PDA

View Full Version : Introducing BT Design! :-)

alabama_sunshine
09-19-2016, 09:12 AM
Introducing BT Design!

My mom has always been very creative and - unlike me - has the ability and patience to do even finest craft work. So when I needed some swimsuits for my Breyer dolls it began. The idea to start a new hobby - making clothes for dolls and customizing them - was born. The first two dolls are getting close to being finished and I already am in total awe about how awesome and detailed they are. Many many hours of work went into the dolls and their clothes - the Lederhosen alone took 20 hours until it was finished.

Up for your consideration are "Zenzi" and "Sepp". They are dressed in traditional Bavarian clothing ("Dirndl" and "Lederhosen") and are ready to hit Octoberfest wich just started this weekend!

Zenzi

Zenzi started out life as a (new style) Breyer doll. She got new eyes (made of clay), hair and even real eyelashes! As my mom is not yet fully happy with her look it will be changed a bit. Zenzi's fingernails and toe nails are painted red to match her pretty dress. She's also wearing a matching necklace, earrings and hair ornament. Her hair will be styled differently as well.

The Dirndl set includes, traditional Bavarian underpants, socks & shoes, Dirndl blouse and of course the apron to go with the Dirndl. All parts of the clothing are not only hand-sewn but can be taken off (meaning they are not glued to the doll) and even carefully hand washed if necessary.

Sepp

This handsome man started out as a (new style) Breyer doll as well. He got some real hair (flocked), eybrows and eyelashes. As with Zenzi my mom is not yet satisfied with the look and will optimize that. Sepp also features new, realistic eyes.

The Lederhosen set includes socks & shoes, handmade felt hat with feather and edelweiss, long sleeve shirt and Lederhosen. The details here are breathtaking as well. My mom crafted authentic looking deer horn buttons and Edelweiss designs. These clothes also can be taken off if needed but should not be washed as for some of the crafted items a small amount of glue had to be used.

This Bavarian pair is absolutely unique and stunning. More dolls and other costumes/designs are already in the making - stay tuned! :-)

If there's enough interest my mom will happily accept custom orders. Since the clothes are sewed separately and not just glued to the doll they can also be ordered separately (without a doll).

More photos on MH$P or my website: www.alabama-sunshine-farm.de

Thanks for looking! :)

ALemon
09-19-2016, 11:53 AM
Wow!!! Those are so cool!!! Way to go Mom

champagnehorses
09-19-2016, 02:14 PM
Very cool! :thumbsup

Silverfang07
09-19-2016, 02:25 PM
Holy cow those are amazing! :0

alabama_sunshine