PDA

View Full Version : Anne Courtwright?

gibsongrrl
07-21-2005, 06:55 PM
I know this is a probably a waste of time, because it's been a few years, but had anyone heard from or know how to contact Anne Courtwright? I paid her $275 for a western saddle set and after emails, phone calls, letters, begging, I never got anything from her. I filed mail fraud with the post office and they sent her a threatening letter, but that's as far as it got.
I know some other folks were having trouble getting orders from her and I'm just wondering if anybody ever got their tack or money back?
I know it's probably a lost cause, but when I think about it to this day it makes me so very mad. :mad

-Kristie

sassymiss
07-21-2005, 08:49 PM
OMG Kristie! I LOVE your donkey...I'd even kiss it. LOL!

I do not know how to get in touch with Anne Courtwright but if anyone out in Blab land does, let me know. I traded her a $250 resin for a western tack set and never recieved my tack. She ended up selling it on ebay (MY resin) and promised my tack was in the mail and that was all I ever heard from her...still have all the emails to back it up though that account is no longer in service. I *had* her contact information (business card) somewhere a year or so ago and never got the b***s up to call her. Can't find that stack of cards though since the move...

Is Collette Robinson on here? She was successful about a year or maybe year and a 1/2 ago getting a harness cart from her I think...with the information I had on that business card (she called her I think...). Or at least I *think* she got her cart -- I know she reached her by phone. I am such a chicken when it comes to confrontation even if its over the phone!!!

Funny you brought this up...I was just thinking about that transaction a while back. Still makes me mad! Hasn't stopped me from trading but I do know that she took a lot of people for a lot of money! Too bad too as her work was really nice!

gibsongrrl
07-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Mary,

Like you, I hadn't the nerve to call her up myself, but my husband has actually talked to her twice. He tried through information and actually ended up calling her sister-in-law, who gave him Anne's number. Both times he talked to her he said she was very nice and said she would send the tack. But never has done it. this has been going on for I'd say at least three years.

I'd happily settle for a refund now, but I know that would probably be harder to get than the actual tack. :(

-Kristie

gibsongrrl
07-21-2005, 09:02 PM
OMG Kristie! I LOVE your donkey...I'd even kiss it. LOL!

oh! lol! Thanks. Sparky is a sweetie. He loves kisses! http://www.modelhorseblab.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

-Kristie

Jennifer
07-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Kristie,

I know of at least one other hobbyist (a friend who is the BEST to deal with) who was out even more than that with Anne. I'm afraid it's a lost cause...

(And your donkey really is cute enough to kiss!).

manx
07-21-2005, 10:21 PM
yes the title says true, I do feel sorry for all of those who have had bad dealings with other hobbiest.......:(

Kristie, sorry to read that you lost both your horse and your tack.
I wish I knew of a way to get it for you, but you have pretty much done all that you could do. And I understand about you not wanting to call, but maybe it might help(if it makes you scared - dont do it :) )

It makes one wonder why people do others so badly?