PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a problem with Breyer check out?

hoppydog
12-11-2016, 09:16 AM
And by problem I mean them making us use paypal or open an account. I wanted to order my stablemate club last model. I understand using paypal to accept credit cards but I DO NOT want to use paypal. ( I have an account but do not use it much)

So I check I want to use my credit/debit card. It takes me to that screen. Great everything is ok so far.

Then Paypal want me to open an account before they will process my payment. It would not run the card with out it. Sorry I've had my info stolen twice this year. I have 1 card that I do my online buying with. I DO NOT want to use paypal

Man I'm so frustrated.
I have tried to link my card to paypal but when I check out it wants to use the fund in the account or withdraw from my bank. It will not even give me a option for a different card( I do not want a paypal card)

I may have to call Breyer and Cancel my CC and SM club memberships. I hate being ofrced to do something like this.

Thanks For letting me rant.

Angiet
12-12-2016, 10:25 AM
If you have a CC linked to paypal and you want to use that you need to go to "Wallet". (located on the top of the screen) On the left of the screen you will see your different types of payment options. Select your Credit Card (or the option you want) and it will bring up that option. There you will see where it says "Make this preferred when paying online." Select this and it should let your CC be what you use first whenever you use paypal.

Hope this makes sense.

Robin
12-12-2016, 11:20 AM
Breyer swapped to Paypal after their credit card servers got hacked twice a few years back, and a lot of people (including Blabbers) had their card numbers stolen and used by others. I agree that it isn't an ideal solution, but as a retailer, Breyer does have the right to choose what they feel is the best payment method.

That said, if you haven't had this problem in the past, it sounds like the problem is with Paypal. Have you tried reaching out to them and seeing if there's a way to use your card without opening an account?

hoppydog
12-13-2016, 07:05 AM
I did call Breyer and paypal did an update where even if you wanted to use a card they were requiring you have a paypal account. But they have now removed that part.

Angiet, I did try to link my card(a last ditch effort) but no luck.

I only have 1 card that I use for online buying and I hate to have that number stored any where. ( I had my info stolen twice this year) This is why my paypal is not linked to a card and why I do not have that number stored anywhere. ( And I have an RFID wallet so no one can scan the card from outside the wallet.

Big thanks to Breyer for getting this taken care of.

Aidan's Toy Trove
12-13-2016, 12:28 PM
I'm so glad that you got this taken care of. I struggle with the exact same thing on my website. I've had a few customers complain that they can't checkout without creating a Paypal account and I'm pretty darn sure it has always been due to changes on Paypal's part. Bravo to Breyer for taking care of you!