PDA

View Full Version : How to leave feedback for this transaction...

allykatd
11-26-2016, 05:49 PM
I purchased a model off Ebay for what I thought was a fairly decent price compared to the same models sold by other dealers. It's a NIB Snowman (the Warmblood mold) that I plan on customizing. It was $41.99 and included shipping. A few days later I get a box from Amazon with the model in it... not that this seller used an Amazon box, it WAS Amazon. This puzzled me because I knew I hadn't purchased a model from Amazon, and it came with a gift receipt that of course didn't contain the actual price of the model. I realized this was one of those seller who sells on Ebay and then purchases the item from Amazon who ships it directly to the buyer.

I'm irritated because the seller didn't do anything except to take my money. They didn't ship it, or pack it, nothing.

I was thinking about leaving neutral feedback and then make a note to never buy from this person again. But why is this bothering me? I feel ripped off but then again, I was pretty happy with the price.

What are opinions of sellers who do these types of transactions? Do you think it's dishonest?

At least I learned a lesson. From here on in, I think I'm going to be searching Amazon on their sponsored links for good deals.

pzp
11-26-2016, 06:57 PM
I really donʻt see any problem with this. Everyone buys their stock from somewhere. Sellerʻs sources are their own business. This one was just blatantly obvious.

summerwinds
11-26-2016, 07:05 PM
I guess I don't really see a problem with it. Would you have cared if the seller had just shipped the model in an Amazon box? Cause I guess it is kind of the same thing. For all you know, the model you were supposed to get had a problem and they went and purchased another for you. As long as you got the model that you were supposed to for a price you were happy with, I am not sure why you are unhappy.

freakofnature
11-26-2016, 07:07 PM
:yeahthat Not sure why you feel ripped off? You said you were happy with the price and it doesn't sound like there was an issue with the model so to me it sounds like a successful transaction. :dunno

Eleda
11-27-2016, 09:36 AM
I understand how you feel - Almost like it was a bait-and-switch, only not with the model, but with the source. And if you paid that price to the seller, you have a good idea that they had to have gotten it for at LEAST 10% less, since eBay takes 10% of the sale price from them, so you could have gotten an even better price if you'd gone directly to Amazon. I understand, and would be annoyed, too... but it's really not the seller's fault, so I guess I just wouldn't leave any feedback since personally I was annoyed, but the reality of the situation is that they provided exactly what they said they would.

I like the moral of the story you came away with: It pays to shop around... I always check Amazon for things I'm looking for (non-model things, generally), as well as searching for them online at different dealers. Sometimes Amazon has a bargain, sometimes not. But I want the best deal, wherever that comes from. My only caveat regarding Amazon is that a lot of sellers on there are actually in Asia (even if they state they're in the US), so you could end up waiting a LONG time for items to arrive. I've had that happen twice this year and both times reported them to Amazon. The first was for Sorento flea collars for our dogs (at over $50 each). The site said to expect them in two weeks... But as time went on, the estimate kept moving further out. It turns out they shipped from Thailand. I contacted the seller and was told if they get lost in the mail it's not their fault. I finally got them six weeks later than the original promised date.

Recently the same thing happened with a horse-print shower curtain: This time I double checked where the vendor was from (It said Florida), and the same thing happened, only the item shipped out of China on a slow boat, taking 5 weeks to arrive. So Amazon can be good or bad. I try to only buy directly from them now, not third-party sellers.

RedHorseArtworks
11-27-2016, 10:16 AM
The same thing happened to me with something I bought off of eBay - it came in an Amazon box from Amazon. When the Amazon box arrived on my doorstep, I was confused, since I had not ordered anything from Amazon. But when I opened it, it was the item I had purchased (as a Buy It Now) on eBay. I was still confused - LOL!

I can't remember what the item was exactly (I think it was a phone battery or a charger cord or something like that), but I KNOW I shopped around (I always shop around for everything I buy online), including Amazon, and ended up purchasing the item from eBay because that was the best deal.

I am wondering if, when that happens, the item is coming from a vendor that has "stores" or sells from both sites to maximize sales and they use Amazon as their packager/shipper for all of their sales, no matter where they come from? :dunno

I left the seller positive feedback since I got what I ordered in a timely manner at a price I felt was reasonable, not caring that it arrived in an Amazon box.

Aidan's Toy Trove
11-27-2016, 11:13 AM
Amazon Prime frowns on drop shipping. But as far as drop shipping as a whole, I really don't see an issue with it as long as you get what you paid for :)

RRStudios
11-27-2016, 12:36 PM
You obviously shopped around and found what you felt was a good price, I wouldn't hold it against the seller since your item arrived as advertised. I doubt they made much on the sale after fees were taken into account, and now you know to maybe check Amazon in the future for items.

champagnehorses
11-27-2016, 02:45 PM
I didn't realize people were even doing this. :lol I've already got Amazon Prime and love it.

juliacodeman
11-27-2016, 08:19 PM
Amazon stockists and wholesalers also sell on eBay, there's a whole thread on it on eBay-the vendors might sell on both sites, but their stock is physically "stored" at Amazon's warehouse.

Aidan's Toy Trove
11-28-2016, 10:36 AM
I need to make a correction to my previous post. Amazon frowns on using PRIME for drop shipping. It's against their terms. Amazon obviously encourage drop shipping from their own warehouse for actual Amazon sellers :)

VWK'sanEasyGoer
11-28-2016, 12:28 PM
I didn't realize people were even doing this. :lol I've already got Amazon Prime and love it.

:yeahthat I've fully embraced Prime for so much of my shopping as we're in a rural area. Drive to the mall 30 minutes away or just find it with free shipping (on Amazon or any other retailer that will do that). I did this for almost all Christmas shopping last year and birthdays. Just got the youngest little humans gift from Santa last night from Walmart.ca with free shipping. They had a better price than Amazon, didn't have to go and pick it up like at Toys R Us so go Walmart for this one! And go Amazon with Prime!

Back to the subject - It pays to shop around for prices big time. I see what the OP feels was a bit of bait and switch because of not knowing some information. If the Ebay seller stated "Will be shipped from Amazon" buyers would have all the info but then the seller would lose the buyers. And all goods sold do come from one supplier or another. But as others stated it was the item ordered, came in a timely manner and not damages so the end result was the expected result. If there had been any deviation from the expectation though (as in the wrong item or damaged or something) I feel the seller was opening themselves up to more issues. But if all went well then all's well ends well I guess.

Eviejean
11-28-2016, 03:57 PM
I totally understand how you feel as I had the same type of situation in early 2015.
I purchased a Breyer Eggnog ornament from an eBay seller but when it arrived it had been purchased/shipped from Amazon.
:wtf

I thought I was an educated shopper but things like this have made me (like you and others) double check before I hit that eBay Buy-it-Now button!
Anytime I can get the deal it's better for MY pocketbook! :grin

As for leaving feedback, the seller DID do what you paid him for, so do what YOU feel is comfortable for you in the way of feedback.
My similar sale was long ago enough that I can't remember if I left feedback or not and when I went to check, was surprised to find my seller was "no longer a registered user".
:dunno

allykatd
11-28-2016, 05:44 PM
Thanks everyone. I figured that leaving neutral feedback is very petty of me. I was arguing with myself over this, lol. My logical side and my emotional side have frequent disagreements. :D

I got the horse. I liked the price. It was shipped in a timely manner, so why the bitching? Next time I'll just check to make sure there are not better deals on Amazon or elsewhere.

Okay, leaving positive feedback.