PDA

View Full Version : Finding a lost package

Mary
12-16-2016, 06:45 PM
Wow, it is quite disconcerting when everything is going great with a transaction, and you have a tracking number to follow the package's journey from one USPS facility to the next ....

... and then the tracking number is reported by the USPS as "delivered", BUT IT ISN'T THERE.

In this case, the tracking report showed "delivered to parcel locker", as I have a PO box and the key to the parcel locker will be left in my PO box. I've rec'd many packages this way and always considered it safe, as a package is not left out on a doorstep until I get home. But there never was a key in my PO box for this package.

So I printed out the tracking report and took it to the counter window and explained that the package was not delivered as reported. The USPS employee, a lady, looked glumly at the tracking report and then disappeared into the back area. She was gone a LONG time. I was feeling guilty about all the people waiting in line behind me! (There were other windows working, but still ... )

Finally USPS lady emerged with a triumphant smile and my package !!!

She explained that she is sure that what happened is that the employee who was checking in packages input that the delivery was to the parcel locker BEFORE it had been put there. But this package would not fit in a parcel locker. So the employee should have switched the delivery method to leaving a delivery notice in the PO box so I could pick up the package from the counter. But somehow that is not what the employee did ... as the USPS lady explained, instead, the package was set down on the floor and forgotten.

And there it sat. And this is something that does happen ... and it's why it's a good idea to keep the system hunting for a missing package, because when you find that USPS person who both cares and knows how to look, they will find it.

This USPS lady knew just how a package could go missing even though it was reported as delivered. She knew where and how to look. And she didn't quit till she found it! Yay for her !!! :toothy

A couple of other thoughts ... As I was in the process of realizing this package hadn't actually been delivered as reported, and was figuring out where the package might be, I realized that, per the USPS system, there were no faults in the delivery. How would I file a claim if it was only my word that I never got it?

Requiring a signature delivery is far from foolproof. Any signature is accepted - it doesn't have to be the addressee, so if the notice goes to the wrong person, there is no way for the USPS to know that it isn't a family member or someone else authorized to pick it up. Unless the extra service requiring identification only from the addressee is added, the signature doesn't accomplish much. Years ago a package was sent to me that was never delivered and never found. It was signed for at delivery by someone I've never heard of. There was no requirement that it be delivered to me only, so as far as the shipper was concerned, they fulfilled the delivery.

Anyway ... any time a package goes missing in the system, there is every chance that it is there to find. It just takes an employee who knows how to look. Just thought I'd share this good experience as encouragement! :)

muggyscugglemeyer
12-16-2016, 08:09 PM
Good points, Mary!

I also wanted to add --

As soon as you notice a package that's gone astray, notify your post office ASAP. That way, whoever delivered (or didn't deliver) the package still has a fresh memory.

During the holidays, post offices are *overwhelmed* with packages. It's the busiest time of the year, and employees are understandably frazzled. Not only are they dealing with the increased mail volume, but many are also under time limits.

SeaWatch
12-16-2016, 08:10 PM
You were lucky in that the package was still at the post office, which made it much easier to find! And thank goodness for that! :yes

I have had, in the past, a package that was sent to me and the tracking number said "delivered", but it wasn't there on my doorstep like it should have been. I was very concerned, and worried that perhaps it may have been stolen from my front door (which can happen in housing neighborhoods, and especially during this time of the year). But I was very, very, lucky in that the package was misdelivered to my neighbor's house, a few doors down, and she was kind enough to bring it to me. Still... There was no excuse for the mail carrier to leave it at the wrong address!

Schnauzer
12-18-2016, 10:38 AM
Wow, were you ever lucky to find a good postal worker. There are a couple here, but the rest are too burned out to do more than a cursory search. So glad your story had a happy ending!
Ann

FourWindsFarm
12-18-2016, 11:13 AM
UPS/FedEx has left my packages at other houses more times than I can count...so far, they've all ended up here eventually when the person that got them notices it isn't for them and drops it off or calls. I've taken packages to other people, too. If your town has addresses like 125 N. Elm and 125 S. Elm, a lot of times the delivery address simply says 125 Elm and the carrier will leave it at one house or the other. And sometimes it's a random house across town.... particularly this time of year when there are a lot of substitute/seasonal drivers who don't seem to care.

If you happen to find yourself with a great postal or shipping worker, treat them like gold. Bring them cookies. Thank them profusely. They make all the difference!

unicornwoman
12-18-2016, 06:37 PM
So glad you were able to find your package, Mary!

I had one that was supposedly delivered to me that was simply never found.

sharonl
12-19-2016, 05:32 AM
I had an incident recently that could have ended badly, but thankfully didn't. I was expecting two packages on the same day. When the mail guy got here, there was only 1 delivered. Since Erick got the mail and didn't think to ask where the other package was, I just figured that it got held up and would be delivered the next day. A little later, something told me to check the tracking and it said that the package had been delivered! :randommil I immediately called the PO, who just happened to talk to our delivery guy before he left for the day. He remembered the package, and then said that he thought he had accidently delivered it to an address on road west of us with the same box numbers. Thankfully, the person who got it was honest, and he was able to get it back and deliver it here the next day, apologizing profusely for the inconvenience. :yes I always track my packages anyway, but this just made me realize just how important it is!

JulieB
12-20-2016, 10:19 AM
So glad you were able to track her down, Mary. And thank goodness for "on-the-ball" postal workers.

I know they are busy beyond belief this time of year. Our mail lady dropped a package off on Saturday about 4 pm (which is LATE for our mail) and I told her I hoped her day was almost over. She said that she had probably another 4 hours...FOUR HOURS...of delivery THAT day. Wow, that would get tiring for sure. I feel like I need to buy that woman a yacht or something for Christmas due to the volume of packages she has to deliver to our house on a regular basis. :haha

We had a situation awhile back on a package that was marked delivered "left on or near the front door/porch". It was late when I checked the tracking and found nothing "on or near the front door/porch", so I contact our neighbors across the road to ask if something had been delivered there by accident. She said no, and I explained to her what was going on. She was kind enough to come over (with a lighted battery operated drill since she couldn't find a flashlight :haha) and help me look all around the house for it, to no avail. After I thanked her for her help and she went home I had an epiphany and wondered...could they have actually put it...in the mailbox...went out and sure enough, that's where it was. :doh

FourWindsFarm
12-20-2016, 10:50 AM
The UPS guy stopped at the library yesterday at 5:27. He's usually there between 1:00 and 2:00. I gave him a can of soda and a candy bar; he was very grateful and said he arrives at work at 5 am this time of year, does his route, and doesn't get home until after midnight. He hasn't seen his two young kids since Thanksgiving as they share custody with his wife's ex-husband and are gone on Sundays. Their home base for UPS in our area is 90 miles from here, so he's on the road a lot. Postal and delivery workers certainly work hard this time of year, and as much as we like to gripe when they make a mistake, they are human and most are good people doing their best.

SeaStarStruck
01-09-2017, 08:46 PM
We've had at least one case in our area of thieves taking-off with packages left on other people's porch/property, the only reason it was discovered as a theft was that the homeowner had recently installed a security camera at their front door and caught the thieves in the act, so the police became involved.

If you're receiving high-value items or a high volume of mail/parcels, honestly, installing something like that might not be the worst idea. You'd have it as back-up, too, in the event that something was marked as delivered or the carrier claimed it was left at the front door or wherever when you know it wasn't. I have a feeling hubby will be installing something like this in the near future along with a home alarm system. Just a thought!

emt8134
01-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Dealing with one lost right now..
Seller dropped her off at the p.o. with a bunch of other packages..
Has all her receipts and documentation..
No scans..
No horse..
Local p.o. and original p.o. say they aren't responsible..
Seller is 100 percent legit.
Wondering what's next..
Horse was sent December 18 USPS two day priority.

Mary
01-09-2017, 09:32 PM
Dealing with one lost right now..
Seller dropped her off at the p.o. with a bunch of other packages..
Has all her receipts and documentation..
No scans..
No horse..
Local p.o. and original p.o. say they aren't responsible..
Seller is 100 percent legit.
Wondering what's next..
Horse was sent December 18 USPS two day priority.

What does the USPS tracking say?

If tracking says "delivered', it's hard to go from there, unless you find that helpful USPS employee to scour the office and the system to locate it.

If "No scans" means that USPS shows it entered the system, but nothing since ... they are absolutely responsible. Take 'em to the mat. Escalate. Go up the supervisory chain.

Once the seller posts it and gets a legit tracking number, I think they've done their part and are off the hook.

Then it is up to the shipper to deliver it. For USPS 2-day priority, they are 100% on the hook to show through the tracking record what happened to the package.

Good luck !!!! I so hope you find that package, soon !!!!

emt8134
01-09-2017, 09:39 PM
It's a gloss gold app lady phase, so yep I'm crying right now.
Seller has a legit tracking number and receipts, but zero USPS scans. USPS says they aren't responsible.

Mary
01-09-2017, 09:53 PM
... but zero USPS scans. ....

What does that mean - confused? Was it scanned as rec'd into the system, and no progress afterward? Was it never scanned into the system?

If it was never scanned into the system, then it seems to me that the first step is to establish that the USPS tracking number is a real valid tracking number.

Assuming it is, in your shoes, I'd be escalating with USPS. With determination. Hate these situations, they are such time-burners to get someone who knows better involved. It takes a lot of reasonably polite calling-out of bs like "we aren't responsible" when they MUST show the progress through the system ... and if some individual won't, go up the next step to the next supervisor. Rinse & repeat.

So sorry you are going through this! :sad

juliacodeman
01-09-2017, 10:15 PM
It's a gloss gold app lady phase, so yep I'm crying right now.
Seller has a legit tracking number and receipts, but zero USPS scans. USPS says they aren't responsible. OMG I think I was bidding against you I'm sorry!!! :dohI hope you get her soon, she's gorgeous!!!! So I have a package lost right now, too. It's my son's Christmas present, it was a hand autographed plaque from his favorite WWE Diva. It stinks when this happens. It is just stuck saying in transit but it said delivery date was three days ago-it wasn't delivered!

So, sometimes, the post office won't scan something in for a while. They've found stuff in weird places. If the seller can take the time, she should go to that exact post office again and make them dig. That's awful!

Ringil
01-09-2017, 11:12 PM
Not my own lost package, but I sent one package three times before it actually got to it's destination.

I sent it the first time, and it came back saying 'zip code error', so I made a new shipping label, made sure it was correct and shipped it again. The zip code looks identical, but I figure hey, maybe I did something wrong since the US zip codes are different than our postal codes.
Tracking eventually says 'delivered to side door,' and I think nothing more of it. Two months later I get a really nice and friendly email asking if I had been able to ship the models yet (bear in mind that this is to somebody I absolutely trust), and I tell her yes, and that the tracking said that they were delivered two months before. She asks for the tracking number, and I send it to her, and I get an email that basically says 'umm, I don't have a side door.' I panic a bit and get ahold of UPS, who basically just go 'oh well, it said delivered.'
On the plus side, I had extras of the models (a couple of BF '16 Celebration models), so I pack up another box and send them again with signatures required and the whole shebang. So they get there, and the tracking updates to 'attempted delivery - failed.' Okay, so she wasn't there to sign for them, she'll either have to pick them up or UPS will try again... NOPE! The box travels back out of the state to a sorting center in Charleston, SC (the package was going to NC), and then back to NC before finally being delivered. :uh

The one that actually happened to me was really, really sad though. I had purchased an Athena when she first came out from another collector, and she had Breyer ship her directly to me. Prior to this, all of Breyer's packages had come to me via Canada Post, but this one came in via Purolator (like Fed-Ex for all you Americans). I was out of town at the time, but knew Athena was coming, so I had Canada Post hold all of my mail for me, not knowing that she was coming in via Purolator. Fast forward a week and I get home to find that not only had she arrived while I was gone, she had also been sent back while I was gone, since Purolator only holds for five days. I got ahold of the lovely people at Breyer, and they said that they would send her back to me as soon as she arrived back at the factory. I watched the tracking number like a hawk until the package hit Chicago, where it was scanned in as arriving at a sorting facility, but never scanned in as leaving. Three days later, the tracking number goes dead, like it never existed. Neither Purolator or UPS can find the number in their system, despite me having the number and screen shots of the tracking. No matter what I tried to do to resolve it, I just got an 'it isn't our fault, we don't have the number in our system.' The folks at Breyer tried to help, but there was only so much they could do since the box never made it back to them. I never did end up getting my Athena either... I still don't have one. :sad

BuckR.
01-09-2017, 11:15 PM
The one that actually happened to me was really, really sad though. I had purchased an Athena when she first came out from another collector, and she had Breyer ship her directly to me. Prior to this, all of Breyer's packages had come to me via Canada Post, but this one came in via Purolator (like Fed-Ex for all you Americans). I was out of town at the time, but knew Athena was coming, so I had Canada Post hold all of my mail for me, not knowing that she was coming in via Purolator. Fast forward a week and I get home to find that not only had she arrived while I was gone, she had also been sent back while I was gone, since Purolator only holds for five days. I got ahold of the lovely people at Breyer, and they said that they would send her back to me as soon as she arrived back at the factory. I watched the tracking number like a hawk until the package hit Chicago, where it was scanned in as arriving at a sorting facility, but never scanned in as leaving. Three days later, the tracking number goes dead, like it never existed. Neither Purolator or UPS can find the number in their system, despite me having the number and screen shots of the tracking. No matter what I tried to do to resolve it, I just got an 'it isn't our fault, we don't have the number in our system.' The folks at Breyer tried to help, but there was only so much they could do since the box never made it back to them. I never did end up getting my Athena either... I still don't have one. :sad

WHAT?!?!? That is BAD! :grump Percolator should have refunded you! What on earth?! Did you get your money back???

Ringil
01-09-2017, 11:19 PM
WHAT?!?!? That is BAD! :grump Percolator should have refunded you! What on earth?! Did you get your money back???

Nope, not one bit of it. My only option was to try and get a refund from the person who had sold me the Athena from Breyer, and I wasn't about to do that to her when none of it was her fault. So yeah... No pony, AND no money. The no money thing is nothing new, but usually it's BECAUSE of ponies! :lol

BuckR.
01-09-2017, 11:39 PM
UGH!!! That is terrible! You should have had her refund you, and she would have had Breyer refund her. Breyer then would have gotten their rightful refund from the shipping company or shipped out a new horse. But that's water under the bridge.
Lost packages are a huge taboo and usually insurance claims are awarded (though they can usually figure out where the package ended up - whether it wasn't scanned at a location or is at a dead end office).

Sorry that happened! WOW! :grump

Lwcfuller
01-26-2017, 03:02 PM
Ugh!!! I am pullimg my hair out right now with the USPS. So far a rather large package was shipped almost two weeks ago via priority mail. The package wasn't moving for a day or two, but finally almost made it to the destination. However, it's been stuck in a main hub for over a week now....not moving anywhere! I contacted the local post office for the destination who has sent several e-mails to the workers at the hub. I FINALLY figured out how to speak to a live person at the USPS which only took about 30mins of toying with their idiotic computer system to open a claim. I am unable to find a working phone # for this distribution center.....always busy signal or nobody picks up!

Does anyone else have any other ideas of how to get the flipping packaged moved only 30min to it's destination? I worked in logistics for years and know how crazy it can be...... However, I have never encountered a black hole destination where nobody responds or picks up the flipping telephone! :headbeat:gaah

The only other black hole hub I know about is Jersey city, NJ......good grief that incident with a prior package was beyond stupid.

FourWindsFarm
01-26-2017, 07:25 PM
I'm bummed.... my Equine Collectibles model horse magazine has now been lost in the mail TWICE. I was looking forward to it, but I hate to have Leslie send yet another since it's not her fault the mail service somewhere between her and I is crummy. The magazine was lost from the initial shipment, so she was nice enough to send a replacement first class, and that never arrived either. *sigh*

It just seems weird that two of the same item shipped at different times has gone M.I.A. Guess I wasn't meant to get one. *shakes fist at postal service

FourWindsFarm
01-26-2017, 07:29 PM
Ugh!!! I am pullimg my hair out right now with the USPS. So far a rather large package was shipped almost two weeks ago via priority mail. The package wasn't moving for a day or two, but finally almost made it to the destination. However, it's been stuck in a main hub for over a week now....not moving anywhere! I contacted the local post office for the destination who has sent several e-mails to the workers at the hub. I FINALLY figured out how to speak to a live person at the USPS which only took about 30mins of toying with their idiotic computer system to open a claim. I am unable to find a working phone # for this distribution center.....always busy signal or nobody picks up!

Does anyone else have any other ideas of how to get the flipping packaged moved only 30min to it's destination? I worked in logistics for years and know how crazy it can be...... However, I have never encountered a black hole destination where nobody responds or picks up the flipping telephone! :headbeat:gaah

The only other black hole hub I know about is Jersey city, NJ......good grief that incident with a prior package was beyond stupid.

Where's the hub? The upper midwest has been slammed with snow. When that happens, things tend to sit awhile.

Lwcfuller
01-26-2017, 08:53 PM
This one is stuck near Chicago. When I originally shipped it the weather was unusually warm, but since it's sat for a week they are suppose to have snow over the weekend. At this point I might have to see if the receipant would drive to the hub and just pick it up. The whole situation is so.....:gaah

Any ideas......I cannot get anyone to pickup the stupid phone?

Mary
01-27-2017, 08:26 PM
This one is stuck near Chicago. When I originally shipped it the weather was unusually warm, but since it's sat for a week they are suppose to have snow over the weekend. At this point I might have to see if the receipant would drive to the hub and just pick it up. The whole situation is so.....:gaah

Any ideas......I cannot get anyone to pickup the stupid phone?

I had this problem at a previous residence. At least they admitted "we don't really answer the phone". They also didn't deliver packages consistently, OR leave slips advising a package was waiting for pick-up. They were a bad USPS office - and they knew it. I learned the hard way how to actually get packages out of them.

It's maddening and frustrating because if you can't have a constructive phone conversation, then someone does have to show up there in person. And it has to be someone who is relentlessly polite but persistent. Relentless. Do or die. With a smile the whole way. Who will give the impression that they will hang around that counter until doomsday, waiting for someone to search for AND FIND their package.

And it has to be someone who, after listening to the download of why they must just wait and hope, can sweetly but insistently say "You know, I know this is frustrating for both of us. I probably need to talk with someone who ... well, can I talk to your manager?" Not like "can I" as in "will you allow me" (no, they won't), but "can I" in a tone that clearly implies, with a smile, "I will never ever leave this counter until I have spoken with a manager".

The counter person may sort it out, especially if it's apparent this person will remain polite BUT they aren't leaving until that package is found. But if the counter person doesn't make progress, whoever goes to represent you MUST work their way up the chain. Someone in the chain of supervision will decide that they either like knowing how to solve this problem, or else that it is quicker to solve it than to deal with this customer who won't stop leaning on their counter and making the line behind them longer and longer.

Whoever goes to the office has to be someone who will stay friendly, smile, BUT will go to the mat with 'em. Who gives out the aura that they came early and will lean on that counter until closing time. Maybe longer. :grintongue

Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!! Sending good energy that this package WILL be found & given over !!!!!!! :yaymiller

Lora
01-28-2017, 03:40 PM
I have currently a parcel lost in customs. I paid $15 for the hat, so it should have just gone through custom without charge. But it's not in the USPS system or in the Parcel force/Royal Mail system . Have been to the depot already. Guy tried to help but couldn't find the parcel either in his system.

Ulla Harneit

dizzyriss
01-29-2017, 08:26 AM
Right now I have a sweater that is on the lam. On its way to Florida went from Black Hawk, Co to Denver, Co then to Guam and now it's sitting in Honalulu. The Pacific is not on the way to Florida from Colorado :doh

Mary
01-29-2017, 10:26 AM
That's the crazy thing about all this super-efficient automation. I doubt a human would have knowingly sent Nerissa's package to Guam, but if somehow a package slips into the wrong computerized routing scheme, off it goes into the wilds ... and at that point I suspect the programmed system becomes confused. It's not on an ordinary route any more. And if it's in Guam, it may be changing computer systems as well. Hoping for the best that your sweater comes before winter is over, Nerissa!

Almost everything coming to me with a tracking number goes through the airport in Houston. Once tracking shows it is in Houston, it is normally only hours before it is at the local PO. :toothy BUT - if in rare instances the item gets to Houston but then somehow goes back out to somewhere else, anything could happen. It may or may not get here on its own and it may take any amount of time. :gaah

Ulla, in your shoes I would try again with a different person. If you are certain the package is in the system and once again they say they can't find it, ask for managerial help. Managers/supervisors usually have more access to see more of the system. Also, with luck they have experience to know how it could have gotten lost. Good luck, I hope it comes soon !!!

Lora
01-29-2017, 11:19 AM
@Mary the guy asked his supervisor. To me it looks like it has been lost in custom office because it is not possible to track it in US or in UK . Royal Mail/Parcel force website states is is not yet in their system and the US site states they can't track it once it leaves the US. there is a time period where this happens, usually if it is in the custom office. My guess is that it is so small that they just oversee it and don't process it :(

Ulla Harniet

Mary
01-29-2017, 11:55 AM
@Mary the guy asked his supervisor. To me it looks like it has been lost in custom office because it is not possible to track it in US or in UK . Royal Mail/Parcel force website states is is not yet in their system and the US site states they can't track it once it leaves the US. there is a time period where this happens, usually if it is in the custom office. My guess is that it is so small that they just oversee it and don't process it :(

Ulla Harniet

Yeah, sounds like all you can do is hope that someday it washes up. If only someone in the system would take on finding this little package as their personal mission. Take the time to ransack the building for it. Having had the same thing happen to a package almost the size of a shoebox, I can imagine how easy it is for a smaller package to just be out of sight and mind. :sad

Lwcfuller
01-29-2017, 08:27 PM
Well...I must say with all these shipping issues I learned something over the weekend. On the USPS website they list the postmasters name for each zipcode! So.....I hunt around on Facebook and find the postmaster at where my package is stuck. I messaged them, not sure if they will accept the message though now I have a specific name and face. Also, if you call a small helpful post office they can give you other non published phone numbers for other branches. Hee...heee....this postmaster is getting a phone call from me tomorrow on their backlines. :heyhey

Lwcfuller
01-29-2017, 08:37 PM
I had this problem at a previous residence. At least they admitted "we don't really answer the phone". They also didn't deliver packages consistently, OR leave slips advising a package was waiting for pick-up. They were a bad USPS office - and they knew it. I learned the hard way how to actually get packages out of them.

It's maddening and frustrating because if you can't have a constructive phone conversation, then someone does have to show up there in person. And it has to be someone who is relentlessly polite but persistent. Relentless. Do or die. With a smile the whole way. Who will give the impression that they will hang around that counter until doomsday, waiting for someone to search for AND FIND their package.

And it has to be someone who, after listening to the download of why they must just wait and hope, can sweetly but insistently say "You know, I know this is frustrating for both of us. I probably need to talk with someone who ... well, can I talk to your manager?" Not like "can I" as in "will you allow me" (no, they won't), but "can I" in a tone that clearly implies, with a smile, "I will never ever leave this counter until I have spoken with a manager".

The counter person may sort it out, especially if it's apparent this person will remain polite BUT they aren't leaving until that package is found. But if the counter person doesn't make progress, whoever goes to represent you MUST work their way up the chain. Someone in the chain of supervision will decide that they either like knowing how to solve this problem, or else that it is quicker to solve it than to deal with this customer who won't stop leaning on their counter and making the line behind them longer and longer.

Whoever goes to the office has to be someone who will stay friendly, smile, BUT will go to the mat with 'em. Who gives out the aura that they came early and will lean on that counter until closing time. Maybe longer. :grintongue

Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!! Sending good energy that this package WILL be found & given over !!!!!!! :yaymiller

Good grief.....don't understand how it's allowed for a post office to be so bad. I know how it happens, but in other businesses it wouldn't be accepted.

Exactly, when you cannot talk to a person it makes it even more challenging. The stinky part with mine is it's a horse who was being shipped for a very minor repair. Now.....it's probably damaged even more or who know what. :bawl
So it was going to an artist for assistance so I will see if they ever go near that city and maybe can help pick it up. If it was me I definitely would bring a sack lunch and sit by booty down in the front counter until they fine it at this huge warehouse.

Thank you for the additional ideas, anything and everything is worth giving it a try.

Lora
02-06-2017, 05:08 AM
Yeah, sounds like all you can do is hope that someday it washes up. If only someone in the system would take on finding this little package as their personal mission. Take the time to ransack the building for it. Having had the same thing happen to a package almost the size of a shoebox, I can imagine how easy it is for a smaller package to just be out of sight and mind. :sad

Somehow the seller got the info that the item was last scanned in Heathrow , that means it is at the custom office or got lost there don't know. The info i got had a print on it "not to be shown to customers" or something like that ...

Ulla Harneit

Duke
02-07-2017, 02:03 AM
Emt/Kim did you ever get your gold appy Lady Phase? Just now catching up on this thread and hope she was delivered.

Good luck everyone getting your models! Yikes!

Raiha
02-07-2017, 11:08 PM
At least the postal worker was nice and took the time to look for you. FAR better that what I have to deal with.

I purchased a model secondhand roughly 2 years ago and the seller provided a tracking number. Like many of us I was regularly checking the package's trek but on the expected date of delivery, the status changed to "package rejected by recipient". I was at work and there was NO ONE home. I printed out the page and went to my local post office to see what had happened and the lady at the counter said "Well, you must have rejected the package." I told them that there was no way I could have because I was at work (and had my work clothes on to prove it). She then said "The someone who was home must have rejected the package." My response was just a leeeeetle terse and I told her that no one was at home because I was living alone. I then brought up the idea that maybe the postal worker had delivered the package to the wrong address when she asked "Now why would they do that? They can read the address." I felt like she was trying to insinuate that it was my fault the package was rejected despite the fact that I was at work and there was NO ONE in the house to reject it. Long story short, I finally had the package re-sent to me and told the sender to not opt for a signed delivery.

juliacodeman
02-07-2017, 11:21 PM
Oh how frustrating Raiha!

My mail lady Doreen went on vacation last week. Three times, the covering person "forgot" to make the pick up at my house, when I set up Priority mail pick ups-once I had 8 packages going out, all very time sensitive....then once last week he brought down a package, put it on my step and then went back up my 400 foot driveway and put the mail in the box-he came all the way down, why not leave the mail there-why make me get my package and then hoof up the drive to the box?

Then, I had been expecting a package from the UK which was untraceable due to it being sent Parcelforce, and all of a sudden my phone dings and I get a text that says, "Attempted delivery, noone at home to sign". I was so mad, because I was sitting there not five feet from the front door, and the mailman never even came down the driveway! Ugh!!

My mail lady came back all tan and rested from Mexico today. I nearly hugged her at the front door. It's amazing, what a difference an awesome mail carrier can make.