PDA

View Full Version : Box carnage!

texxdog
02-01-2017, 07:44 PM
This package had been unaccounted for since November 29th when it was last scanned in Frankfurt, Germany. I received the postal peach slip yesterday and went to post office to pick it up. This is what I saw.

SylvanTrails
02-01-2017, 07:53 PM
ouch!!

WPDR
02-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Eeek. What was in it?

Beethovens7th
02-01-2017, 08:18 PM
Oh i hope and :pray the horse is okay! :ppplease

DooWiki
02-01-2017, 08:18 PM
Holy cow! :eek Looks like it's been living under a truck.

texxdog
02-01-2017, 08:19 PM
Two Eberl's were in it!

emt8134
02-01-2017, 08:19 PM
Dear heavens!!! Is it OK??

texxdog
02-01-2017, 08:41 PM
Amazingly, there was not major damage. Ears are gone and there is some mane and hoof chipping, but no broken legs or tails. Thank goodness Brigitte really mummified them.

I have to say, this is the worst box I have ever received. It looks like it got stomped on. There was added tape and strapping trying to hold the box together.

WPDR
02-01-2017, 08:48 PM
Sadly I see many similar boxes every night at work.

fastapp
02-01-2017, 09:07 PM
I'm childishly giggling over the word Futtersack! on the one side. It sounds like an appropriate expletive for the condition of the box, but I have no idea what it really is.

VWK'sanEasyGoer
02-01-2017, 09:26 PM
That box has been totally destroyed. I'm amazed the horses weren't smashed to bits. Goodness. Glad you finally got your horses. Scary to think what that box went through. :(

Mary
02-01-2017, 09:27 PM
[Moved to TTB as it is transaction-related ... even though no one is blaming anyone. Except some postal service somewhere! ;) :grin ]

Mary
02-01-2017, 09:29 PM
I agree, as little damage as was done to the models was a lucky chance!

That doesn't look like box-to-box stacking or even throwing, to me ... although not an expert on box damage. But to me it looks as if it was run over by something such as a motorized warehouse cart. It's not just dinged, it's crushed! and looks as if mostly on one corner.

texxdog
02-01-2017, 10:14 PM
Sorry about that Mary! Right now I am far more amused by it than upset. (Now if the horses were crushed, I would be quite ticked off, and I would have placed this topic in the transaction forum. ) It is a good public service announcement to pack and wrap your horses well when shipping. :grin

texxdog
02-01-2017, 10:28 PM
Here are the horses. I can't believe they made it. (Mostly :lol )

SylvanTrails
02-01-2017, 10:59 PM
:wow

ALemon
02-02-2017, 01:00 AM
I had a box from Germany ( and Brigitte) show up in much that same way. Made PO worker watch me open box, dreading the worst.... broken ear was only damage.

champagnehorses
02-02-2017, 01:16 AM
Oh my!!! Glad the horses inside are in good shape. That poor box...:tsktsk

Whitestones_uk
02-02-2017, 06:30 AM
:wtf:upset:yikes
But so pleased to hear they were (mostly) OK :hugg

texxdog
02-02-2017, 06:48 AM
I had a box from Germany ( and Brigitte) show up in much that same way. Made PO worker watch me open box, dreading the worst.... broken ear was only damage.

It is amazing that these horses make it with such minor damage. I was expecting the tails to be cracked at the base and legs at weird angles. That is why I opened it at the post office just like you. I was not going walk away with a box looking like that .

RRStudios
02-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Ack! Amazing that no legs were broken, and that one ear on each horse managed to stay intact! I'd say you were super lucky. It literally looks like they ran that box over with a truck, and yet the horses survived!

horsefreak
02-02-2017, 10:24 AM
Yikes! :eek I'm glad the horses arrived okay.

Gilder
02-02-2017, 10:48 AM
I'm childishly giggling over the word Futtersack! on the one side. It sounds like an appropriate expletive for the condition of the box, but I have no idea what it really is.

I had to look it up. A futtersack is a feed bag.

Beethovens7th
02-02-2017, 02:23 PM
i need to cut off the futtersack...:uh

BuckR.
02-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Oh man. The last boxes I got from Germany were really smashed too. The tests inside survived though. This is not reassuring as I have about $6000 worth of horses coming from Germany. *wails*

indigoleo
02-02-2017, 02:35 PM
I'm glad the horses are mostly intact. Maybe the post office needs to hire more people and less gorillas. :uh

Lora
02-02-2017, 04:05 PM
That's the result of privatization of the german post system . They hire subcontractors and pile on more and more work to their workers, so workers don't care for the little money they get for their job...

Ulla Harneit

and yes a Futtersack is a (large) feed (for animals) bag

BuckR.
02-02-2017, 04:07 PM
That's the result of privatization of the german post system . They hire subcontractors and pile on more and more work to their workers, so workers don't care for the little money they get for their job...

Ulla Harneit

and yes a Futtersack is a (large) feed (for animals) bag

That explains a lot. I only noticed my boxes from Germany as the most damaged, so I wondered if it was their postal system, and not the USPS. :sigh

Wixom Aficionado
02-02-2017, 05:57 PM
Wow! That box...

texxdog
02-02-2017, 09:40 PM
Oh man. The last boxes I got from Germany were really smashed too. The tests inside survived though. This is not reassuring as I have about $6000 worth of horses coming from Germany. *wails*

That sounds nerve wracking to me!

texxdog
02-02-2017, 09:46 PM
I am so tempted to name the rearing mare (Sierra) Futtersack Carnage. :lol

juliacodeman
02-03-2017, 12:09 AM
What postal service? This came for me from the U.K...it's really mangled. Luckily, all three Copperfox models are not only intact, but their boxes were also unharmed, even though part of one was sticking out! This was a Parcelforce package. I guess they've got a rep for handing off their packages from one carrier to another to another, therefore without liability as one could blame the next-and voila! you get this in the mail. How embarrassing. I would be embarrassed to work for the US Postal service and deliver this to someone.

juliacodeman
02-03-2017, 12:13 AM
Beautiful Eberls by the way!!!!

Just how does this happen, anyway? What exactly is being done physically to make THIS?

juliacodeman
02-03-2017, 12:15 AM
I am so tempted to name the rearing mare (Sierra) Futtersack Carnage. :lol That's a perfect name, love it!!!!

BuckR.
02-03-2017, 12:41 AM
That sounds nerve wracking to me!

Yessss.... The two boxes are marked at Frankfurt, and now both say Origin Post is Preparing Shipment. The dreaded words. So they are either in a crate, waiting for the crate to fill so they can be put on liners and shipped over, or they are in customs. No way to know. Only the longer it takes, the less good things are. :sigh Two Burbanks, one BF auction test, a live show reserve prize model, and a Strapless Sidesaddle set with box are what I'm waiting on. Grrrr.....

Drenarrow
02-03-2017, 12:56 AM
So glad your horses survived! I would probably have thrown up. :puke
I almost did the other day, and that was a box from inside the country! I'm really lucky that the seller knew how to pack a horse (and the Nokota mold is pretty sturdy), but it almost fell out the bottom of the box! I think there was enough tape, but the box was so badly dented in (it looked like someone spent the afternoon drop kicking it) that the inside flap started to pull away. I should have taken pictures, but I wanted my horse out. I do think that part of the problem was that the seller had written "very fragile" on the box. :doh

What postal service? This came for me from the U.K...it's really mangled. Luckily, all three Copperfox models are not only intact, but their boxes were also unharmed, even though part of one was sticking out! This was a Parcelforce package. I guess they've got a rep for handing off their packages from one carrier to another to another, therefore without liability as one could blame the next-and voila! you get this in the mail. How embarrassing. I would be embarrassed to work for the US Postal service and deliver this to someone.

Woah! Did this come straight from Copperfox? I think all mine came (safely) through Royal Mail, did something change?

Lora
02-03-2017, 04:44 AM
Royal Mail only handles parcels up to a certain size and weight :( . but they do handle parcels carefully, i got several models sent in envelopes or plastic bags with no damage. I can only imagine the 3D-puzzle I would get in Germany .And unfortunatly alternatives to post/DHL aren't better, some are even worse (not just handling of parcels though...)... I sent a parcel with Hermes to Germany, the figure arrived broken in several pieces :( even th ebuyer said it was not due to my packing

Ulla Harneit

texxdog
02-03-2017, 08:37 AM

Eeeeeeeeekkkkkkk! That is another scary box.

texxdog
02-03-2017, 08:40 AM
Beautiful Eberls by the way!!!!

Just how does this happen, anyway? What exactly is being done physically to make THIS?

Sheesh. Another one? Was everything ok?

Thanks for the compliment on the Eberls too. They are nice sculptures.

BuckR.
02-03-2017, 08:56 AM
Sheesh, I love all the tape. They're over that like, "Yeah, we just impaled this thing with a forklift and flattened it with a truck, but we taped it, so it's all good. They'll never know!"

Zexious
02-03-2017, 01:05 PM
Real talk, these boxes are terrifying! Talk about panic-inducing!!

When international parchments are mishandled, is there any sort of recourse? Or no?