PDA

View Full Version : RED LIGHT - JUANITA HOVANEC/ebay ID countrygirl_62

indefinitely_jaded
06-25-2017, 09:50 AM
I know I'm not around Blab much anymore these days, but I thought I'd stop by to share my interaction with Juanita Hovanec/ebay ID countrygirl_62 - if only to prevent anyone else from being [mod edit, personal slight of seller removed].

On June 12, I paid the BIN on one of her auctions, which included $16.00+ for Priority shipping.
Later the same day, she messaged: "Hello! Thank you for your purchase. I am currently on vacation and wont be able to ship till i'm back. Hope this is okay!"
Still on the same day, I responded, "No problem - thanks for letting me know!" - because I'm a nice, understanding person.
She responded a short time later with "I get back on the weekend or early next week!��"

On June 16, she messaged: "Getting your model packed later today and hopefully out tomorrow sometime."

On June 18 (a Sunday), I received emails from eBay/PayPal that the item shipped - of course, we all know that means all she did was print a shipping label.

After the tracking information hadn't changed, I messaged her on June 20: "Just checking on the status? I got the tracking number on 6/18, but no change to the tracking after 2 business days. Thanks."
Later the same day, I received a response: "Shes being set out tomorrow. Ive been swamped. So sorry!"

After the tracking information STILL hadn't changed, I messaged her again on June 23 (in the morning, before I went to work): "Tomorrow was two days ago... please ship! I m starting to get concerned and considering getting eBay/PayPal involved."

Today is June 25 - 13 days since I paid, and 7 days since the shipping label was created (remember, I paid the hefty price for Priority shipping). I have received no response to my last message, nor have I received my package. I filed a "request" or whatever with eBay's Resolution Center, who is giving her 4 business days (until June 30) to remedy the situation before they refund my money.

I also want to point out that eBay lists her location as Commerce City, CO, but the shipping label is showing as originating from Anchorage, AK - so heaven only knows where she is *actually* located. I couldn't find anything about her on here, but I did find an interesting gem from a general Google search (which I will not link here since it's not related to the issue at hand).

Even though her eBay feedback is limited, it is all positive - as a buyer. I gave her the benefit of the doubt, because I was a new seller on eBay once, too. Shame on me!

indefinitely_jaded
06-26-2017, 05:14 AM
I received a message from her yesterday afternoon (4:46 p.m. Eastern): "Post office was closed all weekend shes boxed and getting out tomorrow along with three others that were bought over the weekend. Please."

I will believe it when I see it ... [mod edit, personal slight of seller removed]

Eviejean
06-28-2017, 06:03 PM
So sorry you are going through this and if you haven't gotten eBay involved maybe you should at least call them and discuss what's going on (don't e-mail you won't get a response).

You paid $16.00 for PRIORITY shipping, that means 2 to 3 days to receive your item and you have NOT received your item within that 2-3 days that Priority shipping reflects.
You should AT LEAST get a refund on your shipping and with going through an eBay representative you should be able to find out the proper way to make that happen!

Good Luck!

indefinitely_jaded
06-30-2017, 04:35 PM
I received a message from her yesterday afternoon (4:46 p.m. Eastern): "Post office was closed all weekend shes boxed and getting out tomorrow along with three others that were bought over the weekend. Please."[/COLOR][/I]

On July 29, I received a message that stated "I shipped today." On the same date, she responded to the Resolution Center case with: "I had to find a box that fit her correctly and had to get moe packing stuff. "

The item was shipped on July 28 - so again, not "tomorrow." I received the item today... after:

18 days from purchase
12 days from shipping label creation
Opening a Resolution Center case
Three false statements of shipping "tomorrow"

I closed the Resolution Center case (and included my reasons for opening/closing the case in the optional details box), and I left neutral feedback on eBay, since I did eventually receive the item.

indefinitely_jaded
07-30-2017, 07:30 AM
I received the following message from this eBay ID yesterday:

"Hello. I am the parent of Erin who apparently sold you horses. One problem that existed for this purchases was that Erin was not available to send right away. As her dad came unexpectedly to take her for summer visit. Therefore, I attempted to help her by shipping. Only to learn I had not included a few that I was not aware of. Therefore, this delayed the process of those you indicated were not included. That was my bad not Erin's. Erin was not able to come back from her fathers till way later in summer. From what I gather Erin ended up sending you the ones that I failed to include originally. In addition, provided you even more additional horses, not set in the original purchase. She did this to help resolve the delay of shipping. [NOTE: This is not the situation that occurred, AT ALL. I purchased one model, and received that one model only, after the events detailed in my prior posts.]Due to this situation, Erin will no longer selling horses or purchases anything at this time.

I can understand that you felt like you were scammed or like. I had that happen to me and was upset. Only when I complained to the appropriate agency and the company retaliated by attempting ruin my name. I assure you were not scammed but part of unfortunate events going on with Erin.

Therefore, my problem and reason I wrote to you is because I searched my name out of curiosity and see that I got a negative model horse review - which I do not deal with Breyer horses or like. Finding this also as prompted me to take action in respect to my daughter, being my name use. The comment made regarding "interesting gem" is a completely different matter as again not true.

Lastly, for me emailing you is because I am respectfully requesting that the review be removed citing above. You are welcome to contact me as I have taken over all emails and internet form Erin.

Kind Regards,
Juanita Hovanec"

TL;DR: I apparently was dealing with Erin, not Juanita. Juanita knows nothing about model horses - including the details of my transaction - and wants me to remove this review.

pzp
07-30-2017, 03:36 PM
I would modify the review with further explanation but not remove it.

Mary
07-30-2017, 05:11 PM
Just for what it is worth ... the only person who can remove something from TTB (or Blab) is the admin/owner, which is me. For consistency and integrity, reports are not removed from TTB under almost any circumstances.

Rarely I do get requests to remove something, sent from someone who says they don't want the report coming up on an internet search of their name. These people typically explain that they are trying to clean up their name search, certainly a legit effort. But that hasn't been a reason to redact the record and the searchability of transactions on TTB, for both Blab members and the hobby generally. I make the point to them that (a) they can post their side of the story; (b) as the issue fades into the past it should be less important; and (c) these days, many many people who use the internet have some blip or other come up on a name-search. Those who search have to weigh the importance, as well as if the item is accurate or true, and even if it is about the same person they are name-searching, as there is usually more than one person on the internet with the same name as almost any name.

So, that's just some random information that may or may not be relevant here. No one has asked me to remove this item from Blab. All Sarah can do about it is what she is doing, and that is to add to her previous report, which will stand as is. :)

Erin and her mother are both free to register for free and post their side, so long as they do it according to the rules of Blab & TTB which are linked and highlighted in the TTB main forum page. :yes Blab does encourage those reporting transactions to share this information with those they are reporting, and send a link to the thread. That step is not required and Blab does not enforce it.

indefinitely_jaded
07-31-2017, 05:11 AM
Just for what it is worth ... the only person who can remove something from TTB (or Blab) is the admin/owner, which is me. For consistency and integrity, reports are not removed from TTB under almost any circumstances.

Rarely I do get requests to remove something, sent from someone who says they don't want the report coming up on an internet search of their name. These people typically explain that they are trying to clean up their name search, certainly a legit effort. But that hasn't been a reason to redact the record and the searchability of transactions on TTB, for both Blab members and the hobby generally. I make the point to them that (a) they can post their side of the story; (b) as the issue fades into the past it should be less important; and (c) these days, many many people who use the internet have some blip or other come up on a name-search. Those who search have to weigh the importance, as well as if the item is accurate or true, and even if it is about the same person they are name-searching, as there is usually more than one person on the internet with the same name as almost any name.

So, that's just some random information that may or may not be relevant here. No one has asked me to remove this item from Blab. All Sarah can do about it is what she is doing, and that is to add to her previous report, which will stand as is. :)

Erin and her mother are both free to register for free and post their side, so long as they do it according to the rules of Blab & TTB which are linked and highlighted in the TTB main forum page. :yes Blab does encourage those reporting transactions to share this information with those they are reporting, and send a link to the thread. That step is not required and Blab does not enforce it.

I did inform her that I could not edit/remove the review myself, and that I posted her explanation so others could read it. I also asked her not to contact me again about this month-old transaction, as it is resolved as far as I am concerned.

Brenda
07-31-2017, 02:14 PM
I also want to point out that eBay lists her location as Commerce City, CO, but the shipping label is showing as originating from Anchorage, AK - so heaven only knows where she is *actually* located. I couldn't find anything about her on here, but I did find an interesting gem from a general Google search (which I will not link here since it's not related to the issue at hand).

Gee whiz info, I know it's really a moot point, but the Alaska / Colorado thing...according to the internet she used to live in Alaska and moved to Colorado. It's likely she hasn't updated her ebay information to show her current address or something.

I'm glad it got resolved and you got your model.

Eviejean
07-31-2017, 07:16 PM
Glad you eventually got your item
(and also not trying to :deadhorse)
but I still would have looked into eBay refunding me the difference I paid between Priority shipping and regular Parcel shipping since it took so long to receive your item.

As for the e-mail from the parent who contacted you - if this is HER eBay id then she should know that it is against eBay's TOS for ANYONE to use another persons eBay id with or without their permission. The daughter had no right to be selling under the parent's name.
As someone who has gotten burned before from a buyer (asking to have an auction win cancelled) using the excuse that their child used their eBay id to bid without their permission I can only say: Ignorance is no excuse...