PDA

View Full Version : Mid MO Model Maniacs Sept 24 2016 Please join us!

Montara Farms
06-30-2016, 07:46 PM
Planning the first live show in Missouri in quite a while! (There used to be some really good ones!)

Capital Mall in Jefferson City MO Sept 24, 2016

Applying for NAMHSA approval, and have Breyer approval for raffle model. Will finish up application, web site, a flyer for locally and class list over the next week.

Can use a few more judges! Donations of course would be MUCH appreciated!

Plan on:
Mini OF Plastic (may split Stone/Breyer)
Mini AR/CM (may split)
Novice (with small performance division)
Performance
OF Breyer/Other
OF Stone
Artist Resin/Custom
Small OF Collectability and China Division

Thanks so much and hope to see a bunch there!! More info to follow...

JulieB
07-01-2016, 08:34 AM
I am so glad to see a show in MO again. You are right, there used to be some really good ones. I would love to try to make it to this, but I'm going to a big show in Wichita the weekend before, so I don't know if I will be able to or not. This one would definitely be a LOT closer. LOL

silvership
07-01-2016, 09:29 AM
SO excited about this! :woohoo I'll be there!
I don't know if you remember me, but I came and bought Icicle and a few stablemates from your store not too long ago. :)

lonesome_glory_2007
07-01-2016, 02:50 PM
Sign me up!

azblizzard
07-03-2016, 04:54 PM
I will be there with bells on. :woohoo

StoneSongStables
07-05-2016, 11:12 AM
Will try to make it, but don't know if I can.

RedHorseArtworks
07-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Aw, I would *love* to go but I never have reliable transportation and can never catch a ride with anyone. So, I was wondering if anyone going would be willing and able to proxy some models for me, mostly small ones?

hollypoint
07-05-2016, 05:53 PM
I will definitely try to be there!

Girlie
07-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Any news for this show? My proxy shower lives in Missouri.

DooWiki
07-19-2016, 11:00 AM
I am so glad to see a show in MO again. You are right, there used to be some really good ones. I would love to try to make it to this, but I'm going to a big show in Wichita the weekend before, so I don't know if I will be able to or not. This one would definitely be a LOT closer. LOL

I'm in the same boat. But I'd love to attend if possible.

thataudcollector
07-19-2016, 11:08 AM
ugh! I have a real horse show in Illinois that day but would love to attend others if this first one is successful. It is a lot closer than the shows I normally attend that is for sure. Please keep us updated, I would love to see how this turns out.

onekindacowboy
07-19-2016, 11:18 AM
what time time are you planning on starting? My calendar is clear so far. If I can just get someone to cover call for me Sat am.

JulieB
07-19-2016, 11:20 AM
I'm in the same boat. But I'd love to attend if possible.

Me, too. Going to try! Will just leave everything packed up from the show the week before. :lol

champagnehorses
07-19-2016, 03:34 PM
I sent some show donations, hope they arrived OK. :) Hoping a website is up soon. Would still like to try and make it to this show also.

JulieB
07-19-2016, 04:28 PM
This is what I have for the website...

http://midmomodelmania.weebly.com/

champagnehorses
07-19-2016, 04:54 PM
This is what I have for the website...

http://midmomodelmania.weebly.com/

Thanks Julie!! I somehow missed the website link.

onekindacowboy
07-19-2016, 07:24 PM
Shoot I have to find someone to take call from 5am to make it by 8. I was hoping for 10, than I wouldn't have to find anyone. Maybe I will just swing down to chat and see what folks have for sale!

StoneSongStables
07-20-2016, 10:30 AM
Is there anything in particular you're looking for for donations?

Was really hoping it'd start a little later so we could drive down in the morning rather than the night before.

Montara Farms
07-30-2016, 05:59 PM
Sorry, got busy with prep for long BR trip, combined with family trip! Whew. We are NAMHSA approved now, donations are arriving, and we are excited! It's a great big room at the mall, with glass wall facing the mall walkways. You may sell in the room, but I'm working on a safe way to do so without too many strangers wandering through. Class list is huge for a first attempt, so we must start early! Some divsions will be afternoon though... I could use a couple more judges if anyone is interested! PM if you'd like me to email a show packet. (The entry form on website has a glitch, I'll work on that Monday). Thanks so much, hope to see many of you there!!
Becky

MIDMO MODEL MANIACS

DATE: September 24th, 2016

TIME: Show hall opens at 7 am CST, show begins at 8 am.

LOCATION: Community Room, Capital Mall, Jefferson City, MO 3600 Country ClubDrive, JC MO 65109
Showhostess: Becky Henson becky@dogdazeplaycare.com

MidMo Model Maniacs IS a NAN qualifying show. Allhorses placing 1st or 2nd in this show (except for Novice and funclasses) will receive a NAMHSA ticket.

Wehave applied for the Breyer Show Benefit Special

Ifyou would like to donate an auction or raffle item, please contactbecky@dogdazeplaycare.com. All items are gratefully accepted!

Furtherinformation about the show is listed on the Facebook page or our website. www.MIDMOMODELMANIA.WEEBLY.COM
www.FACEBOOK.COM/MIDMOMODELMANIA

JulieB
08-02-2016, 02:20 PM
Entry is on it's way!!

Midnight Sun
08-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Obviously I will be there! :)

See you all soon! Becky, I will be mailing my entry ASAP.

Montara Farms
08-21-2016, 02:31 PM
It's all coming together! NAMHSA approved, the Breyer Show Benefit model has arrived, donations in the form of OFs, customs, painted resins, and other goodies are rolling in! Two entrants are donating little goodie bags for each paid entrant, can't wait to see what's in there! Early bird entry ends Sept 1! We'll take entries until Sept 15, with additional fee, but we will need to rent some extra tables, so we'll need a hard count the week before the show. There's plenty of room, all glass windows facing into a shopping mall, if you'd like to sell things, this is a great spot! There is a loading dock entrance from the parking lot so you don't need to schlep models through the mall. There is a food court in the mall for lunch options. Over 500 classes! Check out our web sight or facebook for more info! Can't wait to have a show in MO again! Woooohooooo!
Becky

Montara Farms
08-21-2016, 02:34 PM
Forgot the dang links.. sigh

becky@dogdazeplaycare.com (contactbecky@dogdazeplaycare.com).

Further information about the show is listed on the Facebook page or our website. www.MIDMOMODELMANIA.WEEBLY.COM
www.FACEBOOK.COM/MIDMOMODELMANIA

StoneSongStables
08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
It's lovely to see a show in Missouri again. I hope all goes well. I was hoping to be able to attend, but I need to save the money to put towards real horse things.

azblizzard
08-22-2016, 09:35 PM
I e-mailed my entry and sent my entry fee through Paypal yesterday. I can't wait for this show :woohoo, I've been hoping that I could find a show here in Missouri when I moved here 3 years ago from Colorado.

ShamrockFarmsInc.
08-22-2016, 11:17 PM
HI BECKY!!! So stoked to see you on here!!! Wish I could go but now at least I know where you are! Sharing your links with a new collie friend as well :)

onekindacowboy
08-23-2016, 01:36 AM
It doesn't look like I will make it as we have the opportunity to do a Judging practice in Springfield Il on Saturday. It is perfect prep for Congress.
Maybe next time.

lonesome_glory_2007
08-23-2016, 08:54 AM
I'm in and paid! Can't wait to see you all there! :grin