PDA

View Full Version : Ok the Fake Glossed Pintaloosa

WPDR
08-11-2017, 06:21 PM
I will never do business with Lauren Maultsby ever again. But she has owned up to the lies and apologized.

I bought this horse he arrived in a timely matter. But upon opening him I found him sticky and stuck to the bubblewrap. Bubble marks all over the horse. It was obvious this horse was fake glossed.

When all the lies, and red lights to ME didn't pan out on FB after I posted on one of the groups so very very upset last night with what I found and pictures.

All the lies, and all the collectors on there fighting to get the truth. I so appreciate every single one of them.

The lies became too much and she posted her guilt, the lies, and the faking of this horse.

So now I have a refund coming back. It's tied up with PP right now due to the dispute. But I am so done with this entire mess. I truly hope she learned a lesson in this and will never do it again.

Picture of the horse.

Mindy Young

Kathe
08-11-2017, 06:33 PM
I am SO sorry that this happened to you. :hugg

I was following the unfolding story on facebook. Glad that she finally told the truth. :(

Kathe Nastav

Drenarrow
08-11-2017, 06:35 PM
I am so sorry this happened to you! :sad I'm happy you are getting your money back.

Can you use some lestoil to take off the fake finish?

WPDR
08-11-2017, 08:09 PM
The horse is on his way back to her.

Beethovens7th
08-11-2017, 08:25 PM
:hugg So sorry, Mindy!

WPDR
08-11-2017, 08:43 PM
Thanks. Also this was posted, she had claimed she got the "glossy" from them.
http://modelhorsesalespages.com/view.asp?id=1289206

RBrazil
08-11-2017, 09:06 PM
WOW She really did a number with her lies. To try and bring down a business to cover her butt???

I am so glad you are getting your money back. Sorry you had to go thru this mess.

Starshore
08-11-2017, 09:09 PM
Ugh I saw this mess during a break from work. It sickens me that she would rip somebody off, and then try to put the blame on a reputable company! They can easily press charges against her for that.

Despite the nightmare I hope you take it easy and heal quickly :hugg

horsefreak
08-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Wow. That’s crazy. I’m glad you’re getting your money back :hugg

WPDR
08-11-2017, 09:54 PM
And it looks like she's deleted her apology post now.

RBrazil
08-11-2017, 10:10 PM
Is this person a minor?

WPDR
08-11-2017, 10:20 PM
Is this person a minor?

Honestly I have no idea. She looks young.

RBrazil
08-11-2017, 10:35 PM
This is just so unbelievable and cruel to the lowest level.

WPDR
08-12-2017, 12:06 AM
:(

isalrae
08-12-2017, 02:56 AM
I watched this go down and I'm so sorry it happened to you! What a mess... And I was glad she at least posted an apology but to think she deleted that, too. I assume she's being bombarded with rather nasty messages so that may be why, but on principle that's terrible. What she did is all sorts of wrong and I'm only glad you are getting out of it without losing any money, just time and frustration. I can't believe the length people will go to make a quick buck. At least most collectors are knowledgable enough it usually doesn't fly. But if they sold it to a less experienced collector and got away with it, how could they sleep at night? Because that's what they were hoping for...

Ugh. I'm so sorry you went through this :(

Faracat
08-12-2017, 04:16 AM
http://modelhorsesalespages.com/images/photos/11955.1289206.2_Screenshot_20170811160554.png

That's just awful. What will happen to the horse once she gets it back? I hope whatever it is, it doesn't involve conning anyone else.

I'm so glad that you are getting a refund WPDR.

VWK'sanEasyGoer
08-12-2017, 04:21 AM
I'm glad the truth came out and you won't be at a loss for it but sorry it happened to you Mindy. Sorry it happened at all! This sort of hobby fraud is quite upsetting.

Cate
08-12-2017, 05:06 AM
It's been said before, but I am so sorry that happened to you! :hugg
I can't believe that she did that...and then tried to cover up her lies with more lies! At least she admitted it, but still :gaah

Zexious
08-12-2017, 09:32 AM
I'm glad you got your refund, but it's still a bummer that you're out the authentic glossy you thought you purchased.
Hopefully the seller learned something from this, and everyone can move on. :)

ALemon
08-12-2017, 02:17 PM
WOW. Crazy situation. (head shakes). Im glad your getting your money back. But am completely dumbfounded, by some people......

WPDR
08-12-2017, 02:54 PM
Yeah it was such just a big friggin mess. Then to try to give me red lights, and drag that vendor in to blame them for the fake glossy. She has deleted her apology to me. She had asked for me to delete my posts about all of it and she would delete hers. :lol sorry hun these posts are here to stay. So others have a warning.

Kathe
08-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Yeah it was such just a big friggin mess. Then to try to give me red lights, and drag that vendor in to blame them for the fake glossy. She has deleted her apology to me. She had asked for me to delete my posts about all of it and she would delete hers. :lol sorry hun these posts are here to stay. So others have a warning.

No way. Those posts need to stay to warn others for sure. Ugh

RBrazil
08-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Mindy did you post to MHHR also? I am sure people who dont use FB check that resource for references.

Lemmons SS
08-12-2017, 05:08 PM
I'm glad that you have been issued a refund. I agree that the posts need to stay as public record.

WPDR
08-12-2017, 05:11 PM
No I have to remember how to get in to the MHHR. I rarely go to the yahoo groups anymore.

What a freaking mess this was.

Mary
08-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Late to this show, glad Mindy is coming out ok in the end, but yes that's an awful thing to have to deal with.

Since the links to the MHSP ad showing the FB post will disappear at some point, I screen printed it and am posting the screen-print image from Blab's server. Actually this is about 5 screen prints glued together to make up the full ad posted on MHSP. :)

http://www.modelhorseblab.com/blabmisc/misc/2017-08-12_TTB_WPDR_w800.jpg

And for what it is worth, it is fine to post FB screen prints on Blab. It's been done before, sometimes they are relevant to a TTB situation.

WPDR
08-12-2017, 10:53 PM
Here's the apology to me

Mary
08-12-2017, 11:37 PM
Thanks Mindy, that makes for a more complete picture. Again I am so sorry you got caught up in this.

Generally speaking ... as a mod, I'd like to ask that people not make any further comments on the character etc. of LM. I know it is hard to resist in a case like this, but jumping on people is not really the purpose of TTB.

If anything else happens that is part of this transaction, hopefully Mindy will keep us up to speed.

WPDR
08-13-2017, 12:07 AM
That's just awful. What will happen to the horse once she gets it back? I hope whatever it is, it doesn't involve conning anyone else.

I'm so glad that you are getting a refund WPDR.

That horses "glossy" finish was completely ruined. There would be no way to sell it as legit. I suggested to her that she send it to someone to have the glossy coat removed with either Lestoil or Purple Power. His matte coat looked ok underneath.

WPDR
08-13-2017, 12:09 AM
Thanks Mindy, that makes for a more complete picture. Again I am so sorry you got caught up in this.

Generally speaking ... as a mod, I'd like to ask that people not make any further comments on the character etc. of LM. I know it is hard to resist in a case like this, but jumping on people is not really the purpose of TTB.

If anything else happens that is part of this transaction, hopefully Mindy will keep us up to speed.
I'm just waiting on PP to finish the dispute. I can't figure out how to add any pictures or the screen captures. I will give them another call on Monday. They are wonderful help on the phone.