PDA

View Full Version : Non paying buyer but has positive feedback???

aneedforfun
06-09-2017, 07:49 AM
I am waiting on payment from a buyer on Ebay and they have 100% positive feedback but when I clicked on their feedback there are alot of Buyer did not pay comments but they are positive? Why would you leave positive feedback for a buyer who never paid?

SylvanTrails
06-09-2017, 08:04 AM
Because you can't leave negative feedback for buyers anymore, just sellers.

FourWindsFarm
06-09-2017, 09:30 AM
Yep. You can't leave negative feedback for a buyer, no matter how awful they are. Gotta love ebay.

Ghost_Wolf_Ranch
06-09-2017, 09:44 AM
IIRC that John Donahoe guy thought it would scare buyers off if sellers were able to tell the truth about bad experiences.

curlinfan
06-09-2017, 10:47 AM
If they're bad buyers who don't pay or get a refund by saying "item is not as described" then substitute a damaged item for the original when they do a return, they should be scared off. Allowing crooks to get away with that kind of cr*p keeps a lot of people off "evilBay". So they're losing customers either way. If I ran eBay I would rather have policies that keep away the cheaters & theives (whether they're buying or selling) than honest people who just don't want to pay ridiculous fees for the chance to be ripped off.

Eviejean
06-09-2017, 03:39 PM
If they're bad buyers who don't pay or get a refund by saying "item is not as described" then substitute a damaged item for the original when they do a return, they should be scared off. Allowing crooks to get away with that kind of cr*p keeps a lot of people off "evilBay". So they're losing customers either way. If I ran eBay I would rather have policies that keep away the cheaters & theives (whether they're buying or selling) than honest people who just don't want to pay ridiculous fees for the chance to be ripped off.
:yeahthat
WELL SAID!

Beethovens7th
06-09-2017, 03:59 PM
:yeahthat
WELL SAID!

:yeahthat :)

Ghost_Wolf_Ranch
06-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Yeah I remember him being super-condescending about sellers' protests, too. People "making noise" or some such.

aneedforfun
06-09-2017, 04:45 PM
Yikes I didn't know that I better pay more attention to feedback instead of the percentage that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of everyone needs to be responsible for their actions period :angry

Beethovens7th
06-09-2017, 05:22 PM
Yikes I didn't know that I better pay more attention to feedback instead of the percentage that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of everyone needs to be responsible for their actions period :angry
:yeahthat :exactly

ElvenEquestrian
06-10-2017, 02:06 AM
Is this a recent policy change?? I had noticed it on a buyer's feedback as well (but fortunately they paid me).
I don't like this at all...makes no sense.

Lora
06-10-2017, 05:14 AM
Not very recent happened before I moved to UK 7 years ago, even before I got my current job. when they stopped seller giving negative feedback I stopped selling at E-Bay, even though I only had reasons to give negative feedback twice as a seller. E-Bay is only interested in getting their fees not in safe transactions for buyers or sellers.
You block bidder foobarxyz , that bidder can hapily make another account barfooxyz and bid on your auctions
Sellers are afraid of filing non paying bidder-cases in case the buyer pays in the last minute just to be able to give negative feedback .Buyer can always get money back by stating item not as described.
Dishonest seller who never ship, also don't get removed.
Sellers who cancel auctions won't get marked for doing so,.
E-Bay makes it extra difficult to spot shill bidding.
E-Bay does nothing against the person who repeatedly lists her 3D-printed copies of Resins, despite being reported repeatedly
E-Bay could be much safer place if both parties can give each other feedback and if E-Bay stops people having multiple accounts (or have multiple accounts linked to one real account, so that if you block foobarxyz you also block barfooxyz if that is the same person)

Ulla Harneit

Beethovens7th
06-10-2017, 09:02 AM
Yeah. Another problem i've seen as a buyer is that sellers put in a dishonest amount of weight in their shipment while still charging you 7 bux over or more for what it costs shipping the item. i had several go-arounds with the gal when she couldn't see what she was doing wrong! Not only did she overcharge me 7 bux what it cost her, she shipped a Priority sized and weight horse as a First Class even though the weight of it was far above the limit (by a whole pound-i have a scale!) on First Class! i was disconcerted that i could not leave the appropriate feedback.

shannon Black

Eviejean
06-10-2017, 08:18 PM
Yeah. Another problem i've seen as a buyer is that sellers put in a dishonest amount of weight in their shipment while still charging you 7 bux over or more for what it costs shipping the item. i had several go-arounds with the gal when she couldn't see what she was doing wrong! Not only did she overcharge me 7 bux what it cost her, she shipped a Priority sized and weight horse as a First Class even though the weight of it was far above the limit (by a whole pound-i have a scale!) on First Class! i was disconcerted that i could not leave the appropriate feedback.

shannon Black

Geeze! That's ridiculous! :headbeat It's not difficult to follow the weight guidelines on shipping either. :grump
You're lucky the P.O. didn't catch her (and the packaging error) and send it back to HER as a fraudulent shipment!
And for her to charge you $7 over the post office amount is awful! :gaah I can see a (small) handling fee. eBay allows it and I myself add a small fee to cover things like paper, ink, tape and gas to go to the post office but $7.00??? That's outrageous. We're not supposed to be making money on shipping.

It's people like that, that take advantage, that made eBay start charging us a final value fee on our shipping amounts as well as our final selling price!
:soapbox

Lora
06-11-2017, 10:38 AM
I personally would not mind the cost of shipping as long i know them before I bid , I care more about how E-Bay sellers are packing the models. Lots of E-Bay seller seam to be so afraid to get low stars on shipping costs that they sent models in (padded) envelopes . Unfoertunatly there is no star-rating for packing and thanks to royal Mail all models arrived intact which there sent in envelopes to me, so i can't lower stars on item as described...

Ulla Harneit

Beethovens7th
06-11-2017, 04:46 PM
Geeze! That's ridiculous! :headbeat It's not difficult to follow the weight guidelines on shipping either. :grump
You're lucky the P.O. didn't catch her (and the packaging error) and send it back to HER as a fraudulent shipment!
And for her to charge you $7 over the post office amount is awful! :gaah I can see a (small) handling fee. eBay allows it and I myself add a small fee to cover things like paper, ink, tape and gas to go to the post office but $7.00??? That's outrageous. We're not supposed to be making money on shipping.

It's people like that, that take advantage, that made eBay start charging us a final value fee on our shipping amounts as well as our final selling price!
:soapbox

Yeah, not only that, but they are cheating the post office and that in the long run (or even short run) costs us all more in that they (the post office) hike their rates! :tsktsk

I personally would not mind the cost of shipping as long i know them before I bid , I care more about how E-Bay sellers are packing the models. Lots of E-Bay seller seam to be so afraid to get low stars on shipping costs that they sent models in (padded) envelopes . Unfoertunatly there is no star-rating for packing and thanks to royal Mail all models arrived intact which there sent in envelopes to me, so i can't lower stars on item as described...

Ulla Harneit

Yeah, i don't mind shipping being over either. In fact, i'll even leave al 5-star feedback if they ship it immediately Priority even if it is up to 5 dollars over what the shipping costs them. :yes

And my seller shipped the horse in a Priority box but with one piece of bubble and no peanuts so the horse was running around inside the box. :(