PDA

View Full Version : I am beyond frustrated.

RBrazil
05-09-2017, 11:16 AM
I am not going to post the name here just yet. But I am quite frustrated. I paid for a blank resin on March 20 (which stated there were 6 in stock). I heard nothing from the artist. I waited until April 7 to contact the artist to see if my resin had shipped. I was told paypal had not notified them that I purchased it & that they were having trouble with paypal so it had not shipped. I was told they would get it mailed to me in the next batch.

The artist then had another sale of the same resin on April 14 which said they had 4 in stock. I figured mine would be coming soon since they were selling more of that resin. I got nothing... Contacted the artist again on April 22 & again I was told about their paypal problems and that it would ship that week.

Well here it is now May 9 and I still dont have the resin which I want and I would rather not start a paypal dispute.

I have sent a PM to the artist on FB on April 6 and also posted on their wall yesterday. They have ignored both the PM and my post to their wall. But they have posted to FB and responded to other people posting on their wall since my post. :flamingmad I HATE BEING TOTALLY IGNORED AND EXPECTED BETTER TREATMENT FROM THIS WELL KNOWN ARTIST! I just posted again on their wall. This is totally RIDICULOUS!!

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to get them to respond???? I think I have been more than patient waiting.

emt8134
05-09-2017, 11:19 AM
You may not want to but filing a PayPal dispute will definitely get their attention.

RBrazil
05-09-2017, 11:21 AM
I know :somad

DooWiki
05-09-2017, 11:34 AM
You may not want to but filing a PayPal dispute will definitely get their attention.
That was my first thought, too. Assuming you can resolve it, it's easy to drop the dispute. But I'd say file just for your protection.

RRStudios
05-09-2017, 02:20 PM
Frankly I'm calling BS because even in the event that PayPal glitches or temporarily locks funds, they know full well that you paid and you shouldn't have to wait for your resin. Really bad customer service and I would in no way have been this patient with them.

I'm really interested to know which artist this is as I buy a lot of resins and like to avoid drama when I can...Randi, can you PM me if you don't want to share their name on this thread?

IeshaLover
05-09-2017, 02:58 PM
I think I know who you're referring to, and if so, I had something similar happen. I bought 2 of the same resin, in two different transactions because the PayPal's "Add to Cart" button didn't have a quantity box. Only one was shipped a few weeks later. I contacted the sculptor and a little while later I heard back that there were PayPal issues and she would be in touch when the next batch came. A few batches came and went and I didn't hear back until a few months later when she did get in contact with me and send me the second model. Patience is key with this person, but they absolutely will come around and get you your model. I do realize the wait is less than ideal though, but frankly in my opinion better than the alternative. :)

RBrazil
05-09-2017, 03:00 PM
OK I have had it now. The artist just put up more castings of the resin I already paid for. I started a paypal dispute!

I agree Meghan, all you have to do is look down your list of incoming payments to see what was paid. It is not that dang difficult! I will PM you the artist name.

I will post here how the dispute turns out when I know more.

RBrazil
05-09-2017, 03:03 PM
I think I know who you're referring to, and if so, I had something similar happen. I bought 2 of the same resin, in two different transactions because the PayPal's "Add to Cart" button didn't have a quantity box. Only one was shipped a few weeks later. I contacted the sculptor and a little while later I heard back that there were PayPal issues and she would be in touch when the next batch came. A few batches came and went and I didn't hear back until a few months later when she did get in contact with me and send me the second model. Patience is key with this person, but they absolutely will come around and get you your model. I do realize the wait is less than ideal though, but frankly in my opinion better than the alternative. :)

their customer service sucks. to outright start ignoring someone that paid you money for something I will not tolerate.

I am glad you finally received your 2nd resin. It sounds like it was the same artist.

Eviejean
05-09-2017, 03:33 PM
Knowing that there ARE artists out there that bend over backward to make sure their customers are treated right and taken care of
(Rayvin Brewer comes to mind as a super customer service oriented artist) I truly don't understand why some artists find is necessary
to treat a customer as you have been treated Randi!

Just because an artist is well know in the hobby or a great sculptor does not give them the 'right' to push aside or ignore a paying customer in this way!
This is unacceptable! :grump

RBrazil
05-09-2017, 03:42 PM
I totally agree with you Eviejean. I am frankly shocked at their behavior.

BreyerBuyer415
05-09-2017, 05:06 PM

:yeahthat Same thing happened to me. I ordered two resins back in December, and then found out that Paypal had glitched and oversold. An email was sent out shortly after stating what had happened and that everyone who had paid for the resins would get one next batch or two. I waited until March without hearing or receiving anything. I was finally contacted by the artist and got my resins eventually. It was frustrating and took forever, but at least she got in touch and followed through. I'm not sure why you're getting treated the way you are? :dunno I do hope you can get everything sorted out asap! I'm very sorry this has happened. :( :hugg

Inrun
05-09-2017, 06:56 PM
I'm assuming I know who this is about and that the below snip of an email was sent today:

Now I wanted to let you know that I'm still working on shipping. I'm horribly behind, so I pushed myself a bit too hard and busted my back and exhausted myself. So I had to take a break. But I'm back at it this week and aiming to get everything ready to ship by Monday, a huge passel of little boxes. My back can be a real obstacle in getting shipping done super quick, unfortunately. I have a chronic bad back injury that causes a great deal of pain and threatens the use of my legs so I have to baby it along. I apologize for that...it's just the nature of the beast, I suppose. Just know that I haven't forgotten about any of you! And those who have missing orders will get their castings this shipment—thank you for your patience! So come hell or high water, all of you will get your order asap!

That said, please know I'm still having trouble with Paypal, which has been no help in all this mess. I'm even finding old Etsy orders I didn't know about! Even some old shipments that Paypal never notified me went awol! So it's been a really eye-opening experience. If this keeps up, I may have to find another way to sell my work. Paypal is just not letting me serve you the way I want to all of a sudden. The good news is that—no—I haven't been hacked. That was my worst fear and a concern many of you had. So just know that isn't the case. It seems to be an email problem, so I'm going to use a new contact email for Paypal and see if that solves the problem. We'll find out with this new batch I guess!

Blueline
05-09-2017, 07:01 PM
Totally know who you speak of, and if you read her email that went out today, she is hoping to have everything right by next week. I am also waiting on some ponies from February, but I have no reason to believe she wil not make good.

As for all the other stuff posted here, yikes. This is why so many artists leave the hobby. It's just plastic ponies, people. Have some humanity once in a while.

Princesstriage
05-09-2017, 08:18 PM
They may be 'just plastic ponies' but they are plastic ponies people are spending hard earned money to have. I don't disagree that kindness and understanding during a rough patch should exist within the hobby but when an artist has potentially $1k's worth of backorders because their product is in demand they should be doing their best to make sure the orders are going out as quickly as possible in the order received in the case of working with castings of one mold and if there is an issue then it is the artists job to reach out to their clients and let them know they need a little longer because.... and most people will be understanding as long as they don't feel like they are just being brushed off until the artist feels like getting to their order. The client shouldn't have to beg to communicated with.

Please note that I have no idea who the artist is, what the model is, or what the situation is so I am trying not to judge on anything but the information here and if I were Randi I would probably be feeling some frustration at this point too if I was getting little to no communication and then feeling brushed off as insignificant when the seller is selling more castings of a product I have purchased but not received yet.

My best wishes to Randi on either getting her piece soon or her money back as well as my best wishes to the artist because it sounds like she does have her plate full right now with Paypal being wishy-washy and her back issue .

Beethovens7th
05-09-2017, 08:39 PM
:hugg

RBrazil
05-09-2017, 09:06 PM
I have been patient up to the point where she ignored my PM on FB and my post to her wall on FB but YET had time to post & respond to other people but not me.

When I purchased the resin it said it was in stock. What does that mean? to me that means it is in stock and ready to go. Since I purchased, she has had time to send out 2 more emails selling the same resin in April and then again today. Both stated that the resin was in stock. Ok, dont sell more if you cant get mailed out what you have already received money for. I am a very patient person but when I get ignored then I am done being patient. Communication is the key in this hobby. I have waited 2 years for a commission before but that artist kept in contact.

I can totally relate to health problems as I have many of them myself but gee whiz she has time to post all over the place on FB and send out 2 more sales emails but yet cant seem to mail out the stuff she is selling that the emails says are in stock? There is something wrong with that picture. Don't sell more if you still have outstanding orders that have not shipped! Simple!

I live on disability as my only income so what I do purchase I have to save for and I have to pick & choose where my goes & gets spent on. Yes they are only resin ponies but I also am not a bank to give my hard saved money to someone for months until they get around to mailing something out that was suppose to be 'IN STOCK"

Inrun
05-10-2017, 09:08 AM
I've never heard of this artist not making good on what she sells. On top of which this has been an issue with her paypal glitching while items are being ordered. She's not trying to over-sell what is in-stock. If you read what she wrote you would understand this. *shrug* It's up to you how you proceed but this is probably not the right hill to fight on.

RohanRider
05-10-2017, 11:50 AM
I had a similar issue. Took several months of waiting, but I did receive my order. My main concern is always the paypal dispute deadline of 6 months - if it had gotten closer to that, I probably would have filed a claim to protect my assets, but otherwise I can be fairly patient. What I did not like was how long it took for the artist to answer a simple question. I sent messages on Facebook, email, etc, and weeks without a simple communication even saying "message received and will get back to you" got me fairly concerned. :( But, I did finally receive them, and also got email reply from artist right around that same time, too.
:blueflower

unicornwoman
05-10-2017, 12:25 PM
I wonder if it is Paypal that is the issue or her email. I've had some weird issues with email. One host frequently got blacklisted so that people from comcast or hotmail would no longer accept emails (even replies) from me. Other times, emails just get lost in the ether. And, if the email is from MH$P, we know the frequent issues there...

amorrison50
05-10-2017, 12:26 PM
I've never heard of this artist not making good on what she sells. On top of which this has been an issue with her paypal glitching while items are being ordered. She's not trying to over-sell what is in-stock. If you read what she wrote you would understand this. *shrug* It's up to you how you proceed but this is probably not the right hill to fight on.

The OP was told twice by the seller that the item would ship, and it didn't. Considering that, any paypal glitches are irrelevant. Seller said they would ship, they didn't, full stop. To call out the OP for not accepting yet another excuse via an email to someone else shared on a message board is absurd.

Inrun
05-10-2017, 02:44 PM
The OP was told twice by the seller that the item would ship, and it didn't. Considering that, any paypal glitches are irrelevant. Seller said they would ship, they didn't, full stop. To call out the OP for not accepting yet another excuse via an email to someone else shared on a message board is absurd.

*shrugs* Your opinion. I know the artist and I trust her to always follow through in the end.

Edit:

I am totally not trying to be a dick about this, and yes there are things everyone can do better. But in the end this artist has always come through. As well people and other artists are still watching this thread and other threads, when you start making posts like this you can find yourself in other deep water in this hobby that you maybe do not want to be in. I utterly understand the frustration but like I said, the artist has always come through. So it's up to the OP on how she wants to proceed.

amorrison50
05-10-2017, 02:55 PM
That's fine. But telling someone else to pipe down because their current experience is not going well is just rude.

JRT Mom
05-10-2017, 03:02 PM
*shrugs* Your opinion. I know the artist and I trust her to always follow through in the end.

That's great, but we all have our levels of tolerance. This artist acknowledged the receipt of the money from the buyer, said she would ship and has not yet shipped.

If I pay you money for a product, which you have in hand and you KNOW I paid for, then by gosh, you'd better ship it to me. Period.

I have NO dog in this at all, as I don't buy resins and I don't commission artists to do work for me (well, I did two several years ago and they were both awesome to deal with) because I have read WAY too many horror stories of money spent and product not received or of people waiting for years to get what they've paid for.

It's fine if you tolerate a long wait and excuses, but some people won't....and shouldn't have to.

Randi, good luck with your pursuit of satisfaction in this matter.

Inrun
05-10-2017, 03:02 PM
That's fine. But telling someone else to pipe down because their current experience is not going well is just rude.

I did not use those words and I was much more polite then that. If anyone has been rude it was you. But thank you.

Anywho - I do wish the OP luck, I'm sure she'll get her things or a refund in the end if she's opened a paypal dispute. Best of luck!

RBrazil
05-10-2017, 06:04 PM
The artist has messaged me today and things are being worked out. Please, I am asking no more replies to this thread.

Many thanks to all the people who understand my side and frustration in this situation. :grouphug

RBrazil
05-30-2017, 03:50 PM
I am happy to announce that the resin arrived in today's mail.

texxdog
05-30-2017, 06:41 PM
Awesome! I am glad it arrived.

Mary
05-30-2017, 06:55 PM
So glad to hear this! :toothy

VWK'sanEasyGoer
05-30-2017, 07:07 PM
:clap I like happy endings!

RBrazil
05-30-2017, 07:08 PM
Thanks everyone :)