PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Collector/Shower in NH (or VT)

Eleda
06-21-2017, 07:18 AM
Hi Folks,

I know we've got several New Hampshirites here, and I'm hoping you or some Vermonters may be able to help.

I'll be going to Lancaster (that's north, really north) to pick up a collection from a woman's estate on 7/5. The collector passed away, and her exectuor contacted us. I've only seen photos of the models so far, but there are number of older customs among them, mostly Appys, so it's a really good bet that the collector showed... and was perhaps even on Blab.

As a gesture of caring and respect, I'm hoping someone will have show records with her name on them, or even, better, a photo of her showing. I told her friend who is currently storing the models that if I could find something, I'd bring copies for her and the executor, who was also her friend. They liked that, and offered me a list of last names that she might have shown under. If you recognize any of these names, and have anything that they might enjoy seeing (or even if you knew her and wanted to write up something nice that I could give them) it would be a lovely way to let them know that she's remembered in the model community.

Her first name was Cindy. The last names she may have shown with would be: Cindy Eager, Cindy Flynn, Cindy Marro, or Cindy Houde. She was from Lancaster, NH, at least most recently. I have no additional information, but I'm assuming she'd have been from ME, NH, or VT originally, since very few people move up to Lancaster out of the blue. :)

Thanks!
Eleda

dashesndots
06-21-2017, 07:38 AM
Disclaimer - I don't recognize the names, but I've only been showing/active in the hobby for a few years. Lancaster's not THAT north (it's not Pittsburg north, haha) ;) But I grew up in the general area (and currently live in Bethlehem), so I have a skewed perspective.

Hopefully someone can help you out!

Eleda
06-21-2017, 07:41 AM
Hi Ashley,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, we consider everything "above The Notch" as north, north. Our family business is in North Conway, and of course, we're just a bit southeast in Hiram, ME. If you know anyone who's been showing for a long time, please pass along the message. I'd sure like to be able to give them some little thing that shows she's alive in people's memories.

Have a great day!
Eleda

Lynda Gillette
06-21-2017, 08:47 AM
Are you on Facebook? If so post this on the Region 10 NAMHSA Facebook page. I bet you would find out who Cindy is pretty fast.

PineRidgeStables
06-21-2017, 09:45 AM
I agree that posting on the Region X Facebook and/or Yahoo group would probably be the best way of finding someone who knew her. :) I'm not familiar with the name myself, but I did look for her on the exhibitor list on the Region X website. It only lists one "Cindy", and she has a different last name than those mentioned above. Here's the link to the page if you're curious: https://regionxnation.com/RegionXNumbers. It could be that she was showing in the region before the database/website was around, though.

Eleda
06-21-2017, 01:08 PM
Thanks, guys! I just looked it up, and it's a closed group. I've sent a request to be added to the group. Thanks for the excellent suggestion!

Lynda Gillette
06-21-2017, 03:45 PM
The "Cindy" on the Region X exhibitor list is a friend of mine & lives in Western New York, different Cindy.

Eleda
06-22-2017, 08:49 AM
It seems sad to me that this person appears to have faded into obscurity. She also didn't leave an inventory list (any that's been found, anyway) or directions for bequeathing models that obviously meant a lot to her. I know this happens a lot, and it really saddens me... I feel a blog post coming on about the importance of planning for one's collection upon your death...

Meanwhile, I put out feelers on Region X Facebook as suggested, and a friend has hunted down an address for a woman who used to hold shows in Somersworth, NH. Hopefully the address is still good and maybe she'll remember her... That's where I thought I remembered seeing one of the customs in Cindy's collection, but heck, it was thirty years ago, so a lot of Appys can look alike after that amount of time. :blueflower