jpg

Mary
05-20-2016, 06:35 PM
Just a note that I did a small quick research on buttons and saw some cool ones. Squares and rectangles! BUT ... I have not yet found a provider who will customize them with names. So far they are only available in bulk with just one design. Other ideas?

Salem
05-20-2016, 08:31 PM
I'll take the one in the middle - and his shirt, too! :toothy

Yah know, that fitted T looks pretty cool (as in temperature), with the extra short sleeves and V-neck.

Salem
05-20-2016, 08:33 PM
P.S. I still want a Blab button. We could just add a ribbon with our names, if we want.

Drenarrow
05-20-2016, 09:17 PM
Those Tees are lookin' good. I like the royal blue color. :)

So, I hear that totes may be a thing? If so, I really need one! I always take a model with me on my travels so I never miss a photo op, and I could use an "official" horse tote. ;)

Zexious
05-20-2016, 09:28 PM
Yay!
I'm so excited to see the final product! I'm really feeling that tank top--it'll be great for the gym <3<3

P.S. In the future, I wouldn't mind a polo ;) For lessoning! :haha

Mary
05-20-2016, 10:00 PM
P.S. I still want a Blab button. We could just add a ribbon with our names, if we want.

See, this is why we put these things out there. Somebody has a super clever idea for an answer !!! :thumbsup :grin

Those Tees are lookin' good. I like the royal blue color. :)

So, I hear that totes may be a thing? If so, I really need one! I always take a model with me on my travels so I never miss a photo op, and I could use an "official" horse tote. ;)

It's a big ole tote. With zipper pockets. :toothy

Yay!
I'm so excited to see the final product! I'm really feeling that tank top--it'll be great for the gym <3<3

P.S. In the future, I wouldn't mind a polo ;) For lessoning! :haha

I'm with ya on that polo! :thumbsup

Makes note: next time, polo

Mary
05-20-2016, 10:35 PM
ta-daaa ...

http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabswag/tshirt/2016spring/4-tshirts_700x250.jpg

Drenarrow
05-21-2016, 12:12 AM
:woohoo! for totes and zippers, I'm so excited. :D

fastapp
05-21-2016, 05:59 AM
Big tote with zippered pockets will be awesome! I have a thing for bags and love loading them up.

JamieD
05-21-2016, 08:17 AM
Tank top!!! YES!!! :thumbsup

JamieD

Zexious
05-21-2016, 09:56 AM
Hurray! They all look great!
Thank you, thank you!!:bow

Salem
05-21-2016, 01:16 PM
Blue clashes with my complexion, but I like that it is the color for both Blab and Breyer.:blueflower

FourWindsFarm
05-21-2016, 03:37 PM
Oooh, tote bag? Yes please :-)

Mary
05-21-2016, 10:45 PM
Some update ...

Just for the regular t-shirts ... over 25 colors (I think) ... check it out here (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabswag/tshirt/TShirtRegColors2016.htm). :)

The tank and v-necks don't have this many colors, but there is a range.

Need like 3 brave volunteers to test the new Blab Swag shopping website! PM me if you want to, and can do this on Sunday! Thank you!
:tiphat :party

Mary
05-23-2016, 02:45 PM
I am happy to say that this thread is closed so we can send you to the AVAILABLE TO ORDER thread (http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/showthread.php?172090-Blab-T-Shirt-amp-Tote-Thread-(available-to-order!)) !!! :rays :woohoo