PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunate Reds to Suzanne Francis

turningthebarrel
10-25-2016, 03:26 PM
On August 1st Suzanne contact me asking if I would like to purchase a Glossy Pecos from her. We worked out a partial trade/partial cash deal, and I agreed. She sent me a couple pictures, however they weren't close-ups, and the gloss was hard to see on the model in the pictures. She told me that these models didn't come with COA's, which I thought to be correct, however I wasn't sure. She also told me that Pecos was a hard model to photograph with the gloss, but that he was mint condition, and if I wasn't happy with him, we could do an exchange once again, and we would each get our portion of the trade back. After a little bit of dealing we decided that I would send her $300, and then she would send me G. Pecos and then once I was happy with him, I would send my trade models. We did this in light of a few of her reds, which she explained as people wanting perfect models, or getting impatient when models weren't shipped immediately. I decided to accept that explanation...

So I sent a check (I believe on the 4th of August), and after asking her to confirm that it arrived, she finally let me know on the 11th that she deposited it. She then said that she would ship G Pecos. On the 24th she wrote and said she was sending it, and finally got a tracking number on the 25th. Mind you, that these communications are only after I sent several "reminder" emails for the shipment confirmation.

On the 28th, I wrote her to regretfully inform her that the horse was not at all in the mint condition she described. He had hardly any gloss, had stripes of bubbles on both sides and down 2 legs. I don't show my models, and small flaws don't bother me, but this was beyond small flaws. I kindly asked that she allow a return, in which I offered to pay return shipping, AND the $15 towards the shipping cost she incurred to get the model to me (more than fair in my opinion), and in return I would get $285 back.

She told me on the 29th that she would return the money, but it would be a month before she would be able to, as she had already spent it. I wrote back on Sept 2nd and said that that would be fine, and that I would ship Pecos back once the check was deposited back into my bank. She then told me that the bubbles didn't affect his value, and that the levels of gloss do vary, and offered to send his awards, but I declined, as I just wasn't happy with him...and so I waited for the return of my money...

And waited...

And waited...

I emailed her several times in September, and then in October, with no response. Finally, on October 19th, I emailed her and said that I was going to take this public, and leave her red lights unless I heard back from her and got my money back. I also asked for my full $300 back, as it was now almost 2 months since she agreed to send the money back, and I hadn't heard from her. I explained that I would leave red lights, which I would change to yellow should my money be returned.

She emailed me back on the 20th of October, saying that she always intended to return the money, and that I wanted the horse "sooo bad and wene you got him,his glossy was not thick enough and some tiny bubble on a leg? This is a Breyer horse! They are not perfect! You know this!"

She then said that she was leaving the hobby because of people like me, and that it was no fun anymore. I responded on the 20th and told her again that once receiving and depositing the check that I would immediately ship her model back with tracking, but only with the full $300 check. I also reminded her that the pictures did not show the flaws, and that there was no mention of the flaws. I then told her to please confirm with me that she got a check in the mail, by no later than the 24th.

I haven't heard from her since.

If you are reading this Suzanne, my offer still stands to retract my reds to yellows once my full $300 is returned. I don't want this horse, I simply want to return it to its rightful owner, upon the return of my money. I have since needed it for other things...

On the plus side, I have since located another Glossy Pecos that came with the COA, and has a beautiful glossy coat who now graces my collection. Thank you for reading...

Chelsea Benge
Chelsea's Model Horses

isalrae
10-25-2016, 03:30 PM
Sounds like a fake glossy... OF gloss doesn't work like that. I'm sorry this happened to you and hope it gets sorted out :(

RBrazil
10-25-2016, 03:41 PM
Sorry you are dealing with this. I had a bad experience with her also, but thank goodness I told her she had to ship first on a trade. She never did ship. At least I wasnt out anything buy my time and I could of sold the item to someone else while I was holding it for her. :sigh

turningthebarrel
10-25-2016, 04:06 PM
Sounds like a fake glossy... OF gloss doesn't work like that. I'm sorry this happened to you and hope it gets sorted out :(

I hate to say it, but I think it might be...but she sounds like she firmly believes it is real, and as I don't want to test it until I know for certain it's a lost cause, I can't verify that suspicion. I too hope it gets sorted out...not sure what else I can do. :(

Sorry you are dealing with this. I had a bad experience with her also, but thank goodness I told her she had to ship first on a trade. She never did ship. At least I wasnt out anything buy my time and I could of sold the item to someone else while I was holding it for her. :sigh

:hugg Thank you...I'm glad that you avoided your transaction with her! At least I didn't ship her my trade models first...there was a good deal of money in them, and as bad as it sounds, I'm glad that I am only losing the money, and not the models. (still very upset about the money though, don't get me wrong!)

RBrazil
10-25-2016, 04:17 PM
Do a search on her name on MHHR. There is a previous post about her selling a fake glossy back in 2013 Not sure if I am allowed to link to that thread or not. Just do a search on fake gloss on MHHR. There are some other people also but she comes up too.

turningthebarrel
10-25-2016, 04:22 PM
Do a search on her name on MHHR. There is a previous post about her selling a fake glossy back in 2013 Not sure if I am allowed to link to that thread or not. Just do a search on fake gloss on MHHR. There are some other people also but she comes up too.

That's strange...that report didn't come up last time I did my search...hmmm I wish I had seen that as well.

RBrazil
10-25-2016, 05:01 PM
:hugg

poodlegirl
10-25-2016, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I purchased a Glossy Bouncer from her a few years ago and it was definitely not real... I don't know if she believed him to be, but it was all such a mess. Thankfully I paid for him through Paypal and was able to file a dispute and Paypal went in my favor. I returned the model and had my money returned to me. I am sorry you are going through this...

One thing I learned through all that was if it seems too good to be true, it probably is! The Bouncer was a great deal-$300 if I remember correctly. :)

Aidan's Toy Trove
10-28-2016, 04:07 PM
I'm so sorry Chelsea :( You are such a wonderful person too. That's just horrible :somad

VWK'sanEasyGoer
10-28-2016, 05:35 PM
Anyone with any bit of time seriously into the hobby knows that glossy models may have slight small flaws in the gloss but nothing at all as serious as you describe. We all know that.

Dear Chelsea I am so sorry that this happened to you. From all my dealings with you over the years I know you to be of the upmost in honesty and integrity for business dealings. I'm so sad you're out the money.

Why I am becoming so gun shy of glossy prize models, and why I would never pay with a cheque. Too bad actions like this in the hobby occur.