PDA

View Full Version : Yellows for Breyer

damaia
01-17-2017, 03:12 PM
I feel a little foolish posting on the transactions board regarding such a major company, but here we are. (If this doesn't belong here, Mary, please feel free to delete it.)

I ordered a Gideon Collector's Club SR from Breyer when he was released in October. He took almost ten days to show up, as is typical when I order from Breyer, and when he arrived he was badly flawed. His paint was gouged through to the white plastic on his show side for about a quarter of an inch on his flank. I sent pictures to their customer service department and received a shipping label, and was told that he would be exchanged for a different one. I shipped him back on November 17th, according to my receipt.

Two months went by.

I emailed Breyer's customer service department last week. Two more days went by, and then I received a canned email telling me that I would be getting a refund rather than a replacement. No apology, no explanation, no nothing. No horse.

I'm extremely disappointed to not receive my horse, obviously, but I'm more disappointed that Breyer told me they would replace the model, didn't, and then held onto my money for two months, forcing me to send them an email to get them to return it. I get that the holidays are a busy time, but a two month turnaround is unacceptable.

This is a yellow rather than a red because I did eventually at least get my money back, but I had a terrible customer service experience and will be hesitant about ordering web specials in the future if this is what the return process will be like if there's a problem.

-Kathryn Johnson

apocalypticchick
01-17-2017, 04:26 PM
I had a similar experience with Coeur de Lion. What I learned was that it's much better to call them right away and demand to talk to someone who knows what's going on. Also call as soon as the return label shows any activity and they should send the replacement then, not have to wait until the model gets back to them. I will try that next time. For Coeur, I did eventually get a refund and luckily was able to buy one from a Blabber. But it still wasn't a great experience.

summerwinds
01-17-2017, 09:22 PM
I had this with the Web SR goddess Demeter. She arrived with a hole in her forehead and I was assured a replacement, but after I sent her back I ended up getting a refund only. Then I found out, after the refund, that they were selling models to wait list. I am not sure how Breyer works, but they seem to sometimes have 2 different departments that deal with returns and I don't think they always communicate. I learned that calling works best.

On the flip side, I believe Gideon is still available for purchase so if you really want him a blabber that hasn't purchased him yet could probably get him for you and hope that this one arrives flaw free.

Aidan's Toy Trove
01-17-2017, 09:44 PM
I'm sorry :( I too have found that you really have to keep after Breyer's Customer Service to get results. It's a shame that such a big company can't be more organized. Sometimes it feels like they just don't care.

juliacodeman
01-17-2017, 10:05 PM
I had this happen with my Shannondell, it took about two months for them to send a new one, and only after I had inquired several times that they realized he had never been sent out. The next return I did, I watched the UPS slip like a hawk, and the DAY it got to them and was signed for, I emailed, called, emailed, emailed, and emailed a fourth time-over a matter of a week or so before anyone got back to me to say they were mailing it out the next day. Persistence is key, or they get backlogged and forget about you. I am sorry that you got a refund, that's no fair. I would've thought they would've had more for replacement models.

JoeCool
01-17-2017, 10:49 PM
Yes it does appear that Gideon is still available to CC members as I just looked on my account and have the option to purchase one if I want. It seems slightly ridiculous that they refunded with no word when members who haven't bought yet still have the option. Maybe even now calling Breyer might see them sorting out the problem so you can still get a Gideon.

VWK'sanEasyGoer
01-18-2017, 03:42 AM
I find calling is the only option and gets results. Not one of my emails has ever been answered. But calling the toll free number works.

damaia
01-18-2017, 01:51 PM
Good to know. I work a job that's essentially customer service (for now- I am attempting to escape), and I hate to be the person that calls and nags, but I think that's what has to happen from now on.