PDA

View Full Version : problem with wrong model shipped to me

Lora
11-10-2016, 05:18 AM
I bought an Old Timer from E-Bay US. It has been shipped to me via global shipping program.
Now the seller has contacted me, that she or the post office has sent me the wrong model :(
Mistakes happen and I am not mad at the seller or anything lke that. she offered to pay the shipping for the model back to her and she would ship my Old Timer as soon as she gets the Old Timer back
- I don't know how big or heavy the model is she accidently sent me, if she packed it in a big box or small box , how breakable it is etc. If I can't ship it in a box not exeeding length+width+height <= 90cm and less than 2kg shipping will be very expensive to her :( .
- I have this Saturday where I can ship models but the parcel is not here yet. Possibly I won't get it before Monday. Problem is the following saturday I'm on the london Tour Event from Copperfox and can't ship anything. and I'm not sure if the post office is open on Sundays, so it could be almost 2 weeks before I can ship the model back :(
- if she ships the model the normal way and declares full value i will have to pay custom fees + fees to collect custom fees. I buy almost exclusively models shipped with global shipping program to avoid those fees (yes it works, I live in UK)
- I don't know how refunds work with gloabl shipping program at all :(

Anyone has any experience ? Don't want to make things more difficult then necessary . I have bought from the seller before without any problem and I don't blame her, mistakes happen.

Ulla Harneit

summerwinds
11-10-2016, 08:43 AM
I live in the US and only ship and buy in the US so I won't be much help, but I can tell you to tell the seller exactly what you just said. Explain that you will be happy to ship back the incorrect model if all fees and shipping costs are covered for you for the incorrect model going back and the correct model coming to you (technically you paid your shipping fees already...it is not your fault this mistake happened). Also let your seller know of your scheduling issues/delays so they are not caught off guard. As long as you are honest, I am sure they will be fine with it

Lora
11-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Thanks where is small hope that the other person , who has my model , is also in the UK so we could just swap the models

Ulla Harneit

Lora
11-11-2016, 07:32 AM
Unfortunately the other person is in Canada. phoned E-Bay yesterday, so hopefully everything will work out. That i get my money back and the seller the model, so she can sent it to the other person in Canada.

Ulla Harneit

juliacodeman
11-11-2016, 08:36 AM
I would simply ask the seller if you can send the model directly to the other person, I've done this, and the seller will paypal you the cost for shipping. That would be faster, easier and cheaper, I would think.

Lora
11-11-2016, 09:08 AM
If E-Bay would agree to that ? It was sent with the global shipping program . I would want my money back, the amount the seller got and the amount I sent to the global shipping program. Shipping the Old Timer to me from Canada would be expensive for the seller and for me (custom fees + fees to collect custom fees) . I just hope that the seller gets the model back which was sent to me and that it will arrive today. but i guess i have to follow E-Bay procedure. If the other buyer would have been in Europe we could have simply swapped the models.

Ulla Harneit

Aidan's Toy Trove
11-12-2016, 12:05 PM
I just wanted to say, BRAVO to the seller for stepping up to the plate and taking care of this :clap

Lora
11-13-2016, 08:19 AM
Current status is I sent the model back (I have not much time to ship models the next 2 weeks and I think the person in Canada wants her models). But I haven't received anything from the seller, not even the money to ship the wrong models back.
I did what E-Bay told me to do , took photos of the parcel and the models and the seller agreed to the return.
I got a message that the seller could not print a return label (may be because of the international nature and i should contact the seller. I did that.
At the return side it said I should ship the mdels back and the seller would reimburse me. But I'm still waiting for that...
May be I should have kept the models until she paid me the $30 I honestly believed I would have to pay (paid that for the first package I shipped to US yesterday , unrelated to this case and paid that for every other parcel to US) .It ended up cheaper, like $22 or $23 (currencyconversion) because the parcel was below 1 kg.
I was hoping the seller would sent me the money but until now, nothing. Can hope I get it back once she received the parcel...

Ulla Harneit

Aidan's Toy Trove
11-13-2016, 02:04 PM
As a seller on eBay, I can confirm that that I can't create an International return shipping label. However, you should definitely be reimbursed for your shipping cost. I recommend escalating the return request to a Claim or giving eBay a call. eBay really is pro buyer and I have a hard time believing that they wouldn't fix this for you.

Lora
11-13-2016, 03:30 PM
Thanks :) if the mix up was the fault of the global shipping center, than they should pay for everything. Will wait a bit I think

Ulla Harneit