PDA

View Full Version : How long to wait for a seller to respond before moving on?

FourWindsFarm
11-26-2016, 06:50 PM
I inquired about a model two weeks ago on MH$P and the seller said it was still available after several days' wait. I have sent an offer on the model and it has now been 7 days with no further response. I know it is a holiday week, but four days to answer the initial query and now a week again is getting a bit aggravating. It is a nice model at a fair price but I am getting a bit tired of waiting to hear back and would like to move on, but I don't want the seller to consider me a tire kicker after making an offer and then backing out. How long is long enough to wait for a reply before giving up?

Brenda
11-26-2016, 06:53 PM
Personally, I'd say you've waited long enough and to move on. You're not a tire kicker if she's the one not responding. But that's just my opinion.

VWK'sanEasyGoer
11-26-2016, 07:52 PM
Personally, I'd say you've waited long enough and to move on. You're not a tire kicker if she's the one not responding. But that's just my opinion.

:yeahthat I concur with Brenda. :yes

I've had that happen to me a few times. It's frustrating when it's a model your really want and/or it's a good price. I've also had a seller get back to me a couple weeks after when I've totally moved on. That was interesting.

shadow's storm
11-26-2016, 08:36 PM
I would move on. I would be afraid that the shipping of the horse would follow suit and you would be fighting to get it delivered to you.

juliacodeman
11-26-2016, 08:48 PM
Personally, I hate mh$p because you don't get your darned emails half the time. People message me other ways sometimes, and ask me if I got the offer/email/inquiry about a model-and NOPE!! I don't get the messages and have heard this is a common issue with this system. If you click the contact info link for the seller, it brings up a new window that looks like an email, but if you don't have your computer's smtp settings connected to your hotmail/gmail or whatever type of email you have, your email goes nowhere. I would attempt to contact this seller in a different manner. It could just be they aren't getting the message!

FourWindsFarm
11-26-2016, 11:01 PM
Personally, I hate mh$p because you don't get your darned emails half the time. People message me other ways sometimes, and ask me if I got the offer/email/inquiry about a model-and NOPE!! I don't get the messages and have heard this is a common issue with this system. If you click the contact info link for the seller, it brings up a new window that looks like an email, but if you don't have your computer's smtp settings connected to your hotmail/gmail or whatever type of email you have, your email goes nowhere. I would attempt to contact this seller in a different manner. It could just be they aren't getting the message!

I emailed her directly and got a response the first time, and now nothing.... I don't ever use the ' contact seller' button as it doesn't work half the time!

Eleda
11-27-2016, 09:19 AM
If it were me, I'd probably email her one more time, saying something like, "I know it's a busy time of year, but I need to know where we stand on this model, because if you won't be selling it to me, I want to look elsewhere for one. Please respond back within 48 hours of this message to let me know if my offer is accepted, or how long you're taking offers for, so I know whether to move on or not."

That gives her an opportunity to respond while letting her know that you're serious (and hope she is) about the transaction. It also gives you a deadline after which you can feel comfortable moving on to find one elsewhere.

:blueflower

Sparkle Susan
11-27-2016, 09:49 AM
Good idea Eleda!!

unicornwoman
11-28-2016, 01:52 PM

:yeahthat

Eviejean
11-28-2016, 03:25 PM
If it were me, I'd probably email her one more time, saying something like, "I know it's a busy time of year, but I need to know where we stand on this model, because if you won't be selling it to me, I want to look elsewhere for one. Please respond back within 48 hours of this message to let me know if my offer is accepted, or how long you're taking offers for, so I know whether to move on or not."

That gives her an opportunity to respond while letting her know that you're serious (and hope she is) about the transaction. It also gives you a deadline after which you can feel comfortable moving on to find one elsewhere.

:blueflower
Eleda's advice is excellent.
With this seller taking SO long to respond I would also worry about having what Shadow's Storm posted happening:
I would be afraid that the shipping of the horse would follow suit and you would be fighting to get it delivered to you.