PDA

View Full Version : Time payments on Ebay

Jasper
12-31-2016, 04:06 PM
Has anyone been able to do time pays 'legally' on Ebay? I know in the past some people say they contact the seller and it's settled off Ebay. The only thing that worries me about that, is the seller might report me about working the transaction without Ebay. So I was wondering about other ways. Thanks!

Stacie Boisen

Lorena
01-02-2017, 09:17 PM
I haven't heard of a way to do that, other than through PayPal and they open a line of credit for you I believe. I think if you can contact the seller after a failed auction, it might not be against the site services since the item failed to sell, but I don't know if that's true or not. You might see if they have any items listed in eBay and another site, and contact them through the other site to make an offer contingent on IF the item doesn't sell on eBay. That way you aren't asking them to end the auction early or interfering with the sale. Again, not sure if that's within the rules either but it seems like it should be. If something doesn't sell on eBay it's not like they can demand a seller never try to sell somewhere else.

DooWiki
01-02-2017, 09:47 PM
I'd suggest doing the time payments through PayPal. That way your purchase is under their protection, at least for a while. I've never used it but it makes sense if you qualify for the credit.

Jasper
01-03-2017, 02:07 AM
Thank you! I messaged the seller but she didn't get back to me. But I see now she has started selling on MHSP. So problem solved. However, the information you have provided will help for future reference.