PDA

View Full Version : Muncie, Indiana Model Horse Swap/Meetup!

Cavonnier
05-26-2017, 01:56 PM
Hi all,

I am hosting a hobby get-together in my town. Open to anyone that wants to come! Join us to swap, sell, and just enjoy models. We'll have some workshops/demos going on as well. This is a social, non-competitive event, designed so we can meet our local hobby members and have some time to get to know one another outside of shows!

Muncie Model Horse Swap/Hangout
Saturday, June 17, 11 AM-? PM
Muncie, IN at the Banquet Room of Pizza King (building right behind the Pizza King) at 4111 N. Wheeling Ave.
Muncie, IN 47304

This is a hobby get-together! Come meet fellow, local hobbiests, bring models and model-related items to swap, sell, show off. We'll have some workshops/demos as well. It should be a fun afternoon of socializing and enjoying our hobby in a non-competitive enviornment! Plus, PIZZA!!! :)

Here is our FB group with more info:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/338236363244941/

Feel free to PM me for more info as well. :)

Hope to see you there!

-Allison

Breyer Fire
05-26-2017, 08:13 PM
I wish this was in my town and state - I would go!

Truson
05-27-2017, 06:59 AM
I will give it a look and see what that weekend brings, if I'm not working perhaps I can check it out! :)

Cavonnier
05-27-2017, 09:10 AM
I will give it a look and see what that weekend brings, if I'm not working perhaps I can check it out! :)

That would be awesome! :)

Blue Sky Acres
05-29-2017, 08:33 AM
I'm in Muncie, but I'll be on vacation that weekend! :sigh

But I'll join the Facebook group anyways, in case my plans change before then

Izzadorable
06-05-2017, 04:28 PM
I'm not from Muncie, but it's only about an hour-ish away. I might be able to stop by! Joining the group just in case :)

Cavonnier
06-05-2017, 08:33 PM
Yeah!!! If you can, please come on by!

emt8134
06-05-2017, 09:28 PM
Amazing!!! Good luck and here's hoping for a great turnout!

Cavonnier
06-05-2017, 09:56 PM
Come on up Kim! You are welcome to stay at our condo! :-). It's tiny, but homey! If not this time, if it goes well, I'll do others. I just feel like the hobby needs some non-competitive get togethers so people clan get to know each other! :-)

mevans
06-27-2017, 06:29 PM
O my Goodness!! It's been a week already! I'm surprised that nobody has popped back over here to let the BLABBERS know what a *WONDERFUL*, fun filled and relaxing time we had at ALLISON P.'s 1st swap meet and get together!! THANK YOU *SO* MUCH ALLISON! I *thoroughly* ENJOYED myself and can't WAIT until you do this again!

Someone needs to post pictures!! I'm an "oldie" (w-e-e-l-l-! Maybe NOT that "old"--but definitely NOT a technological "geek"! I have a *hard* time figuring out FACEBOOK (sorry if the news was already posted there! ) And I'm just learning the "whys & wherefores" of a Smartphone - so while I took GOBS of photos myself--I've not (yet) learned how to post them to blogs/computers/websites, etc. etc.!

Maybe someone who also attended will also chime in! It was FUN!!! I got to meet up with some *dear* old friends! (Lynn I., Kay C., Anna T. , Jennifer R., Maureen R. & others I've known for awhile!) and some NEW people (Allison P., Robin M., Ronda M., Tonya C., ) I *think* 1/2 of the attendees were Indiana folk-but the other 1/2 were Ohioans and Kentuckians!!
Part of the "fun" was introducing yourself and having the newcomers to the hobby learn how long the "oldies -but goodies" <haha!> had been in the hobby and what inspired them to stay (or start) in the first place! We had a lady give a talk on what judges were looking for in "live" show models (Sorry I forgot who!) I *wish* I had listened to the group -but I was busy stuffing my face with FOOD! <heh!>

As much as some BLABBERS have been talking about congas and vintage models--I *think* I blew some of the attendees minds when I brought out my decorator Fighter Stallion to have Jennifer R. take a look at him to see if he could be shown! (he needs a little work!) Talking about VINTAGE --I saw more Fighters, Semi Rearing , Stretch Morgans, and Drafters in their *original* issued colors than you could shake a stick at!! My mind was blown @ Anna's table!! I actually got to see (touch & feel) COPPERFOX models IN PERSON!!! (Heretofore, I'd only seen them in pictures!! They were *beautiful*!! GREAT!! Just what I need! Another mold to collect! <heh!> Maybe some kind soul will bequeath me a CADNO or LAKEVIEW KNIGHT for my birthday?? Or for CHRISTMAS??<hint! Hint!>

Please pardon the caps and the asterisks,ya'll! I guess I'm excited and this is how I express myself--I'm *not* "shouting" at anybody! Really!)

This was my 1st time attending a "swap" meet --and being the "black hole" collector that I am, it didn't dawn on me to bring anything to SELL!!<giggle! Although I'll know better next time!> I didn't get to see everybody's table (as I was busy yakking it up!) but I *did* snag a *beautifully* shaded "Naranda" that had been on my "want" list for a long time along with a "Sonsela" and some stablemates--and a treasured piece that will NEVER leave my collection -a H-R DW "BUTCH"!! (Thank you Lynn I. for this piece! She *knows* I'm a clinky fanatic! I'm *trying* to get her to bequeath a particular "beauty" to me!<heh heh!> I'll have to let you know how that plays out!

Sorry that this is so long! I was trying remember and recount a little of everything that went on! Again - I just want to publicly thank ALLISON PAREIS for putting together this get together for us! And to her husband STAN! I didn't really get a chance to talk to him (other than to say "HI") You really don't get to see too many men involved in the hobby and he was *really* very very supportive of her--which was NEAT! So three cheers for him as well! I really *hope* that they will do this again! (In fact, the ONLY "negative" thing about the get together -if you can call this a "negative" was that it was over TOO SOON!!)

One more "shout out" before I close this. We're always talking about bringing young people (or younger) people into the hobby - and how the MALES tend to avoid us because the hobby is too "feminine" for today's society! I thought it was *great* that Anna T. brought her son along! I don't remember if he's getting started in the hobby himself -- or he was just there to be his mom's "helper" -but it just shows HOW we are evolving! He was a nice little gentleman--I *hope* Anna T. will bring him back again! (*before* he discovers GIRLS! <Heh!>)

OK-I'm done now!! (oh BTW-Allison is a Blabber! So again--YAY! ALLISON!!! GREAT WORK! GOOD JOB!!))

Cavonnier
07-01-2017, 06:32 PM
AWW! THANK YOU!!! I'm SO glad you could make it and I will FOREVER lust over that fighter you shared with everyone! The image of you sliding that horse out of the bag is forever ingrained in my mind in slo-mo. LOL!

I just want to send a thank you out to all that attended! What a GREAT turnout! I've felt for awhile that our hobby needs more, non-competitive get togethers where we can all socialize and get to know one another better. This was a great start and I plan on having some regular events to do just that. I hope this will inspire others all over in the hobby to try it out!

I can say for certain, there WILL be another event in this area sometime this fall. So keep your eyes peeled on the FB page and I will also post here! :)

But without further ado, I'll post a few pics Stan took during the festivities!

Cavonnier
07-01-2017, 06:32 PM