PDA

View Full Version : Yellows for 2 Blabbers Landshark & Kated

Melinda
10-29-2016, 09:04 PM
I don't like doing this but I think people need to be held accountable for their actions. Both Landshark and Kated put out "Wanted" posts and then after I went out of my way both times to offer them one of the models they wanted, made deals,I pulled the model off sale from Ebay, did not hear from them for a couple of days after both agreed to pay then had to message them only to have one tell me they found it for less and the other with excuses about bills that they should have known were due. I think I'm more irritated that I had to message them to find out than I am that they backed out. Stand up and be responsible PLEASE!

Landshark
10-29-2016, 09:30 PM
Oh my God! I cannot believe this has been posted! What a shock! This is over a Leandro model! Yes, Melinda was nice enough to offer me one for sale at above cost. Then someone offered me one at cost. I wrote to Melinda and told her someone offered me one for sale at cost and she said "no problem and have fun at the Chasing the Chesapeake event". I had no idea there was any problem here. This was weeks ago! She never said there was a problem!! And certainly this is the very first time I have heard anything bad from her!

Erin Schaefer

ps... I also had no idea it was up on eBay or anything and she even said if I didn't want it there was no hard feelings. I have all the PM messages. I am in the twighlight zone!

Melinda
10-29-2016, 09:50 PM
Does it matter that it was a Leandro model over cost? Did I tell you ok no problem, yes since like I said I hate to do this but you DID agree to buy it and told me you would pay in the morning, then after no payment for 2 days I had to message you in order for you to tell me you found one at cost. Sorry I guess I should have jumped on you then instead of trying to be the bigger person but after having it done to me again I decided not to let it go.

Landshark
10-29-2016, 10:06 PM
You NEVER discussed any problem with this transaction at all from 9/26 until right now at 10:55 PM 10/29. Shame on you. Every one of your messages are sweet to me and kind. Nothing you sent me showed any problem and I even asked you if there would be a problem. I have no idea about your eBay situation or anything with Kated. I was honest and straightforward with everything. You told me more than once if I didn't want the model it was okay. So you know what, I didn't want it. I felt bad I found one at cost and told you so. And YOU understood and told me to have a nice time at the Chesapeake event and we were finished. It is not my fault that a month later you are feeling bad about this. And no, I messaged you as soon as I was able to. You never had to prod me and I was never avoiding you. Don't know what is making you feel bad about this suddenly on a Saturday night.... Very sad. I have all PMs if anyone wants to see the full conversation, which is all very pleasant.

Erin Schaefer

Brenda
10-29-2016, 11:01 PM
I'm a little hesitant to say anything, but I am indirectly involved. I got a PM asking me for verification on something and I told the person my impression, which is basically what she was asking for. I don't remember the outcome, if she told me what she was going to do, but I'm a little surprised this happened, especially since I received no follow-up message.

i'm not trying to be purposely cryptic. The people involved know who they are and what their involvement was, but if you need me to be more specific about my involvement, then I will do so.

brenda lacy

VWK'sanEasyGoer
10-30-2016, 06:36 AM
To the OP - did you inform the two people you're posting yellows about prior to posting here? I know that's one of the rules. The TTB is an impartial factual tool about the credibility of hobbyists and about actual facts that occur. People are to be informed prior to posting negatively. It's not to be a "slander because I'm mad board".

And why wait so long to post the yellows?

Brenda
10-30-2016, 09:44 AM
Judging by Erin's reaction I'd be willing to say that no, she didn't let them know beforehand. Waiting so long to post yellows does seem unusual.

Melinda
10-30-2016, 10:24 AM
To the OP - did you inform the two people you're posting yellows about prior to posting here? I know that's one of the rules. The TTB is an impartial factual tool about the credibility of hobbyists and about actual facts that occur. People are to be informed prior to posting negatively. It's not to be a "slander because I'm mad board".

And why wait so long to post the yellows?

Well first off the transaction blow-up with Kated only happened yesterday so I did not wait to post yellows for her.

Second here is the quote from the TTB rules "The other party may be named, but if that person is not on Blab, in the interest of fairness, please let the individual you are reporting know you are posting and why, with a link to the Blab thread. Advise them they can register and respond at no cost. This clearly says "if the person is NOT a member of Blab"

Third I was upset with the transaction with Erin but decided to take the high road at that point since I am a forgiving person but the details I posted are still true. She agreed to pay me the next morning and then after a couple of days when I messaged her she then informed me she had bought one for less. So Erin I apologize for not being honest with you in the first place and letting you know that I was upset.

Fourth, I did not post anything slanderous or angrily written unless you count my comment about being responsible. All other words are fact and meant to let others know that these people may not follow thru on a transaction. Is that not what posting a yellow light is for?

One last thing, is it only permissible to post red or yellow lights for people who do not participate in this forum? Are we to just accept someone else's behavior simply because they belong to this group?

Landshark
10-30-2016, 10:49 AM
Okay, let me try to respond to this email that still makes no sense to me. I had to look up in my records to even see who Melinda was.... Sorry, but she posted this nasty email out of nowhere and I could not remember who she was. I am slow at deleting my PMs and found them all here. I see the "transaction" on 9/26. She offered me a Leadro for $200. Then, yes, I found one at cost. I told her I found one and felt very bad that I wanted to accept the one at cost and ASKED her if she was okay with that. It was a couple of days after finding hers. There was no rush (on either side) with the deal. She said she was fine, knew the savings were equivalent to a tank of gas, told me to have a great time and that was it. Does that sound like someone taking the high road? If she had not been okay, or told me anything that indicated a problem, I would have kept to our sale. I never ran away from her or ignored her. I do not read between the lines and take emails at face value.

This is has nothing to do w being in Blab. This is just a transaction. I also don't like being thrown in w a "problem" with Kated. I have no idea what it might be. But I did write to Brenda now to see which one of us she was talking about.

This is is one lousy time I wanted to try and get a web special at cost instead of being the one always selling at cost. I answered her when I could and was straightforward about things and then what, a month goes by and without any word she decides to yellow light me publically? Melinda, you need to decide quicker if you are not happy with something and let the other person know. I would have bought that Leadro from you if I had known. A shame this is what's been on your mind the past MONTH! I can't even imagine hanging on to something like this for a month. It's not healthy. Really.

Erin Schaefer

VWK'sanEasyGoer
10-30-2016, 11:25 AM
Well first off the transaction blow-up with Kated only happened yesterday so I did not wait to post yellows for her.

Second here is the quote from the TTB rules "The other party may be named, but if that person is not on Blab, in the interest of fairness, please let the individual you are reporting know you are posting and why, with a link to the Blab thread. Advise them they can register and respond at no cost. This clearly says "if the person is NOT a member of Blab"

Third I was upset with the transaction with Erin but decided to take the high road at that point since I am a forgiving person but the details I posted are still true. She agreed to pay me the next morning and then after a couple of days when I messaged her she then informed me she had bought one for less. So Erin I apologize for not being honest with you in the first place and letting you know that I was upset.

Fourth, I did not post anything slanderous or angrily written unless you count my comment about being responsible. All other words are fact and meant to let others know that these people may not follow thru on a transaction. Is that not what posting a yellow light is for?

One last thing, is it only permissible to post red or yellow lights for people who do not participate in this forum? Are we to just accept someone else's behavior simply because they belong to this group?

Thanks for clarifying. I guess I just assumed it would be the ethical thing to do to let someone know that a negative is going to be posted about them prior to doing it, especially if they were an active member on Blab. I actually didn't know you didn't have to tell them if they were on Blab. Thanks for quoting it and clarifying it for me and everyone else here. And as to posting about people both on and off the forum you answered that question in what you quoted from the rules.

So you didn't have a problem with Erin until you had a problem with Kated and thought you'd just group them together? Sorry if I'm confused. Because you had a problem with a recent transaction with Kated you wanted to post a yellow about it and because something similar happened with Erin almost a month ago but at the time you told her it was OK, it still warranted a yellow currently about it? Did I get that right? So you really weren't OK with it for Erin but you just told her it was?

Aidan's Toy Trove
10-30-2016, 11:28 AM
I have nothing to say about this particular transaction but I will say I have had nothing but superb transactions with Landshark :)

Brenda
10-30-2016, 12:35 PM
I think I've seen yellows and even reds for Blabbers before so, no, the lights aren't only for non-Blabbers.

juliacodeman
10-30-2016, 01:02 PM
I want to second what Aidan's Toy Trove said, and say I've had many transactions with Landshark, and she is always good for her word, even some extremely expensive models-and thus I trust her completely. She's always been completely reliable and paid exactly when she says she will. I would have to give Landshark about twenty or thirty GREENs, as we've exchanged that many models.

As for Kated. I've had great communication, Kated has been totally reliable and even shipped my models with a faster shipping method than I even expect-and done exactly what she's said she would. I've had nothing but positive experiences with these ladies, and Melinda I am sorry if you feel otherwise. Unexpected bills do come up, especially for people who are single moms and paying a mortgage. Everyone's got their cross to bear in this life, and compassion for one another goes a long, long way. Removing a listing from eBay is a pain, and I've done the same thing-but it would be more of a mess if you left it and then the Blabber went through with a purchase and in the meantime someone hit buy it now on your listing, yes? So if you are thinking of selling something you've got listed, you can always pop your sale on hold until you find out if it's a solid deal or not.

kated
10-30-2016, 08:52 PM
All I'm going to say is

Wow......

kated
10-30-2016, 09:29 PM
And will add
I've never screwed anyone over!!
I'm sorry but things happen in life that can't be helped
I'm sorry but my unexpected bills are more important then me splurging on a plastic horse so ....if that gives me a yellow because my priorities are my billsand my kid then oh well
I did nothing wrong !!!

Melinda
10-30-2016, 10:31 PM
So Erin, on 9/26 you wrote this to me "Great! Will lay tomorrow. Too late now. Thanks" Which I took to mean "pay" instead of "lay" and so was expecting payment in the morning. Then on 9/28, 2 days later you write this to me after I had to message you to ask if you had changed your mind
"Someone literally just emailed me they got a second one and offered it to me at cost... I could not resist that... it was a big savings for me. I hope you understand. People are still looking for him so I think you will be able to sell him. I never do this to anyone, but I could not pass up saving all that money. Especially with the Chesapeake event coming up. Thank you tho so much...."
So are these facts not true? You are trying to make it sound like we did not have a deal. You are right that I said nothing about Ebay, I had forgotten that he had just came so I'm sorry for blaming you for that. You are also right about not telling someone right away but your message left no doubt you had already purchased the second one so at the time I saw no sense in making a huge fuss. I also though do not appreciate your remarks in your response about how sad it is that I have held on to this for a month. It is not your place to judge my feelings. Funny how no one called You on that but my post is considered "Nasty"?

So Kated, on 10/22 you posted a "wanted to buy list of several plastic ponies". On 10/23 after I answered your post you replied and asked what was the lowest I would take and would I do time payments. On 10/25 you tell me you could do the $200 I messaged you back with and $50 payments every two weeks. That sounds like we made a deal to me. Then 4 days later after I had to message you I'm told you can't because a bill you thought was due in November needs paid now. Are these not the facts? I don't expect any one to put plastic ponies before kids or bills but I wasn't the one ACTIVELY looking when I knew my bills were going to be due within a couple of weeks.
Did anyone read the last line of my original post where it says I'm most upset because NEITHER of you had the common courtesy to let me know you were backing out (the reason doesn't make any difference). You both are making it look like I'm at fault for being upset and letting people know the truth. WOW is right! Oh my, someone stood up and said you did something that was not right. WOW.

Landshark
10-30-2016, 10:58 PM
So Erin, on 9/26 you wrote this to me "Great! Will lay tomorrow. Too late now. Thanks" Which I took to mean "pay" instead of "lay" and so was expecting payment in the morning. Then on 9/28, 2 days later you write this to me after I had to message you to ask if you had changed your mind
"Someone literally just emailed me they got a second one and offered it to me at cost... I could not resist that... it was a big savings for me. I hope you understand. People are still looking for him so I think you will be able to sell him. I never do this to anyone, but I could not pass up saving all that money. Especially with the Chesapeake event coming up. Thank you tho so much...."
So are these facts not true? You are trying to make it sound like we did not have a deal. You are right that I said nothing about Ebay, I had forgotten that he had just came so I'm sorry for blaming you for that. You are also right about not telling someone right away but your message left no doubt you had already purchased the second one so at the time I saw no sense in making a huge fuss. I also though do not appreciate your remarks in your response about how sad it is that I have held on to this for a month. It is not your place to judge my feelings. Funny how no one called You on that but my post is considered "Nasty"?

Melinda, I think your way of dealing with this is horrible, YOU waited a MONTH to tell the world you are mad at me. You never told me personally or gave me a chance to respond to you. Maybe it took me two days to get back to you. Whatever. There never seemed to be a rush in our deal at all.... you kept saying if I didn't want him it was okay. If you told me it was not okay that I found one for less money, I would have purchased yours, no questions asked. But YOU said you understood, knew it was a tank of gas for me, and wished me a good time (I feel like a broken record now). No, I cannot judge your feelings, but I do not think the way you handle things are healthy or correct, IMHO. It is WRONG to tell someone things are okay, and then wait an entire month and then yellow light them publicly without any prior discussion with said person. Turn this whole thing around and how would you like it? Maybe a month from now I will yellow light you for this thread. How would you like it? What you are doing is nasty. Oh and by the way, I DID tell you I was backing out and why.... but I also would have BOUGHT THE HORSE if you were not okay with it! Sorry it took me one or two days to tell you this, but you did not have a waiting list for the model and nothing seemed to be in a rush regarding this transaction. I was honest from start to finish.

I have no idea what happened with Kated, but I also do not think you should be lumping her and I together on two completely different transactions (concerning the same model, I think!?), a month apart! You have made her feel awful about this, and it seems as though she also did not expect this yellow from you.

You say you are done with this post so I sure hope so... you are welcome to PM me privately if you have anything else to say about our "transaction".

I have never been so repetitive before - gee... I must be done...

Erin Schaefer

kated
10-31-2016, 04:11 AM
This really is insane!!!

My personal problems are really no ones business unless I post publicly!!!
And to get the facts straight...
This "bill" was not expected!!!!!!
So instead of freaking out and publicly bashing me for things you know nothing about you could of been an adult and spoke privately about this!!
I have ended auctions and had to relist because people back out not big deal.This whole thing was really uncalled for
You think what ever of me I really don't care

houndstooth77
10-31-2016, 01:34 PM
Just out of curiosity, Melinda, what is your first and last name? Rule #1 says you have to post your first and last name...or put it in the thread at the top...and I don't see it in either.

Josh Hoffman

Princesstriage
10-31-2016, 03:56 PM
I'm not sure why we're saying someone is irresponsible because a bill came in earlier than expected. It actually happened here in our home too. We changed home insurance companies last year and it just slipped minds that it pushed the payment up to an earlier date. This in no way shape or form makes my family irresponsible considering the amount of stuff that goes on in a year...it does however require an adjustment to the budget.

Chelsea Baran

Melinda
10-31-2016, 07:35 PM
My name is Melinda Redden, Josh. I believe we sat at the same table at the SHC event at which I won the table model you asked about. The moderator PM'd me about my full name so here it is. Chelsea I keep saying they were irresponsible for not having the common courtesy to message me, I had to follow up with them, Kated after 4 days. Why has no one addressed that or even acted like they read it. They both flicked me off like a fly anyway so what does it even matter. Erin did not even remember me so what does that say? I evidently am more serious about giving my word then is expected from a lot of people in the hobby since no one sees this as a problem and think I'm being petty. Melinda Redden

kated
10-31-2016, 07:37 PM
We really didn't message much and it wasnt dragged out but,
Since I'm such an ass for not knowing the oil was being filled
Message was sent on 25th I replied the 29th
I work three jobs and have my son not online much

kated
10-31-2016, 07:41 PM
My name is Melinda Redden, Josh. I believe we sat at the same table at the SHC event at which I won the table model you asked about. The moderator PM'd me about my full name so here it is. Chelsea I keep saying they were irresponsible for not having the common courtesy to message me, I had to follow up with them, Kated after 4 days. Why has no one addressed that or even acted like they read it. They both flicked me off like a fly anyway so what does it even matter. Erin did not even remember me so what does that say? I evidently am more serious about giving my word then is expected from a lot of people in the hobby since no one sees this as a problem and think I'm being petty. Melinda Redden

I work three jobs plus have my son! I responded as soon as I could I did not plan on the bill it was unexpected
So I had no freaking clue I was going to have that
This is so sad this is even happening
Wtf

Brenda
10-31-2016, 07:46 PM
I'm sure I'll get into trouble for this and if I do, I'll accept it. However, Kated in the past has put up ads looking for certain models and a day or two later is trying to sell some real quick due to unforeseen circumstances, but then a week later she's posting about wanting a specific model. Yes, unexpected things do come up. It happens to all of us. But to some it seems to happen more.

as for the situation with Erin...if I'm reading the timeline correctly...she agreed to buy Melinda's model then a short while later was offered the same model for a good chunk of change less...so she accepted the lesser-expensive model before checking with Melinda that it would be okay? If that's the case then she should've checked with Melinda first before agreeing to buy the cheaper model.

i think stuff has been done incorrectly on both sides.

Princesstriage
10-31-2016, 07:56 PM
Personally, while I am not 100% sure I would be ok with it myself if I had a transaction the way it did with Erin. However, I wouldn't wait a month to post the lights and toss it in with another yellow light where it looks like you just got overly frustrated with the whole situation and threw Landshark in with Kated. I don't necessarily blame you for your frustration but I don't personally think you handled it the right way.

Now, again... as far as kate goes, she had something come up. Yes, maybe she could have kept better eye on her oil consumption but these things can and do happen. Maybe she's developed a small leak (I seriously hope not) that caused her to run lower now than she thought she would be at this point in time. God forbid she decide she needs to pay for the oil to keep her home warm during a NJ winter vs. paying for the piece of plastic she really did want. Maybe she should have told you sooner, sure... but making sure she's keeping her house over her head was probably more important to her, and she was hoping you would understand. Again, I do understand your frustration with the situation but show just a little bit of compassion. Unexpected bills can and do come up, and sometimes they can force us to back out of something that we wanted to do and sometimes they can even make us have to sell things we don't want to sell.

One final note, you may not have to alert blabbers to a light you post about them on here, but just like non-blabbers have the right to join blab and come speak their side of the story so do other blabbers have the right to speak theirs when they see the light. It is up for people who do a search later and see these lights to decide what to make of them.

Landshark
10-31-2016, 10:43 PM
I am so tired of this. And very upset over this. Two days went by with this entire transaction. No, Melinda, I did not remember you a month later when I suddenly, unexpectedly saw this yellow light. I am sorry. That's life. I don't remember who I dealt with at the drug store last week either. You and I did not have a life changing moment that I would remember. Maybe it's age... Maybe it's due to some other thing. It's just the way it is and it's nothing personal. If you want to hate me for that, then that's your problem.

I did not buy the second Leandro before I informed Melinda. Sorry I was not clear on this. I said I found one at cost. If Melinda had said there was a problem with me finding one at cost then we would have discussed this. She was fine with it. I have PMs from her constantly asking me if I still wanted the model, was I sure, etc.... There did not seem to be any problem on her end!!! I cannot stress this enough!!

I am done with this. You all can reach your own conclusions.

Erin Schaefer

Mary
11-02-2016, 09:56 AM
Mod note

We will now close this thread as new information is not being added.

I saw this thread while traveling and was not able to post. But it is true that another person's personal details are not to be shared on TTB (or elsewhere on Blab). It's unfortunate that kated felt she needed to share more information to defend herself, but Blab's moderation has always had the caveat that it can be slow as Blab is only lightly moderated. Some post editing is in order, but of course that horse has rather left the barn as far as those who read it before edits were made.

I need to update the phrasing on who should be notified and when. Although the phrase did refer to non-members, we ask that Blab members be notified of TTB postings about them as well. It's intended to be general, not including or excluding certain people. TTB is intended to allow both sides to give their side of what happened.

And, TTB is for an information exchange. Members have chosen to use green/yellow/red light designations, but Blab has not official position on 'lights'. It's up to whoever is posting as to when and how they use those terms.

I hope that clarifies things. If anyone has any further questions, or thinks the thread should be re-opened for new information, please PM me. Thanks. :)