PDA

View Full Version : Flashing yellows for eBay seller Silverhixx

Brenda
11-21-2016, 06:44 PM
Earlier this month I bought a model from her using 'buy it now'. I had bought it as a gift for someone. Whenever I checked to see if it had shipped, it said nothing, gave no information, until the day it was *supposed* to arrive. Problem is, by then it said my package had been delivered. But it hadn't. I contacted the seller for assistance and she basically said it wasn't her problem, but she would check with the post office and suggested I do the same. That's the last I heard from her. I sent another message and her response was just to give the tracking number again. So I went to the USPS website to see what I could do and it said I needed the shipper's address and a description of the package so I sent a message to the seller asking for this and she never responded so I escalated the case I had opened. That was this morning. About an hour ago, I logged into eBay and discovered the case had been closed and I wouldn't get a refund. How could they close a case without all the information? So I opened a case with PayPal, but I don't have very high hopes about that going in my favor either. It's not an expensive model, but if I pay for something I expect to get it. Silly me. I sent her another request for her address and a description of the box and told her I'd be posting lights against her. Originally I was going to post red, but decided to go with yellow, color change pending the outcome of my most recent message to her.

This is the first time something like this has happened to me so I'm pretty bummed, especially since I'd bought it as a gift.

brenda lacy

VWK'sanEasyGoer
11-21-2016, 07:42 PM
Oh dear. If I were you I'd contact Ebay again. They shouldn't have settled it so quickly. The seller sounds as if they're being "not helpful" and you're left hanging. I'd call Ebay and pursue that angle vigorously. They shouldn't close a case without any contact with you. There is an issues. If the seller shipped it to you, you'd get it. You didn't and there was never any shipping info at all available.

T-Whinny Gal
11-21-2016, 07:57 PM
Sorry you have had this trouble with your purchase. I have bought from Silverhixx on ebay multiple times and my purchases have always been shipped right away with no problems. The models have all been great and packing was sufficient too. I am surprised to hear this about her. Hope it all works out for you.

Brenda
11-21-2016, 07:59 PM
I filed an appeal and I'm waiting to hear on that. I agree. The only reason they closed the file is that the tracking notice said the package had been delivered. But it hadn't. My mom is home all day and we have two dogs that bark when a fly sneezes. There's no way the postal person could've gotten away with leaving something. Tracking states it was left at 2:35pm and I was home 15 minutes later. This just really sucks because she isn't helping me at all. I need her name and address and she won't give me either.

Brenda
11-21-2016, 08:00 PM
Sorry you have had this trouble with your purchase. I have bought from Silverhixx on ebay multiple times and my purchases have always been shipped right away with no problems. The models have all been great and packing was sufficient too. I am surprised to hear this about her. Hope it all works out for you.

Thank you. I've boughten from her before and never had a problem, which is why I had no qualms doing it again.

Eleda
11-21-2016, 08:10 PM
The trouble is that USPS has no accountability. If they say something is delivered, they consider that the end of the story, and since there's no way to dispute it with them, eBay and PayPal have to take their word for it. It's not right, and this isn't the first time something like this has shown up on Blab. When you go into tracking for the package, does it show being received at your town's PO as the last step before delivery? That's important, as we once had a box get delivered to ZIP 04011 instead of to us at 04041... Luckily, they realized their mistake (or the recipient did) and it got rerouted back to us. If it DOES show your town's PO, you may have luck going directly to your Postmaster in person and explaining the situation. He/she may be able to check with the driver, who *may* remember where they left the box.

Fingers are crossed for you!

Melinda
11-21-2016, 08:41 PM
I filed an appeal and I'm waiting to hear on that. I agree. The only reason they closed the file is that the tracking notice said the package had been delivered. But it hadn't. My mom is home all day and we have two dogs that bark when a fly sneezes. There's no way the postal person could've gotten away with leaving something. Tracking states it was left at 2:35pm and I was home 15 minutes later. This just really sucks because she isn't helping me at all. I need her name and address and she won't give me either.

I'm sorry that your package is missing Brenda. You said that you checked on Ebay and found out the case was closed. Did you check your actual email too to see if she sent her name and address there instead of putting them in the case details? I'm afraid though that I don't see how it is the sellers fault if they ship a package with the correct address on it and have a tracking number but it is missing and the post office shows it was delivered. Personally as a seller I'm not refunding any purchase if it shows delivered as long as I had all my information correct. I know it is a pain to have to go to the actual postmaster but you can't expect her to try to get thru to them on the phone, that's almost impossible, especially this time of the year. The only time Ebay will side with the buyer in a case like this is if #1 they changed the ship to address or #2 the sale if over $250 and they did not have the buyer sign for it. Straight up Ebay policy to protect the seller. That advice from Eleda sounds like the best idea.

Princesstriage
11-21-2016, 08:56 PM
I've had an item show up delivered once on the site, however if I remember correctly it showed to a different area of town. I immediately called the USPS to see what was going on or if anything could be done about it, I did have an accommodating seller though who said she was more than willing to do what she could to help them track down the package. Luckily, it was found (whether it was a case of the people it got dropped with brought it over for me, brought it back to the PO or the carrier was able to track it down and fix their mistakes, I dunno) and delivered. So it was easy enough to wrap up.

I'm not sure why the seller is being difficult, maybe you can try shooting her an other contact and just let her know you were hoping she could help you track it down, not that you are claiming you didn't receive it... I dunno.

I really hope your package will show up for you!

Melinda
11-21-2016, 09:34 PM
Oh yes and did you email her this link and invite her to defend herself since she is not a member of Blab? Right Mary?

VWK'sanEasyGoer
11-21-2016, 09:46 PM
Really helpful you remembered that Melinda.

If this helps Brenda I had a package I sent go to the Post Office that showed delivered but the recipient never got it. It was a PO box though.

Anyways I called USPS at 800-ASK-USPS® (800-275-8777) and got a very helpful clerk without too much of a wait. I had my tracking#. She took it very seriously and called the Post Office where it was supposed to delivered. Spoke to a manager and got a copy of the signature from who picked it up. Not the person on the shipping label. Turns out the PO transposed a couple numbers on the PO Box address and gave it to the wrong person! So we were able to exactly determine what happened to the box. My story had a happy ending as the Post Office manager knew the business they'd accidentally given the box to so they got it back and to the right person.

Hope this will help you.

Beethovens7th
11-21-2016, 09:53 PM
Dang it. i hope you get your package, Brenda! :tsktsk i have thought about buying from her...

Brenda
11-21-2016, 10:58 PM
There's too much going on to answer individually so I'll try to answer everyone's questions here.

Eleda...yes, it shows as arriving at my city's main post office before being delivered. Unfortunately, that office is closed on the weekends and my work hours would not allow me to go down in person. I have tried calling, but got nowhere.

Melinda...no message from her went anywhere than my eBay inbox. She did NOT provide me with her name and address. When I asked for it, her response was just to give me the tracking number again. If she had given me her name and address as I had requested, I wouldn't have felt the need to escalate the case with eBay yet. I finally found an email for her and told her that because she wasn't being cooperative, I was going to file a case with PayPal and post lights for her. I don't want this crap. I just want what I paid for. She said she would contact the post office but then I didn't hear from her again until I requested her name and address so I could contact the post office. There are specific things they want and I can't give them that because the buyer won't provide them.

thank you, Victoria. My package was delivered to a regular house. My mom is home all day and the dogs would've alerted her if someone had brought a package. I was also home about 15 minutes after the tracking number said it was delivered. She didn't see anything nor did my brother.

thank you, Chelsea. I have asked her twice for her contact information, but she wouldn't provide it. She didn't outright say "I'm not giving it to you" but she never replied to either request other than to provide the tracking number again. That was the point I started getting a little testy. No comments, just the tracking number.

thank you, Shannon. :hugg. I don't know that I would discourage you from buying from her, I'm just sharing this particular instance. Like I said earlier, I've boughten from her before with no issue.

*** correction*** she did not say she'd contact the post office she said she'd contact eBay to find out if she was responsible and I heard no further. I have received three eBay messages from her. The first provided only the shipping information. The 2nd one was to ask if the address she had for me was correct, said she'd contact eBay and suggested I get in touch with the PO. The 3rd one was to give me the tracking number again...no other text.

Mary
11-21-2016, 11:33 PM
Brenda, I don't know if this will help, but I'd suggest contacting your local post office. If you have their *local* phone number (not the 800 number) you could do it that way, otherwise, just go to the package pick-up desk.

The few times I ever had a package go missing that was reported delivered (maybe 3 times?) the local PO was able to track down what really happened to it. Not through the computer, but just from knowing how their office worked, and who would have touched what.

It's a pain and time-consuming. But maybe there is at least a small chance of retrieving the package.

Whatever you do, good luck! Hope this package makes its way to you! :)

Brenda
11-22-2016, 01:07 AM
Hi, Mary. Thank you for the suggestion. Phoning them certainly doesn't help. My work hours don't mesh very well with theirs and they're closed on the weekends. I am off this Friday so I will see about going down to talk to them in person. Unfortunately, almost two weeks will have passed since it was allegedly delivered to my house so if someone took it from our porch or it was delivered to the wrong house, I don't think I will ever see it, which is a shame, but you can only do as much as you can do.

FourWindsFarm
11-22-2016, 11:01 AM
I've had multiple packages delivered to the wrong house by UPS/FedEx-- the only reason it hasn't happened with USPS is because everyone in town has a PO Box, and even then, sometimes the delivery slip is in the wrong box. Usually it's caught when the person tries to claim the box, but not always. I'm sorry this happened to you. If it shows delivered to the correct address, even if you didn't get it, it's not the seller's responsibility, unfortunately. You need to talk to the postmaster and your neighbors or people with a similar address. We're 110 S. Ash but we get packages meant for 110 N. Ash all the time, and vice versa. On more than one occasion, I've met her walking my way with a box meant for me while I was walking her way with one that was hers! There's a woman with a similar name as me two streets over, and she's received my stuff, too. Thankfully we're a small town and most people are honest and will just bring it by.

Also check in strange places on your property-- bushes, in the garage, behind flower pots, etc.

Brenda
11-22-2016, 11:22 AM
I've had multiple packages delivered to the wrong house by UPS/FedEx-- the only reason it hasn't happened with USPS is because everyone in town has a PO Box, and even then, sometimes the delivery slip is in the wrong box. Usually it's caught when the person tries to claim the box, but not always. I'm sorry this happened to you. If it shows delivered to the correct address, even if you didn't get it, it's not the seller's responsibility, unfortunately. You need to talk to the postmaster and your neighbors or people with a similar address. We're 110 S. Ash but we get packages meant for 110 N. Ash all the time, and vice versa. On more than one occasion, I've met her walking my way with a box meant for me while I was walking her way with one that was hers! There's a woman with a similar name as me two houses over, and she's received my stuff, too. Thankfully we're a small town and most people are honest and will just bring it by.

Also check in strange places on your property-- bushes, in the garage, behind flower pots, etc.

Thank you. Believe me, I've looked everywhere. We have no bushes to speak of in front of the house, just a small tree and a horse-sized box would definitely stand out, but I went out the next morning to look and there was nothing. Usually the postal carrier will deliver any larger packages first before starting the route and there's only 2 places they put larger items if they don't knock on the door/ring the doorbell (we don't have a doorbell) and I've looked there. I've asked my mom and she is home all day. But they didn't bring anything to her so I just don't know. This has happened one time before, but like, 10 years ago. He'd delivered it to the wrong address and once the Postmaster General got involved, they were able to recover my package from the wrong address so it all worked out, but if someone walked off with my box as opposed to it being delivered to the wrong address, there's nothing the post office can do either.

My lights were really more for her unwillingness to help, you know?

juliacodeman
11-22-2016, 10:56 PM
I am so thankful and fortunate that my mail carrier opens my front door and puts my packages inside my house. That just reminded me to go out and get her something for the holidays in thanks-she really doesn't have to do what she does, and I am so appreciative. It's such a bummer when something goes missing. I hope it's straightened out at some point, and someone knows where they delivered it!

Aidan's Toy Trove
11-22-2016, 11:49 PM
This stinks, I'm sorry. Unfortunately, in eBay's eyes, this is one of the rare cases where they will side with the seller. If the package shows as delivered to the destination zip code it's an open and shut case in their system. I hope you are able to work this out. How frustrating! Have you by chance checked with your neighbors to see if the package might have accidentally been delivered there?

Brenda
11-23-2016, 12:49 AM
I am so thankful and fortunate that my mail carrier opens my front door and puts my packages inside my house. That just reminded me to go out and get her something for the holidays in thanks-she really doesn't have to do what she does, and I am so appreciative. It's such a bummer when something goes missing. I hope it's straightened out at some point, and someone knows where they delivered it!

we don't have storm doors or screen doors on ours so they can't open the outer door to leave a package. The dogs would've definitely gone nuts had someone done that. :haha

This stinks, I'm sorry. Unfortunately, in eBay's eyes, this is one of the rare cases where they will side with the seller. If the package shows as delivered to the destination zip code it's an open and shut case in their system. I hope you are able to work this out. How frustrating! Have you by chance checked with your neighbors to see if the package might have accidentally been delivered there?

unfortunately you're probably right. It sucks, but...

if she'd given me the info i info I needed to file something with the post office rather than just send me the tracking number again, it wouldn't even be an issue, but because she didn't...

the way my neighborhood is... I don't know how to describe it. There's only a few houses on our street that are actually occupied and they work during the day. There's only houses on one side of the street. I can't call the PO from work so I'll try on Friday since I have that day off. I don't know how far I'll get, though, without knowing more details such as the sender's name and address, what type of box it's in and whether or not there was insurance. The tracking number is all I have to go by.

Eviejean
11-23-2016, 08:49 AM
I don't know how far I'll get, though, without knowing more details such as the sender's name and address, what type of box it's in and whether or not there was insurance. The tracking number is all I have to go by. (bolded and snip by me)

If you have the USPS tracking number, it should tell you if there's insurance on your package.

When you go to the USPS website, put in your tracking number.
Information about your package comes up and towards the top of the page (under the section that tells if your package has been delivered) there is a section labeled Product and Tracking info. In this section it shows the product: (Priority Mail, Parcel Select, etc.) and Features: (Insured) so if your package DOES have insurance it will show up there. It won't tell you HOW MUCH insurance but at least you will know if there is insurance on the package or not.
Under that is the section that tells the date and time the package was delivered and where: (delivered, front door/porch or given to individual) etc.
This will at least give you more information to relay to the Postal person helping you, although they SHOULD have this same information when you give them the tracking number.

And as for your seller:
I know at one time there was a way to request your seller/buyer contact information through eBay (name and phone number) I can't remember if they gave an address or not... A lot of things have changed over the years with eBay but I thought I recently read a thread where a seller DID get the contact information of their buyer. If I was you I would contact eBay (when you get home from work), explain the situation and find out about at least getting your seller's contact info so you can help with locating the package through the USPS.

GOOD LUCK getting this straightened out!
And don't let any of the individuals you speak with (try to) push you off or say they can't /won't help.
Remember the squeaky wheel get's the oil!

curlinfan
11-23-2016, 10:26 AM
This happened to me once but as a seller. Sold a model but buyer claimed they never received it despite tracking saying it was delivered. I had to refund the $ and file a claim with the post office that was denied because the system showed item was delivered. So I was out the $ and the model. Don't know if box was delivered to wrong address or stolen. Now I ALWAYS ship with signature confirmation. I've had buyers who say they don't want or need it but it's not optional if you buy from me,

Brenda
11-23-2016, 11:16 AM
(bolded and snip by me)

If you have the USPS tracking number, it should tell you if there's insurance on your package.

When you go to the USPS website, put in your tracking number.
Information about your package comes up and towards the top of the page (under the section that tells if your package has been delivered) there is a section labeled Product and Tracking info. In this section it shows the product: (Priority Mail, Parcel Select, etc.) and Features: (Insured) so if your package DOES have insurance it will show up there. It won't tell you HOW MUCH insurance but at least you will know if there is insurance on the package or not.
Under that is the section that tells the date and time the package was delivered and where: (delivered, front door/porch or given to individual) etc.
This will at least give you more information to relay to the Postal person helping you, although they SHOULD have this same information when you give them the tracking number.

And as for your seller:
I know at one time there was a way to request your seller/buyer contact information through eBay (name and phone number) I can't remember if they gave an address or not... A lot of things have changed over the years with eBay but I thought I recently read a thread where a seller DID get the contact information of their buyer. If I was you I would contact eBay (when you get home from work), explain the situation and find out about at least getting your seller's contact info so you can help with locating the package through the USPS.

GOOD LUCK getting this straightened out!
And don't let any of the individuals you speak with (try to) push you off or say they can't /won't help.
Remember the squeaky wheel get's the oil!

I vaguely recall you being able to request a seller's or even buyer's information, but I think that went by the way of the DoDo Bird. Maybe too many people got upset that ebay was giving out their information. I don't have access to my tracking number right now because I'm at work and ebay is blocked, but I will look to see if any of that information is there. I know it DOES say that the package was left at the front door and I *want* to say there was something about insurance on it, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Thank you for your suggestions and encouragement. Hopefully I can get somewhere with the PO when I have the opportunity to get with them. I've been blown off before and had to keep calling them back to get them to do anything. When the Postmaster General gets involved, though, and that happened with one situation I'd had where the package had been delivered to the wrong address, things moved pretty quickly.

Brenda
11-23-2016, 11:19 AM
This happened to me once but as a seller. Sold a model but buyer claimed they never received it despite tracking saying it was delivered. I had to refund the $ and file a claim with the post office that was denied because the system showed item was delivered. So I was out the $ and the model. Don't know if box was delivered to wrong address or stolen. Now I ALWAYS ship with signature confirmation. I've had buyers who say they don't want or need it but it's not optional if you buy from me,

And that could be why Ebay now sides with the seller in cases where the tracking number says it's been delivered. I just wish they'd done more than deny my claim. I wanted the horse. I had no problem paying the amount that I did. I just think I am entitled to one or the other, you know? If I can't have the horse, I should get my $37 back. It's not much money, but it's the principle, you know?

Mary
11-23-2016, 11:20 AM

I was actually thinking about how this works. On the one hand, the tracking that is now almost universal has been a tremendous help to finding an item that is in the system. On the other hand, the lower level of tracking does *not* verified *where* it was delivered. A big hole in the system, as there is no backtracking that last critical step. It does appear that the seller fulfilled their obligation, and that's a confusing situation.

Brenda I know how hard it is to do this when your local USPS hours don't match yours, but if you will be relentless about following up with them by phone and in person, that may be the best chance that this package washes up. Someone *does* have a clue where it might have gone. The USPS *does* have the ability to figure out which of their trucks and personnel last had it for delivery. Sometimes it takes a bit of persistence to get the office to follow through all the way with that inquiry - not just by computer, but with some personal contact.

There is always a chance that - even though scanned as delivered - it is still somewhere in the system. On the floor; in a corner; under a pile of something; somewhere that it doesn't belong and is just out of sight. If they keep an eye out for it there is a chance it turns up. Over the years I've had at least two packages turn up this way, even though it appeared they had been delivered.

Of course, maybe the wrong citizen rec'd it and kept it. But my experience is that it is just as likely that a package could have gotten loose from the automated leash and is just burrowing around the USPS somewhere ... :uh

Good luck. I am sorry this is not working out so well.

Brenda
11-23-2016, 11:29 AM
Thank you, Mary, for the encouragement. I am going to try the PO once I'm able to. Tomorrow being a holiday isn't going to help much because they'll be closed, but hopefully I can do something on Friday. When I get home it's so close to quitting time at my city's main location that more often than not they've already turned the phones off so it's more likely someone won't answer than they will. It's very frustrating.

Aidan's Toy Trove
11-23-2016, 01:54 PM
Oh yes! eBay will provide you with a phone number for the seller. You just need to call and ask :)

Brenda
11-23-2016, 05:54 PM
Oh yes! eBay will provide you with a phone number for the seller. You just need to call and ask :)

Ah, okay. Thank you. :)

Mini madness
11-26-2016, 09:09 AM
Just read all the way through this thread hoping for a happy ending. I'm not seeing it - yet! Fingers crossed for you, Brenda, really hope this works out for you.

Brenda
11-26-2016, 09:27 AM
Unfortunately I don't have any news, good or bad.

Aidan's Toy Trove
11-26-2016, 11:42 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. So frustrating! I think the next thing to do would be to touch base with your local PO and neighbors. I'm sorry this happened to you!

Brenda
11-26-2016, 12:29 PM
Thank you. I've already tried both. No joy.

Brenda
01-05-2017, 08:24 PM
1/5/17 : final update.

i just heard from PayPal and they sided with the seller. They said they discussed it with her and looked at her paperwork and because the post office claims it was delivered, they're sticking with that. Nobody asked me about anything. Why the heck would I cause such a stink over something that cost only $36.99 or so? I'm not poor. I wasn't trying to get something for nothing. I just wanted what I paid for. What a crock.

Beethovens7th
01-06-2017, 05:46 PM
Well, that sucks! Sorry Brenda! :hugg

Eviejean
01-06-2017, 07:48 PM
:yeahthat
That totally Sucks! :grump

Brenda
01-07-2017, 08:30 AM

:yeahthat
That totally Sucks! :grump

Thanks, Guys.

Aidan's Toy Trove
01-07-2017, 01:16 PM
So sorry!

SeaStarStruck
01-09-2017, 08:33 PM
1/5/17 : final update.

i just heard from PayPal and they sided with the seller. They said they discussed it with her and looked at her paperwork and because the post office claims it was delivered, they're sticking with that. Nobody asked me about anything. Why the heck would I cause such a stink over something that cost only $36.99 or so? I'm not poor. I wasn't trying to get something for nothing. I just wanted what I paid for. What a crock.

That's so lame. I agree, it's totally the principle of it all .. not that you're out a measly $37. I can't believe that more responsibility doesn't lie with the Post Office? Not just in this case but in every case where a package goes missing or is undelivered when they claim otherwise.

FWIW, I once had a fridge shipped to me from Costco via UPS. I followed it's progress and was utterly confused when I checked online and it said "Delivered". Same thing as you, I'd been home all day and nobody had shown up. It was a FRIDGE and I couldn't find it anywhere, where on earth had it gone? I checked the neighbour's houses too in case it had been delivered there by accident, nothing. Finally called-in to UPS, they said "Call Costco". Eventually it was determined that the DRIVER had delivered the package BACK TO THE SHIPPER. I kid you not. Apparently I live in the same city as the fridge manufacturer, and the driver had read the label backwards, taken the fridge back to the manufacturing plant, and someone in the front office had signed for it :doh

It's a long shot, but I guess that didn't happen in this case as the seller would have alerted you that the model had shown back up at her place?

VWK'sanEasyGoer
01-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Sorry to hear that Brenda. I thought that some other resolve would have been taken. :(

Brenda
01-09-2017, 09:24 PM
So sorry!

Sorry to hear that Brenda. I thought that some other resolve would have been taken. :(

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Brenda
01-09-2017, 09:27 PM
That's so lame. I agree, it's totally the principle of it all .. not that you're out a measly $37. I can't believe that more responsibility doesn't lie with the Post Office? Not just in this case but in every case where a package goes missing or is undelivered when they claim otherwise.

FWIW, I once had a fridge shipped to me from Costco via UPS. I followed it's progress and was utterly confused when I checked online and it said "Delivered". Same thing as you, I'd been home all day and nobody had shown up. It was a FRIDGE and I couldn't find it anywhere, where on earth had it gone? I checked the neighbour's houses too in case it had been delivered there by accident, nothing. Finally called-in to UPS, they said "Call Costco". Eventually it was determined that the DRIVER had delivered the package BACK TO THE SHIPPER. I kid you not. Apparently I live in the same city as the fridge manufacturer, and the driver had read the label backwards, taken the fridge back to the manufacturing plant, and someone in the front office had signed for it :doh

It's a long shot, but I guess that didn't happen in this case as the seller would have alerted you that the model had shown back up at her place?

Seriously? I couldn't even get her to give me her name and address to help me with the post office. There's no way she'd let me know if it showed back up at her house.

And how the heck do you 'lose' a refrigerator? Lol. That is the craziest thing. Yeah, they delivered it and someone just walked off with it. At least it had a good outcome.

And you're right. It totally is the principle.

Tocovya
01-12-2017, 08:39 AM
I tapped the name and street into what we call the Electoral Register over here and it gave me the house number. I looked on google maps and it showed the house it was delivered to was directly across the road from the buyer. I told her this and asked her to knock on the door, she said she would not do this as none of her neighbours were thiefs!!! It was £150 worth of necklace i would have knocked the door down.......
Ebay had sided with me but she still wanted me to give her the money back without going to the house. I rang Royal Mail and asked them were i stood with this and they told me that it was now her place to raise a claim with them for wrongful delivery. I told the buyer this but she was having none of it and it was dragging on and on After more internet research i managed to find a business phone number for the man who had signed for the parcel and rang him up. He admitted he had got the parcel and forgotten to pass it over, and he was waiting for her to come and collect it with the card the postie never left her!!! I let her know and after 3months she finally knocked on his door and got her parcel. It caused me a massive amount of stress, i did not feel it was my fault or hers but if Ebay had given her the cash back she would have ended up with and me out of pocket. Its very difficult this isnt it

BuckR.
01-12-2017, 08:52 AM
I tapped the name and street into what we call the Electoral Register over here and it gave me the house number. I looked on google maps and it showed the house it was delivered to was directly across the road from the buyer. I told her this and asked her to knock on the door, she said she would not do this as none of her neighbours were thiefs!!! It was £150 worth of necklace i would have knocked the door down.......
Ebay had sided with me but she still wanted me to give her the money back without going to the house. I rang Royal Mail and asked them were i stood with this and they told me that it was now her place to raise a claim with them for wrongful delivery. I told the buyer this but she was having none of it and it was dragging on and on After more internet research i managed to find a business phone number for the man who had signed for the parcel and rang him up. He admitted he had got the parcel and forgotten to pass it over, and he was waiting for her to come and collect it with the card the postie never left her!!! I let her know and after 3months she finally knocked on his door and got her parcel. It caused me a massive amount of stress, i did not feel it was my fault or hers but if Ebay had given her the cash back she would have ended up with and me out of pocket. Its very difficult this isnt it

*bolded text* I laughed so hard at this. I completely agree. :yes

This is why I am on good terms with *most* of my neighbors. They would be the ones running to my house if they saw they got my package, but my maillady would never deliver to them if it had MY name on it in the first place. I would be banging on doors up and down the street if it was me, to be honest.

So sorry that happened to you! What a load of stress that must have been for you!

Lora
01-12-2017, 09:13 AM
It's very easy in the street where i live for a parcel to be delivered to vthe wrong house. I try only to get parcels sent byh royal Mail to my home adress. they now the place. But I live in 4 Spencer court , 4 being the number of the flat and Spencer court the name od the house. Most houses here have names but there is a house 4 in the street. But there are several "4"s on the houses... since other houses also have a flat 4 . and we have no names on the doorbells...

Ulla Harneit